SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#453746 - 06/20/18 10:44 PM using a handle to carry equipment
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I was talking to one of the members about the heavy weight of some keyboards. I mentioned design being as much of a factor as the physical weight as part of the difficulty in carrying it. The following applies to any carrying case that has straps instead of a handle.

Years ago, I don't remember where I got it, but it was a handle made for keyboard case straps. So I'm lugging around my 50 lb Dynacord amp in a case with "straps" for years and I suddenly remembered the handle. Sure enough, it feels like I took 20 lbs off the total weight. Kind of like weightlifting and using some kind of a "grip" on the bar. You're doing the same exercise, but with the "grip" you can use more weight. Hard to explain.....but I thought you might want to try it.

Handle similar to this one...there's a groove in it where you can stuff in the straps.

Bucket Grip Handle

And....now that I look at it closely, that's almost exactly like the one I'm using now. I think I'll order a few more.

#453751 - 06/21/18 05:11 AM Re: using a handle to carry equipment [Re: Mark79100]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Nice idea. I'm going to HD today to get a jigsaw so I'll look for this. Anything to cushion and protect your hands is a plus. Way back in the days of super heavy amps and my B3 on Roll or Carries I used to carry a pair of heavy work gloves. They really helped.

#453756 - 06/21/18 07:54 AM Re: using a handle to carry equipment [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

#453761 - 06/21/18 09:46 AM Re: using a handle to carry equipment [Re: Mark79100]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
R & R cart is definatley the best but sometimes you still jave to carry. I'd like that handle for my keyboard bag strap handles.
Eon Ones have two nicely rounded hand grabs so not needed there.

#453775 - 06/21/18 10:33 PM Re: using a handle to carry equipment [Re: Bill Lewis]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Anything to cushion and protect your hands is a plus. Way back in the days of super heavy amps and my B3 on Roll or Carries I used to carry a pair of heavy work gloves.

Hi Bill........yes, that's real important protecting the hands. Glad to see you recognize it. Actually, for both weightlifting and carrying just about anything, I always use "sponges." The ordinary car wash sponges you can buy in any hardware store. They're about 2 inches thick but really "cushion-y." What I do is have someone hold the sponge securely on each side while I slice cleanly down the middle with a kitchen knife. You end up with two one inch sponges...one for each hand. It really protects your hands from callouses in weightlifting and anywhere you're going to be lifting something. Been using them for 50 years now and am happy to say my hands are still soft as they were........50 years ago.

#453776 - 06/21/18 10:41 PM Re: using a handle to carry equipment [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

The usual........too many choices. I have trouble just picking out a good salad dressing off the supermarket shelf. At least you only lose $2 if you don't like it. Get the wrong R&R cart, if you can't figure out your needs, and you lose $100 plus.

I remember when I bought my R&R cart in it's infancy days. The only one available was the original R10. Been happy with it ever since.

#453779 - 06/22/18 12:01 AM Re: using a handle to carry equipment [Re: Mark79100]
Mark79100 Offline

My goodness....this thing looks like what they did the moonwalk with.

I was looking at the R&R videos on Youtube and this snippet on the side caught my attention. It begged me to open it. I'm almost sorry I did. It's another "choice" option.

But, the various smaller R&R carts are reasonably priced. I think I'm going to get this one.

RocknRollerĀ® Multi-CartĀ® RMH1 Mini-Handtruck

I already bought one at Target but this is more solidly built and holds more weight...and...it's only 9 pounds. Handy when I have to carry in 4 cases of bottled drinking water every three weeks!

#453785 - 06/22/18 05:32 AM Re: using a handle to carry equipment [Re: Mark79100]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I use a pair of these (lots of resellers now sell them) - "Gig Gloves"
esp. for gigs where I bring my largest PA (not as frequent in recent year) or
larger load-ins for when my full (5pc) band plays ...

https://www.gig-gear.com/

Jim

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online