SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#453088 - 06/04/18 12:56 PM Re: Want to Trade? [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
I've enjoyed reading the "whys" from each of you. Since I never get up on stage, have severe tingling fingers and could not play a piano if my life depended on it... I would buy an Arranger from Yamaha that is designed to appear to be "cut in half." I play chords only with my left hand, use the right hand to push buttons, scratch where I itch and do my best to "lead the orchestra" with my vocal.

Song-writing has different demands and the Arranger is God's Gift to Song-writers. Set that sucker up with the style you need to get the gist of the song across, turn all the Pan Knobs (via the screen) toward the center of the board, as if I were the conductor of the band... select the instruments, choir, etc., adjust each one's volume and record that sucker of a new song until I am blue in the face. (Over-simplification for the sake of time... you guys already know all of this stuff.)

I get tons of practice that way. Every now and then, something causes it all to coagulate and it actually sounds fairly decent. (Vocal removed from equation... LOL!)

I guess that's why I admire you talented folks so very much.

So, Don... have you ever played an S910? If so, what would I gain in acquiring a used but not abused S970? In today's market, song-writers need every trick in the book to sound "authentic" and unique.

----Dave Rice

#453089 - 06/04/18 12:59 PM Re: Want to Trade? [Re: Uncle Dave]
zuki Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
(was this on topic?)

No, was does anyone want to trade? smile

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#453090 - 06/04/18 01:23 PM Re: Want to Trade? [Re: Riceroni9]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By Riceroni9
I've enjoyed reading the "whys" from each of you. Since I never get up on stage, have severe tingling fingers and could not play a piano if my life depended on it... I would buy an Arranger from Yamaha that is designed to appear to be "cut in half." I play chords only with my left hand, use the right hand to push buttons, scratch where I itch and do my best to "lead the orchestra" with my vocal.

Song-writing has different demands and the Arranger is God's Gift to Song-writers. Set that sucker up with the style you need to get the gist of the song across, turn all the Pan Knobs (via the screen) toward the center of the board, as if I were the conductor of the band... select the instruments, choir, etc., adjust each one's volume and record that sucker of a new song until I am blue in the face. (Over-simplification for the sake of time... you guys already know all of this stuff.)

I get tons of practice that way. Every now and then, something causes it all to coagulate and it actually sounds fairly decent. (Vocal removed from equation... LOL!)

I guess that's why I admire you talented folks so very much.

So, Don... have you ever played an S910? If so, what would I gain in acquiring a used but not abused S970? In today's market, song-writers need every trick in the book to sound "authentic" and unique.

----Dave Rice

Dave, yes I had and enjoyed an S910 for quite some time. The 970 has a lot of improvements. It has "Real Drums", new sounds, improved vocal harmonizer and processor, the screen is better. . .many improvements, even over the 950!
One thing nobody talks about much are the Audio Drum Styles. It has quite a few and they are recordings of live drum. I use them a LOT.
Also the 970 will give you additional recording options. You record audio of your playing and voice and save it to the keyboard or to USB. You could record a midi file, play it back and record it and the vocal as a new song. No problem if you mess up, just don't save it and try again!
I'm sure there are some other improvements but has been a long time since I looked at a 910.
I'll make you a great deal old friend! Maybe I'll deliver it to you. smile

#453092 - 06/04/18 01:48 PM Re: Want to Trade? [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

Don:

The improved VH sounds like a bass-bait hitting the water right in front of a ten-pounder... LOL! I've been attempting a re-do of one of my best songs, "Moonlight at Makaha" (can you tell it has an Hawaiian theme?) 'cause it needs some VH. The 910 fails me miserably no matter how I tweak it... or maybe I should just "fess-up" and admit my vocals sound like an old geezer pretending he's something he will never be! Nobody said this was going to be easy.

I'll have some serious words with the "War Dept." and send you a PM or E-mail later this afternoon. Are trade-ins "on the table?"

----Dave

#453093 - 06/04/18 01:55 PM Re: Want to Trade? [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Trade in is good if it is a Korg PA1000. smile
The 910 shouldn't be hard to sell. I guess it would depend on what you want to get for the 910 though.

#453097 - 06/04/18 03:58 PM Re: Want to Trade? [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

The "Boss" is running late... and I just had a blinding flash of light... you got rid of the 76 key PA whatever they call it... and the Yamaha 970 is a 61 key machine, isn't it? If it, too is a 71 key... it won't fit my set-up. Glad I thought to ask before even mentioning the acquisition to her.

#453098 - 06/04/18 04:27 PM Re: Want to Trade? [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

The 970 is 61 keys. You're going to love it! smile

#453099 - 06/04/18 04:54 PM Re: Want to Trade? [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

That is a relief. Thanks, Don. Now for that critical "discussion" with the chief accountant.

#453100 - 06/04/18 05:02 PM Re: Want to Trade? [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Put your foot down. Show her who's boss! No wait, it might be better to buy it then beg for forgiveness! smile

#453101 - 06/04/18 05:08 PM Re: Want to Trade? [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

Ever the salesman... whether selling that song to the crowd... or selling a top notch keyboard to an old geezer. LOL!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online