SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#453292 - 06/08/18 09:30 AM Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Donny et al, if you watched the end of that video where Max is bringing the SEVEN in, all I can say is, he must be on steriods; that sucker is HEAVY (@ 70lbs fully cased). Doesn't bother me 'cause mine won't be moved, but that video is definitely misleading as to it's portability (especially if you're a fragile old man smile ). Good marketing, though smile.

I'm loving it so far except for the 'super-weighted' keybed. The tones are heavely so I just can't return it - I'll just have to strengthen my fingers.

Thanks for re-posting the video (Fran had posted it originally). It shows what a great-sounding instrument it is. Although certainly not for everyone, if you're a Rhodes/Wurly/DX fan, it's like a dream come true. Obviously, I can't play like Max (in the video) but it makes me sound better than I am smile.

chas

#453293 - 06/08/18 09:52 AM Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Chas enjoy

#453296 - 06/08/18 10:28 AM Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
Obviously, I can't play like Max (in the video) but it makes me sound better than I am smile.
chas

To steal a quote from someone else on this forum, "It's not the keyboard, it's the keyboardIST" ...

#453298 - 06/08/18 10:42 AM Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... and, yes, he ABSOLUTELY made carrying and setting up that beast seem a lot easier than it might be to a lot of people ... noticed they didn't show attaching the back legs which was always a pita with the Rhodes ... because of the leg angle, you had to hold the Rhodes at a tilt while trying to screw the legs in ...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online