SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#454153 - 06/30/18 09:24 AM Re: Recommendation for specific Praise and Worship [Re: Uncle Dave]
nckhrs Offline

Loc: CA, USA
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Key feel ABSOLUTELY influences my perception of sound as I play. Whether the audience knows it or not, is not the issue. The way I feel affects the way I play, and if the keys don't bite back a little, and hit bottom with a solid thump ... it changes my approach. This topic comes up often on this forum, and you'll get many opinions, but for me ... it's not just the lightness or weight of the keys that I judge - it's the stiffness, the wobble, the length, the throw ... so many factors, and sadly, Yamaha and Casio are the two worst offenders in my book. Unless you go with a Tyros (or maybe Genos - dunno - haven't touched one), you get the lower end keybed, and for me, it's unacceptable. Casio ... don't even get me started. The pianos are "OK" (noisy, after time), but the synths are dreadful.

I am with you Dave, completely. Very well said.
I seriously thought it was just the weirdness in me.

It would be nice to try Tyros one day, but the price range is beyond my budget.
'For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere' (Psalm 84:10, ESV)

Past: Roland (E-10, E-16, E-38), Korg i30s.
Current: Roland BK-5, Kurzweil MicroPiano.

#454154 - 06/30/18 09:54 AM Re: Recommendation for specific Praise and Worship [Re: nckhrs]
nckhrs Offline

Oh btw, I don't know if I'm only imagining.
When I got my Roland E-35, the key-feel felt worse than my E-16. I thought E-35 supposedly a better keyboard.

And then when I checked their new E series 8 years ago, the key-feel is a bit better than E-35, but still worse than E-16. The absolute fantastic key-feel is their VA series.

Was I just imagining?

Now remembering this makes me want to check them at the store.
'For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere' (Psalm 84:10, ESV)

#455800 - 08/07/18 12:02 AM Re: Recommendation for specific Praise and Worship [Re: nckhrs]
nckhrs Offline

Hi, I just want to give an update. I decided to go with BK-5. Originally I want to go with EA-7, especially I got a great price from Hammer (I really appreciate it).

However, I am new to this "modern and advanced" arranger world (since my last keyboards were Korg i30s and E-36), and I felt intimidated by EA-7 sophisticated features. I was just afraid those features would be wasted as I wouldn't know how to utilize them.

So, this BK-5 would be my first modern keyboard, perhaps I would upgrade to higher end one in the future.

I got the BK-5 from eBay at a great price, I think he (72af9z4) is in this forum too. It's is new, unopened box.

Thank you everybody!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online