SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#453628 - 06/18/18 11:44 AM Getting down to one system.
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Like most of you, I’ve had many PA systems. And at my age, I’m looking to simplify...

Like most of you, I’ve tried a lot of different PA systems.

Of all the systems I’ve owned, one stands out as very good sounding and flexible....the Yamaha DXR series and in this case the Yamaha DXR 12.

It’s not the lightest or cheapest, but the most flexible and a solid sound.

I have owned the Yamaha DXR 12 once before. It’s a bit heavy but it would work for about everything I do....or will do from now on out.

I’ll probably keep my Bose S1 speakers to sell to a local restaurant, or for me to keep as a home sound system.

#453629 - 06/18/18 12:08 PM Re: Getting down to one system. [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
Like most of you, I’ve had many PA systems. And at my age, I’m looking to simplify...

Of all the systems I’ve owned, one stands out as very good sounding and flexible....the Yamaha DXR series and in this case the Yamaha DXR 12.

I have owned the Yamaha DXR 12 once before. It’s a bit heavy but it would work for about everything I do....or will do from now on out.

I’ll probably keep my Bose S1 speakers to sell to a local restaurant, or for me to keep as a home sound system.

How do you like your JBL Eon One

#453650 - 06/18/18 07:32 PM Re: Getting down to one system. [Re: guitpic1]
zuki Offline

I hear ya with the great speakers, especially in stereo. I really like the 8.2 QSCs. They are light enough for the rest of my years and sound terrific.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#453690 - 06/19/18 02:45 PM Re: Getting down to one system. [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By guitpic1

How do you like your JBL Eon One

Interesting you should ask about the EON One.

I hadn’t used the Eon for some time and the few times I had used it with my Genos, I loved the warm sound but was lacking volume from the PA.

A friend helped me better understand the EQ/Compression system on my Genos. So today I hooked up the EON One to my Genos and EQ’d it with my Genos.

With the new approach, I doubled the volume of the EON One and the PA still had this nice warm sound I loved. Guess a person just needs to spend the time.

Regarding Genos EQ/Compression.....

For some reason, I had it stuck in my head that EQ/Compression functions differently on my Genos than it does say on my recording board....it doesn’t.

So that mystery solved....I’m back to using the EON One....great sounding PA.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online