Dear All,

I would like to ask for a recommendation for arranger for specific praise and worship need (style and budget).

I have searched the forum and I have some ideas, but I would appreciate any inputs and insights based on your experience, especially because I am so behind in arranger development.

In the past I used Roland E series (E-16 and E-35) and Korg i30s. I am a hobbyist and I serve/play in prayer meeting (10 - 30 people) and occasionally at a small church.

The music I played is mostly Integrity/Maranatha/Hillsong type. I plan to play some new contemporary songs.

My budget is $800, perhaps I can stretch up to $1100 if I really have to (this is a personal budget).

Back then, I tried Yamaha(old PSR) and Casio(DGX), but somehow their sound quality is not as realistic as Roland E-16. I like Korg i30s, especially the key feel, the built, but I felt it's a bit too heavy and a bit too sophisticated.

Btw, I also used Kurzweil MicroPiano sound module. I really love the piano sound and the piano-string bounce

Usually I played alone, but sometimes I have a guitarist who played with me. I used the full-band for praise, and piano or piano-string for worship.

I checked many demo videos, but many times they don't play in the way I would play, thus I don't have any exposure of the styles for my need.

So, here are what I have in mind, please give your suggestion and reasons to open my horizon:
1. Roland E 09, BK-3, VA-5 or VA-7.
2. Korg PA50, PA300.
3. Any Yamaha/Casio perhaps?
3. Other brand(s) or model(s)?

Note: I don't look for sound customization. But style import/upgrade sounds very neat. My focus is style, great sound, easy to use, and portable. Layering sound feature is also preferred. Also MIDI output is a must (to drive Kurzweil MicroPiano).

P.S.: I live in U.S.

Thank you so much! smile

Edited by nckhrs (06/28/18 11:08 AM)
'For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere' (Psalm 84:10, ESV)

Past: Roland (E-10, E-16, E-38), Korg i30s.
Current: Roland BK-5, Kurzweil MicroPiano.