SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#453340 - 06/10/18 10:53 AM Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport
Dnj Offline

cool2

Edited by Dnj (06/10/18 11:00 AM)

#453341 - 06/10/18 11:15 AM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Wow, Donnie:

I could use that thing to establish an "ambulance service" out here in the sticks of "West Mayberry!" LOL!

Thanks for sharing. ----Dave

#453342 - 06/10/18 11:18 AM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Riceroni9]
Dnj Offline

I am also looking into using the AMG 750 cart too..

http://www.kranecarts.com/amg750

#453343 - 06/10/18 11:26 AM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Taking recent health happenings into consideration, I'd rather not have anything to do with a gurney ... laugh2 ...
But I guess this could be a viable option for certain situations ... I can picture someone setting it up so that all one would have to do is plug into a power supply ...

#453344 - 06/10/18 11:28 AM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

#453345 - 06/10/18 11:35 AM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

I kind of zipped through that video, but did it show him trying to push that rig back up those ramps???
A friend of mine used ramps like that but also installed an electric powered winch to pull everything back up into his van...
His kb, speakers, etc. were all set up ...

#453346 - 06/10/18 12:16 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
He just said to load with the large rear wheels first. Seeing that the gurneys are just South of $1000 to start, this looks more feasible to me at $60.

#453347 - 06/10/18 12:32 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

In & Out in one shot ALL SET UP has to be a dream come true for the daily gigging performer,..setting up is a PITA stands, covers,speakers, cables, etc,etc, especially when you have to rush and make time traveling & loading again with doubles, etc,..
there has to be a better way somehow.. mad

Edited by Dnj (06/10/18 12:34 PM)

#453348 - 06/10/18 12:47 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Bernie9]
tony mads usa Offline

I watched the full video ... I'm thinking that he made the 'large wheels first' comment only because the small wheels are the 'directional' wheels and may swivel as they go up the ramp making it more difficult to push up the ramps ...
I still can't imagine trying to push a full rig - kb, two spkrs, spkr stands, cart, and whatever, up those ramps ... in order to get the best leverage, one would have to be directly behind the cart, therefore being in between the two ramps ... would that even work?!?

#453349 - 06/10/18 12:57 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
In & Out in one shot ALL SET UP has to be a dream come true for the daily gigging performer,..setting up is a PITA stands, covers,speakers, cables, etc,etc, especially when you have to rush and make time traveling & loading again with doubles, etc,..

The simple answer is: use either a rock'n'roller or some other cart, OR build a unit on wheels onto which you can fasten the kb, spkrs, wires (all plugged into their respective places) and then get a used van and have it retro fit with an electric winch to help lower and pull the rig out of and into the van ... my friend even had his boom mic and laptop holder fastened to the rig ...

#453352 - 06/10/18 01:38 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Right you are. The inside space between the front wheels of an R8 is only 12.5 in.

#453353 - 06/10/18 01:42 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Harbor Freight has an auxiliary winch for $68.

#453354 - 06/10/18 01:49 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By Dnj

The simple answer is: use either a rock'n'roller or some other cart, OR build a unit on wheels onto which you can fasten the kb, spkrs, wires (all plugged into their respective places) and then get a used van and have it retro fit with an electric winch to help lower and pull the rig out of and into the van ... my friend even had his boom mic and laptop holder fastened to the rig ...

Tony can you get some pictures of this all in one rig?.....
we would love to see it...wow

#453355 - 06/10/18 02:03 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Donny ... I will try, but I know he hasn't done NH/AL gigs in a while ...
t.

#453379 - 06/11/18 07:04 AM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Donny ... I will try, but I know he hasn't done NH/AL gigs in a while ...
t.

Tony thats ok maybe just a picture of it all loaded in his driveway etc,....

#453380 - 06/11/18 07:06 AM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

All said isn't it time for rock n roller to make some design changes to its line of karts such as quick release device of some kind to raise or lower the side arms so you don't have to always having to bend down and push those cables to open and release?....great way to get your fingers caught OUCH!

#453381 - 06/11/18 07:20 AM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
... so you don't have to always having to bend down and push those cables to open and release?....

Don't you go gettin' OLD on me, now!!!!!

#453384 - 06/11/18 07:30 AM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Dnj
... so you don't have to always having to bend down and push those cables to open and release?....

Don't you go gettin' OLD on me, now!!!!!

being I'm in the middle between Fran & You age wise I have inspiration dance2 ...Good luck at the Trap this season will make it out again for sure! cool2 keys

#453386 - 06/11/18 07:49 AM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Start doing your bending exercises, so you can get outta the car when you get there.
smile

#453390 - 06/11/18 09:10 AM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Start doing your bending exercises, so you can get outta the car when you get there.
smile

#453404 - 06/11/18 02:12 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, sounds like you are getting a bit lazy to me. Setting up and tearing down should not be an arduous chore. If it is, you must be doing something wrong. I know you have seen the video of my rig and setting it up only took 7 minutes when I took my time. Good exercise! wink Now that I am fully retired, I no longer have to worry about this stuff. smile

Don Mason leaves his gear at the job, so his setup time is zilch. When he does have to take the gear somewhere else for that rare job outside Ernest's, he usually has someone doing the lifting for him. Don goes fishing and plays golf to offset the exercise he misses from setting up and tearing down every night. Bout time for you to get away from the PC and do the same. Good surf fishing along the Jersey shore, and golf courses are everywhere you look.

I just got home from a week of sailing, a trip of just over 300 nautical miles. My daughter's roommate went with me, mainly to keep the old man out of trouble. She spent a week getting a tan and lazing around on the foredeck of the boat, while I did the hard stuff, sailing, setting the sails, getting us to a nightly anchorage, then cooking all the meals. She really enjoyed the trip and says she's packing up for another as soon as I'm ready to go. This was Chris at her favorite location on the boat, sitting on the lounge chair reading a Jimmy Buffett book.

Good luck,

Gary cool

Attachments
20180607_152302.jpg

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#453406 - 06/11/18 02:20 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Gary glad you had a great time on the high seas buddy enjoy it as far as setting up after 50 years and carrying amps with tubes Leslie's cut in half, B3s, and every other big heavy thing from years ago anything today is a pleasure to lift.. but as you know there's always a better way if we don't talk about it and get ideas nothing will ever happen meanwhile back at the ranch I got the barbecue going Rib Eye Stakes are going to be on in a few minutes, I got a nice cold Honey Jack in my hand right now oh baby life is good.... and to top it off Uncle Dave opens up down the shore at The Crab Trap tonight got to take a ride out there and have a lobster dinner and listen to my buddy kick ass on the keyboard!

Edited by Dnj (06/11/18 02:23 PM)

#453408 - 06/11/18 02:38 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
...meanwhile back at the ranch I got the barbecue going Rib Eye Stakes are going to be on in a few minutes, I got a nice cold Honey Jack in my hand right now oh baby life is good....

How come we only think 'life is good' when we're poisoning our bodies with red meat and booze. Oh well, if you can't convince them, JOIN them smile. I just had a 'grilled-to-perfection' Rib-eye last evening. I almost always get ONLY T-bone or Porterhouse steaks but Publix had them on sale and I picked up four. I usually get my steaks from my local butcher (we're lucky enough to have a great one in our area) because they'll custom tailor it to the thickness I want (okay, it's my only indulgence smile ). BTW, I hope you didn't really mean Barbecue and GRILLED them instead smile smile.

chas

#453411 - 06/11/18 02:59 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Usually my go to place for stakes is here nuff said!!

https://peterluger.com/

#453416 - 06/11/18 03:34 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Donny ... how often do you make the trip to Brooklyn for a steak dinner ? ...
I realize there are times when a special dinner is worth the cost - Lord knows I've done that many times ...
I know that Luger's has been voted the top -or very near the top - steakhouse in NY for decades, but man those prices ... a 26 ounce steak for two at about $103 comes to over $60 per pound!!! ...
When I was setting up a branch office in Mt. Laurel NJ we used to have business dinners at The Library II in NJ ... GREAT steaks as was anything else on the menu ...
http://www.librarytwo.com/linked/dinnermenu.png

Call me a steak snob, but I have been fortunate in that I've never had to buy steaks from a super market ... as a kid my mom always shopped at a local butcher ... I got married and my wife's uncle had his own butcher shop dealing in prime meats ... we now shop at a local store and the steaks are great ... I wouldn't doubt that if one tried, you could find a butcher who sells prime beef and would even dry age it for you and you would probably pay about $25 per pound ...

#453418 - 06/11/18 03:55 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Tony we love Peter Lugers and go at least 5 times a year for special occasions.
Remember they only take CASH or a PL Credit cards..
The Old Homestead is another Steak House we also frequent as my wife grew up across the street in Chelsea..
https://www.theoldhomesteadsteakhouse.com/

clap

Attachments
33842012_1816816751960641_8715326256696000512_n.jpg

#453425 - 06/11/18 06:36 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]

I purchased a large, extremely tender, whole tenderloin at BJ's Wholesale Club, which saves me a fortune every time I shop there. I cut it into 1-1/2-inch thick fillet mignon steaks, placed them in vacuum bags and vacuum sealed them before placing them in the freezer. They will last up to six months frozen using this technique. When I decide to cook them, they do NOT get defrosted first. This makes the outside well done, while the inside is medium rare when they come off the grill. Before grilling, I marinate them for an hour in the frig with Yoshida Gourmet Sauce, and baste them with Yoshida while grilling, and also sprinkle them with some Montreal Steak Seasoning. OH YEAH! They have been taste tested by Tony and Lydia, and DNJ.

Chas is still under the mistaken belief that red meat is bad for your heart - NOT! Venison is red meat and recommended by every cardiologist I know. Ironically, pork, the other white meat, is not considered heart healthy, but in reality, it really doesn't make a bit of difference. Hell Chas, you're an old fart like most of us here, and amazingly, we got this old while eating all those bad things. You will likely live a lot longer than you think, even eating grilled steaks. Me, I've been hoping my high cholesterol would kill me, but that isn't working out, either. I recently cancelled all my appointments with the cardiologist. Doesn't make sense for me to see him anymore. Tomorrow, I have an appointment with the urologist. Nice guy, very smart, and this will be the last time I will see him unless I develop a kidney stone. No sense in seeing a urologist after age 70. If you develop prostate cancer, it usually takes 20 or more years to kill you. Hell, I'll be lucky to make it to next year with my nasty lungs. smile

I'll still keep seeing the pulmonary docs - they keep me alive with the new broncho-dialators that cost a small fortune to take. Fortunately, the young gals that work at that office keep me supplied with free samples and I keep them supplied with my homemade Kahlua. smile I have a few things to fix on the boat, then as soon as those jobs are done, this old fart is going on another trip south. I'll take a bunch of those frozen fillet mignons with me to grill on the boat's gas grill. Sure as hell don't want to linger in a nursing home.

All the best,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (06/11/18 06:37 PM)

#453433 - 06/12/18 06:33 AM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

Aldi has good steaks, shrink wrapped so no one sneezes all over them. Grilling out (2) tonight (NY strips - less fat). The corn and potatoes are side dishes, both grilled on coals too smile

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#453436 - 06/12/18 07:31 AM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Ah, steaks, grillin', Barbeque, Honey Jack,....can anyone tell this is a predominately MALE forum? If it were predominately FEMALE, this whole 'steak' thing would have died after one post smile smile. And you wonder why women live longer? (although I DO believe that men die happier smile ).

chas

#453498 - 06/14/18 08:56 AM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
And you wonder why women live longer?

Hmmmm .... salads, cosmos, and most of them DON'T MARRY women!
smile
(2/3 kidding, of course)

#453501 - 06/14/18 09:27 AM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

(2/3 kidding, of course)

Yeah, right!! smile.

chas

#453686 - 06/19/18 02:02 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Peter Luger's ? ... nope, Tony Mads' ... Grass fed sirloin ...

Attachments
IMG_20180616_203351718~2 (640x377).jpg

#453691 - 06/19/18 02:48 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Tony it's the 1800 degree broiler and aged steaks that makes all the difference at a good steak house vs just a home unit.

#453694 - 06/19/18 03:24 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Absolutely right, Donny ... I once asked the chef in a restaurant I was working at about that and that was the exact answer he gave me ...
That being said, a $20 steak on my grill can satisfy me until I can get that $60 steak from an 1800 degree broiler ... rocker

#453695 - 06/19/18 03:33 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

But Tony if you wanna try it at home watch these....

cool2

Edited by Dnj (06/19/18 03:38 PM)

#453697 - 06/19/18 04:10 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

The steak in that last video had too much 'stuff' on it ... all I need is a little bit of olive oil, and salt and pepper, before it goes on to my Weber at about 600 Degrees ... Turn it twice on each side to get some nice grill marks on it ... Cook to rare, medium rare and then serve ... maybe with a little butter to finish it off ...
I was 15 years old working in a butcher shop / deli ... The butcher told me he was going to let me know what steak was supposed to taste like ... He took about a four steak piece of T-Bone and hung it in the walk-in and told me to leave it alone... 4 weeks later it was shriveled and dark brown on the outside ... He trimmed it, cut it into steaks, salt and pepper, and cooked them in butter in a cast iron pan on a pot belly stove in the back of the store. It was the best steak I had ever eaten ...

#453698 - 06/19/18 04:12 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Donny, thanks for those videos they were very interesting...
Too bad we are having baked fish for dinner tonight laugh2

Edited by tony mads usa (06/19/18 04:13 PM)

#453699 - 06/19/18 04:16 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Donny, thanks for those videos they were very interesting...
Too bad we are having baked fish for dinner tonight laugh2

Bon Appetite....but next time your in NYC
have dinner at Peter Lugers.

#453700 - 06/19/18 04:24 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Tony here's another recipe I always try at home ...

#453701 - 06/19/18 04:24 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Can I use your credit card? ... grin rocker

#453702 - 06/19/18 04:28 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Can I use your credit card? ... grin rocker

hey you only live once .....it's just a few polkas.. bounce

#453703 - 06/19/18 04:29 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

dance grin

#453704 - 06/19/18 04:30 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Hey Tony, you and Donny had me doing some steak research. One interesting thing I discovered; different cuts respond better to certain cooking methods. For instance, T-Bones do well on the grill but Rib Eye's are best done in a (cast iron) pan. Just another piece of trivia but here is the quote:

"Choosing a steak isn’t as easy as grabbing it from the cooler and heading to the checkout line. There are plenty of varieties, and not all of them should be cooked the same way. For instance, T-bones thrive on the grill, but a boneless ribeye does best in a frying pan (thanks to the fat running through it). Treating all steaks the same can deprive you of the best possible flavor.".

I'm sure all you old steak burners already know this but thought I'd pass it on anyway (for any amateurs present smile ).

Happy eatin',

chas

PS: Just made a couple of great salmon filets in my air fryer.

#453705 - 06/19/18 04:30 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Tony here's another recipe I always try at home ...

Wow ... what time is dinner?!?

#453706 - 06/19/18 05:02 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

chas ... Thanks for that ... For all the steaks I've eaten in my life I never knew that ... Have to try it the next time I'm having a ribeye ...
Thanks again

#453707 - 06/19/18 05:50 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]

One of the best discoveries of my cooking life was Yoshida Gourmet Sauce. It is fantastic on steak, chicken and most grilled fish and shrimp. It's a ginger teriyaki glaze that makes even a mediocre cut of steak taste fantastic.

I buy my steaks at BJ's Wholesale Warehouse and usually purchase the entire tenderloin, which cuts the price per pound by a significant margin. I cut and butcher them myself, then the ones that are not used that night are vacuum sealed and frozen. I took a couple filet mignon steaks on the last sailing trip with me, grilled them on the boat's gas grill, and they were soooooo good!

All the best,

Gary cool

#453708 - 06/19/18 06:30 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

chas ... Thanks for that ... For all the steaks I've eaten in my life I never knew that ... Have to try it the next time I'm having a ribeye ...
Thanks again

Tony, there are plenty of recipes on the 'net but it's the cooking/grilling MISTAKES that we probably should be looking at. Here's the link to that quote.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/t...3B5J?li=BBnb7Kz

chas

#453709 - 06/19/18 06:36 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Re the original post; despite Gary's reassurances to the contrary, if we (at our age) continue to scoff down all those steaks, the only GURNEY we'll need is the one wheeling us into the emergency room smile smile.

chas

#453710 - 06/19/18 06:41 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
One of the best discoveries of my cooking life was Yoshida Gourmet Sauce. It is fantastic on steak, chicken and most grilled fish and shrimp. It's a ginger teriyaki glaze that makes even a mediocre cut of steak taste fantastic.
All the best,
Gary cool

If a steak needs more than salt, pepper, and a little olive oil, I don't want it ...
JMHO ...
so call me a steak snob ... grin

#453711 - 06/19/18 07:08 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I think this is the most southern post ever... That Said I need a Tomakawk Steak asap......

http://jesspryles.com/recipe/how-to-cook-a-tomahawk-steak/

Edited by Dnj (06/19/18 07:11 PM)

#453712 - 06/19/18 08:11 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]

Chas, if we ever meet up, I will be more than happy to educate you about cholesterol. smile

Gary cool

#453938 - 06/26/18 08:47 AM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Tony, Donny, et al, here's a good one. Don't know if I agree with EVERYthing, but it's pretty informative. A handy reference in any case.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/t...9NcO?li=BBnb7Kz

chas

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online