SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#453404 - 06/11/18 02:12 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, sounds like you are getting a bit lazy to me. Setting up and tearing down should not be an arduous chore. If it is, you must be doing something wrong. I know you have seen the video of my rig and setting it up only took 7 minutes when I took my time. Good exercise! wink Now that I am fully retired, I no longer have to worry about this stuff. smile

Don Mason leaves his gear at the job, so his setup time is zilch. When he does have to take the gear somewhere else for that rare job outside Ernest's, he usually has someone doing the lifting for him. Don goes fishing and plays golf to offset the exercise he misses from setting up and tearing down every night. Bout time for you to get away from the PC and do the same. Good surf fishing along the Jersey shore, and golf courses are everywhere you look.

I just got home from a week of sailing, a trip of just over 300 nautical miles. My daughter's roommate went with me, mainly to keep the old man out of trouble. She spent a week getting a tan and lazing around on the foredeck of the boat, while I did the hard stuff, sailing, setting the sails, getting us to a nightly anchorage, then cooking all the meals. She really enjoyed the trip and says she's packing up for another as soon as I'm ready to go. This was Chris at her favorite location on the boat, sitting on the lounge chair reading a Jimmy Buffett book.

Good luck,

Gary cool

Attachments
20180607_152302.jpg

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#453406 - 06/11/18 02:20 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Gary glad you had a great time on the high seas buddy enjoy it as far as setting up after 50 years and carrying amps with tubes Leslie's cut in half, B3s, and every other big heavy thing from years ago anything today is a pleasure to lift.. but as you know there's always a better way if we don't talk about it and get ideas nothing will ever happen meanwhile back at the ranch I got the barbecue going Rib Eye Stakes are going to be on in a few minutes, I got a nice cold Honey Jack in my hand right now oh baby life is good.... and to top it off Uncle Dave opens up down the shore at The Crab Trap tonight got to take a ride out there and have a lobster dinner and listen to my buddy kick ass on the keyboard!

Edited by Dnj (06/11/18 02:23 PM)

#453408 - 06/11/18 02:38 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
...meanwhile back at the ranch I got the barbecue going Rib Eye Stakes are going to be on in a few minutes, I got a nice cold Honey Jack in my hand right now oh baby life is good....

How come we only think 'life is good' when we're poisoning our bodies with red meat and booze. Oh well, if you can't convince them, JOIN them smile. I just had a 'grilled-to-perfection' Rib-eye last evening. I almost always get ONLY T-bone or Porterhouse steaks but Publix had them on sale and I picked up four. I usually get my steaks from my local butcher (we're lucky enough to have a great one in our area) because they'll custom tailor it to the thickness I want (okay, it's my only indulgence smile ). BTW, I hope you didn't really mean Barbecue and GRILLED them instead smile smile.

chas

#453411 - 06/11/18 02:59 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Usually my go to place for stakes is here nuff said!!

https://peterluger.com/

#453416 - 06/11/18 03:34 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Donny ... how often do you make the trip to Brooklyn for a steak dinner ? ...
I realize there are times when a special dinner is worth the cost - Lord knows I've done that many times ...
I know that Luger's has been voted the top -or very near the top - steakhouse in NY for decades, but man those prices ... a 26 ounce steak for two at about $103 comes to over $60 per pound!!! ...
When I was setting up a branch office in Mt. Laurel NJ we used to have business dinners at The Library II in NJ ... GREAT steaks as was anything else on the menu ...
http://www.librarytwo.com/linked/dinnermenu.png

Call me a steak snob, but I have been fortunate in that I've never had to buy steaks from a super market ... as a kid my mom always shopped at a local butcher ... I got married and my wife's uncle had his own butcher shop dealing in prime meats ... we now shop at a local store and the steaks are great ... I wouldn't doubt that if one tried, you could find a butcher who sells prime beef and would even dry age it for you and you would probably pay about $25 per pound ...

#453418 - 06/11/18 03:55 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Tony we love Peter Lugers and go at least 5 times a year for special occasions.
Remember they only take CASH or a PL Credit cards..
The Old Homestead is another Steak House we also frequent as my wife grew up across the street in Chelsea..
https://www.theoldhomesteadsteakhouse.com/

clap

Attachments
33842012_1816816751960641_8715326256696000512_n.jpg

#453425 - 06/11/18 06:36 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I purchased a large, extremely tender, whole tenderloin at BJ's Wholesale Club, which saves me a fortune every time I shop there. I cut it into 1-1/2-inch thick fillet mignon steaks, placed them in vacuum bags and vacuum sealed them before placing them in the freezer. They will last up to six months frozen using this technique. When I decide to cook them, they do NOT get defrosted first. This makes the outside well done, while the inside is medium rare when they come off the grill. Before grilling, I marinate them for an hour in the frig with Yoshida Gourmet Sauce, and baste them with Yoshida while grilling, and also sprinkle them with some Montreal Steak Seasoning. OH YEAH! They have been taste tested by Tony and Lydia, and DNJ.

Chas is still under the mistaken belief that red meat is bad for your heart - NOT! Venison is red meat and recommended by every cardiologist I know. Ironically, pork, the other white meat, is not considered heart healthy, but in reality, it really doesn't make a bit of difference. Hell Chas, you're an old fart like most of us here, and amazingly, we got this old while eating all those bad things. You will likely live a lot longer than you think, even eating grilled steaks. Me, I've been hoping my high cholesterol would kill me, but that isn't working out, either. I recently cancelled all my appointments with the cardiologist. Doesn't make sense for me to see him anymore. Tomorrow, I have an appointment with the urologist. Nice guy, very smart, and this will be the last time I will see him unless I develop a kidney stone. No sense in seeing a urologist after age 70. If you develop prostate cancer, it usually takes 20 or more years to kill you. Hell, I'll be lucky to make it to next year with my nasty lungs. smile

I'll still keep seeing the pulmonary docs - they keep me alive with the new broncho-dialators that cost a small fortune to take. Fortunately, the young gals that work at that office keep me supplied with free samples and I keep them supplied with my homemade Kahlua. smile I have a few things to fix on the boat, then as soon as those jobs are done, this old fart is going on another trip south. I'll take a bunch of those frozen fillet mignons with me to grill on the boat's gas grill. Sure as hell don't want to linger in a nursing home.

All the best,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (06/11/18 06:37 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#453433 - 06/12/18 06:33 AM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

Aldi has good steaks, shrink wrapped so no one sneezes all over them. Grilling out (2) tonight (NY strips - less fat). The corn and potatoes are side dishes, both grilled on coals too smile

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#453436 - 06/12/18 07:31 AM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Ah, steaks, grillin', Barbeque, Honey Jack,....can anyone tell this is a predominately MALE forum? If it were predominately FEMALE, this whole 'steak' thing would have died after one post smile smile. And you wonder why women live longer? (although I DO believe that men die happier smile ).

chas

#453498 - 06/14/18 08:56 AM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By cgiles
And you wonder why women live longer?

Hmmmm .... salads, cosmos, and most of them DON'T MARRY women!
smile
(2/3 kidding, of course)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online