SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#453989 - 06/27/18 08:16 AM Big tip!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Saturday night there was a table, about 20, kids all about 12 years old, celebrating one of their birthdays. Early in the evening one of them came up and asked if I could play some "good songs they could dance to".
The birthday girl's grandfather is a really great regular customer and often brings fairly large parties in, so Ernest told me to go ahead and humor them some.
I opened YouTube and played "Watch Me Neigh, Neigh" or whatever it is and a couple of others so they could get on the dance floor and show everyone how cute they are. Nobody seemed to mind, so during the next two hours I played about 4 more.
As they left, one little girl came up and put some change in my jar and smiled. At the end of the evening I found it was 22 cents. smile
I'm thinking at least some of the kids weren't accustomed to being treated to fine dining and mediocre music and would never have been there unless some else invited them and paid the tab. I feel like her heart was in the right place. Sure hope so!
Oh well, SOMEBODY paid about $1,500 for the party, so it's all good!
For that they SHOULD expect free music!

#453991 - 06/27/18 08:28 AM Re: Big tip! [Re: DonM]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Somebody brought her up well, really refreshing.

#453994 - 06/27/18 08:57 AM Re: Big tip! [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ditto!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#454007 - 06/27/18 10:20 AM Re: Big tip! [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I had a similar "day care" dance floor this week, and one youngster (maybe 8-9) put a dollar in my jar, fist bumped me, and as he went off to dinner, said "we'll be back!" It was too cute. My summer haunt is a family friendly place, and I often think my job is as a baby sitter while the families wit for their tables. (90-120 minutes in peak season ... and it's packed all year)

#454043 - 06/27/18 08:03 PM Re: Big tip! [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Great story, Don:

I am reminded of a similar story with Biblical connections... about someone giving more than they could actually afford... and on a scale of ten... that was probably a 9 & 1/2 in her eyes. Thanks for sharing. Restores my hope for the future of kids and our Country. I know you felt honored and humbled at the same time.

I'm really enjoying that 970 you sold me. Learning how to "tweak" the Vocal Harmony. Pretty impressive for a Yamaha... because until now, their VH features on most of their "boards" were less than desirable.

Thanks, ----Dave at "Jackass Flats Studio"

#454048 - 06/27/18 11:39 PM Re: Big tip! [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

We have a saying in Holland..

If your not happy with small thingss, you are not worthy of the big ones.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online