SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#453702 - 06/19/18 04:28 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Can I use your credit card? ... grin rocker

hey you only live once .....it's just a few polkas.. bounce

#453703 - 06/19/18 04:29 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
dance grin

#453704 - 06/19/18 04:30 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Hey Tony, you and Donny had me doing some steak research. One interesting thing I discovered; different cuts respond better to certain cooking methods. For instance, T-Bones do well on the grill but Rib Eye's are best done in a (cast iron) pan. Just another piece of trivia but here is the quote:

"Choosing a steak isn’t as easy as grabbing it from the cooler and heading to the checkout line. There are plenty of varieties, and not all of them should be cooked the same way. For instance, T-bones thrive on the grill, but a boneless ribeye does best in a frying pan (thanks to the fat running through it). Treating all steaks the same can deprive you of the best possible flavor.".

I'm sure all you old steak burners already know this but thought I'd pass it on anyway (for any amateurs present smile ).

Happy eatin',

chas

PS: Just made a couple of great salmon filets in my air fryer.

#453705 - 06/19/18 04:30 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Tony here's another recipe I always try at home ...

Wow ... what time is dinner?!?

#453706 - 06/19/18 05:02 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

chas ... Thanks for that ... For all the steaks I've eaten in my life I never knew that ... Have to try it the next time I'm having a ribeye ...
Thanks again

#453707 - 06/19/18 05:50 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
One of the best discoveries of my cooking life was Yoshida Gourmet Sauce. It is fantastic on steak, chicken and most grilled fish and shrimp. It's a ginger teriyaki glaze that makes even a mediocre cut of steak taste fantastic.

I buy my steaks at BJ's Wholesale Warehouse and usually purchase the entire tenderloin, which cuts the price per pound by a significant margin. I cut and butcher them myself, then the ones that are not used that night are vacuum sealed and frozen. I took a couple filet mignon steaks on the last sailing trip with me, grilled them on the boat's gas grill, and they were soooooo good!

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#453708 - 06/19/18 06:30 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
chas ... Thanks for that ... For all the steaks I've eaten in my life I never knew that ... Have to try it the next time I'm having a ribeye ...
Thanks again

Tony, there are plenty of recipes on the 'net but it's the cooking/grilling MISTAKES that we probably should be looking at. Here's the link to that quote.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/t...3B5J?li=BBnb7Kz

chas

#453709 - 06/19/18 06:36 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Re the original post; despite Gary's reassurances to the contrary, if we (at our age) continue to scoff down all those steaks, the only GURNEY we'll need is the one wheeling us into the emergency room smile smile.

chas

#453710 - 06/19/18 06:41 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
One of the best discoveries of my cooking life was Yoshida Gourmet Sauce. It is fantastic on steak, chicken and most grilled fish and shrimp. It's a ginger teriyaki glaze that makes even a mediocre cut of steak taste fantastic.
All the best,
Gary cool

If a steak needs more than salt, pepper, and a little olive oil, I don't want it ...
JMHO ...
so call me a steak snob ... grin

#453711 - 06/19/18 07:08 PM Re: Anyone using a GIG Gurney on jobs for transport [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I think this is the most southern post ever... That Said I need a Tomakawk Steak asap......

http://jesspryles.com/recipe/how-to-cook-a-tomahawk-steak/

Edited by Dnj (06/19/18 07:11 PM)

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online