SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#45305 - 08/23/02 10:09 AM 20 for 1 song project on hold for now due to........
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Hi All,
My pentium 3 has crashed big time and is probably beyond a prudent, competative repair. It has been overworked for the 18 months it has been here in the recording studio and has used up its "b" life span. i am shopping a pentium 4 and looking at a new sony that has an 80 gig hard drive but also a memory strip and hotwire ports. That should be Memory Stick Media Slot and Firewire Ports. I am always open to any advice from anyone.
I am currently using my backup computer a Pentium 133 that is quite slow. Please don't send in any more songs for the 20 for 1 project until further notice. Please DO send me your email address to rebuild the list for this project. Hold on the addresses, as I have them all on backup cdroms, unless I got your address in the last 2 weeks then you best resend it to me. My last backup was about 2 weeks ago.
Thanks for your understanding. I will be monitoring the forum and email and shopping the new computer market. That is about it for now. Best to all,

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 08-23-2002).]

#45306 - 08/23/02 11:33 AM Re: 20 for 1 song project on hold for now due to........
technicsplayer Offline

advice... don't talk about memory strips or hotwire ports if you really mean memory sticks and firewire ports

#45307 - 08/23/02 08:12 PM Re: 20 for 1 song project on hold for now due to........
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
TP, Thank you for that good advice.
The correct terminology is a Memory stick media slot and Fire Wire Ports.
Obviously I know nothing about either at this point but that is the point where people starts learning.
TP, as long as you are offering your advice kindly tell me why I would need either of the above as they do add cost. Thank you
Bebop

#45308 - 08/24/02 02:31 AM Re: 20 for 1 song project on hold for now due to........
technicsplayer Offline

in very basic terms, memory stick slot - camera or song player, firewire - video editing.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online