Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#453398 - 06/11/18 10:36 AM Crumar Seven
Dnj Offline

keys

#453405 - 06/11/18 02:19 PM Re: Crumar Seven [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I love this thing but I'm still struggling with this 'hammer action' keybed. Too many years of non and semi-weighted keybeds (synths and organs) have spoiled me and probably left me with weak fingers/hands. I try to play subtly and expressively and that's difficult when half the keys don't play because you didn't hit them hard enough. I played it with a semi-weighted controller and I sound a LOT better. I probably should have followed Bachus' route and got the Gemini module. I'll just have to try and work through this. Oddly, it plays a lot like a real Rhodes, touch-wise. This thing should make our Grover Washington stuff sound a lot more authentic. Can't wait to master it enough to record with it.

chas

#453407 - 06/11/18 02:25 PM Re: Crumar Seven [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
I love this thing but I'm still struggling with this 'hammer action' keybed. Too many years of non and semi-weighted keybeds (synths and organs) have spoiled me and probably left me with weak fingers/hands. I try to play subtly and expressively and that's difficult when half the keys don't play because you didn't hit them hard enough. I played it with a semi-weighted controller and I sound a LOT better. I probably should have followed Bachus' route and got the Gemini module. I'll just have to try and work through this. Oddly, it plays a lot like a real Rhodes, touch-wise. This thing should make our Grover Washington stuff sound a lot more authentic. Can't wait to master it enough to record with it.

chas

Well at least you tried it pack it up in a box and send it back move on to the next thing.... no sense keeping something you really don't like deep inside...

#453409 - 06/11/18 02:48 PM Re: Crumar Seven [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
No way. I don't give up on things that easily. The keyboard is properly weighted, I'm the problem. I'm working on finger exercises to improve my finger strength. This keyboard and my organ are the first two pieces of equipment I'd try to save in the event of a fire. Nothing, not even wives, work well until they've been 'broken in' (or they've broken YOU in).

chas

#453410 - 06/11/18 02:57 PM Re: Crumar Seven [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
No way. I don't give up on things that easily. The keyboard is properly weighted, I'm the problem. I'm working on finger exercises to improve my finger strength. This keyboard and my organ are the first two pieces of equipment I'd try to save in the event of a fire. Nothing, not even wives, work well until they've been 'broken in' (or they've broken YOU in).

chas

ok then good luck with it........

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online