i'M A NEW PARENT!

Posted by: cgiles

i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/06/18 02:22 PM

First 'baby' pictures.

B3 and Rhodes; I'm all set. Just got it set up but haven't turned it on yet....letting the excitement build smile. Another hole in my wallet thanks to Fran Carrango smile. BTW, it looks beautiful; built like a tank (weighs like one, too). Okay, time to try it out. Need to brush up on some of those lush 'soul' chords that only a 'Rhodes' can do.

chas (a happy man)

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/06/18 02:25 PM

Yikes! What did I do? How do I get these pics down to size? I actually wanted to imbed them. If anyone can fix it, please do.

Thanks,
chas
Posted by: Dnj

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/06/18 02:31 PM

Enjoy... cool2
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/06/18 02:44 PM

I'm little Russ Lay...only 73. Would you adopt me, PLEASE!

Russ (I LOVE Daddy Chas) Lay

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/06/18 02:45 PM

Gosh, thanks Donnie, but what about the other three? Also, what did you do (or what DIDN'T I DO)?

chas

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/06/18 02:56 PM

Yo Russ, wish I COULD get you down here to show me some of that 'Rhodes' stuff. I may have to start doing finger exercises to get used to this stiff (really stiff) Rhodes-like keybed. Sounds are great but years of lightning fast synth and organ keybeds have spoiled me. Acoustic piano is okay but (without tweaking either the modeled or the sampled piano) I like my Roland piano better. We'll see.

chas
Posted by: zuki

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/06/18 03:12 PM

Hey Chas - is that a T5 (76)?

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/06/18 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By zuki
Hey Chas - is that a T5 (76)?

Crumar Seven (waiting for Donny to fix the other three pics smile ).

chas
Posted by: zuki

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/06/18 03:36 PM

I know that, gear junkie smile I was referring to the Yamaha in the picture............
Posted by: Riceroni9

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/06/18 03:57 PM

Holy Matrimony:

I thought for a second we were looking at the innards of a space ship from the other Roswell!

Impressive, Chas. How do you find the time to get around to playing each one? LOL! Sorta like the Sultan and his wives!

I think I'll follow Russ's lead and beg for adoption!

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/06/18 04:03 PM

cool2

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/06/18 04:04 PM

keys

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/06/18 04:15 PM

Ha! Not really a gear junkie....ok, maybe a little, but I'm more of a PACK RAT. If I got rid of old stuff as I acquired new stuff, I'd be okay (and normal). BTW Dave, my organ (KeyB Duo Mk111), Roland VP770, and Roland BK7m are in my so-called rehearsal room. PIA when recording; I have to use two different recording rigs (both Windows based running Reaper) and then merge the files.

Zuki, that Yammy is my old T2 which I only use for a single voice, that great nylon guitar....and then, only for recording.

chas

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/06/18 04:19 PM

Hey, thanks Donnie. That last pic is a bunch of 'free' accessories that Kraft included with the Seven. Headphones, several cord sets, and a cheapo KB bench (which I'll never use smile ).

chas
Posted by: Bachus

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/06/18 09:14 PM

this should work well as the lower keyboard under a 61 key arranger...
I own the Gemini module, which has the same incredible sound engine and more...
However the Sevens interface is much more intuitive..

I hope to read a report here soon
Enjoy your explorations

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/07/18 02:55 AM

Thanks Bachus, if I'd known the keybed was this 'firm', I may have opted for a Gemini module and a controller. I'm hoping I can adjust to it but I doubt if I'll ever try to use it for acoustic piano solos because of the stiff keybed. I just can't play expressively with it; too many 'dropped' notes. Sound-wise, fantastic. Fairly intuitive once you get used to it. I bought it expressly for the variety of Rhodes-like tones and for that, it's perfect.

I've decided that at this stage of my life, I prefer a semi-weighted keybed. The Seven plays like a old Rhodes, but less 'lag-gy'.

chas
Posted by: tassiespirit

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/07/18 03:34 AM

Congrates Chas, a new child has come to your home to be loved.

Cigars all round?

Allan
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/08/18 03:13 AM

Chas,

That's some kind of set up very nice!
Posted by: Impuls

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/08/18 03:27 AM

Nice stuff , and place keys

Do you have a Youtube channel were we can listen to this nice equipment

Impuls :-)

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/08/18 08:29 AM

Originally Posted By Impuls
Nice stuff , and place keys

Do you have a Youtube channel were we can listen to this nice equipment

Impuls :-)

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/08/18 09:30 AM

Donny et al, if you watched the end of that video where Max is bringing the SEVEN in, all I can say is, he must be on steriods; that sucker is HEAVY (@ 70lbs fully cased). Doesn't bother me 'cause mine won't be moved, but that video is definitely misleading as to it's portability (especially if you're a fragile old man smile ). Good marketing, though smile.

I'm loving it so far except for the 'super-weighted' keybed. The tones are heavely so I just can't return it - I'll just have to strengthen my fingers.

Thanks for re-posting the video (Fran had posted it originally). It shows what a great-sounding instrument it is. Although certainly not for everyone, if you're a Rhodes/Wurly/DX fan, it's like a dream come true. Obviously, I can't play like Max (in the video) but it makes me sound better than I am smile.

chas

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/08/18 09:52 AM

Chas enjoy
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/08/18 10:28 AM

Originally Posted By cgiles
Obviously, I can't play like Max (in the video) but it makes me sound better than I am smile.
chas

To steal a quote from someone else on this forum, "It's not the keyboard, it's the keyboardIST" ...
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: i'M A NEW PARENT! - 06/08/18 10:42 AM

... and, yes, he ABSOLUTELY made carrying and setting up that beast seem a lot easier than it might be to a lot of people ... noticed they didn't show attaching the back legs which was always a pita with the Rhodes ... because of the leg angle, you had to hold the Rhodes at a tilt while trying to screw the legs in ...