SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#45260 - 05/15/03 11:27 AM The Synthzone Experience
The Leans Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
I'm still a 'Junior' member of Synthzone, and have been so for only a couple of weeks.
But, a more friendly group of people I have yet to meet. Every time anybody says anything - Every time anybody sends in a recording - there is a flood of comments of appreciation. Freely given by people who are 'just out there in the ether'.
I've had more attention given to my limited musical skills in these past two weeks, than I've had in a lifetime.

It is most gratifying. And indeed, a learning process. There is much comment sent in of a 'technical' nature which to be frank, I don't understand. But, it matters not. In the process of all this, I've already established a most worthwhile friendship on the other side of the pond, and made numerous other contacts, which keep my e-mail typing fingers in good trim.

At the age of 72yrs, I'm not only learning about these wonderful machines of ours, but more importantly, learning about people. !! Our foibles - Our subjective views - Our enthusiasm - our love of music - And the wonderful shades of differing attitudes, of different nationalities. ! Marvellous. Long may we all reign. And thanks to all those who make this possible.

#45261 - 05/15/03 02:13 PM Re: The Synthzone Experience
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Well said, Colin. I agree and a big compliment to the positive attitude of all our forumfriends. This makes this forum a 'safe, learning and nice' international place to be on.
Cees

#45262 - 05/15/03 09:10 PM Re: The Synthzone Experience
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Dear Colin!

I am privileged to be among those new-found friends you have found on the Forum and wanted to express publicly how wonderful it is to have received the magnificent musical contributions that you have shared with us. For those of you who have not yet heard his brilliant presentations of such classics as STARDUST, you have missed a magical journey into absolute musical heaven! Surely this rendition of that song (among others that Colin has recorded) is one of the finest I personally have every heard! By all means download it or ask BEBOP (or Colin himself) to send the ZIP file to you. Welcome to the Forum, Colin; you will have the geatest of friends here for as long as you wish.

Ted

#45263 - 05/15/03 09:19 PM Re: The Synthzone Experience
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Hi Colin,
I'll say "Amen" to that.
I'm really glad that you made it to this forum. I told you this was a great place with great people, and they appreciate good music!
Regards,
Walt

#45264 - 05/19/03 11:47 PM Re: The Synthzone Experience
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
At 72 years old and having Junior status temporarily is something you should savor. I guess it is virtual youth

Just like real life you'll age on the BBS and become a full Member before you even realize it has happened.

Anyway just like in the real world age is a GOOD thing, on and off the BBS and just indicates experience. It's great that you found your way to here Colin.

#45265 - 05/20/03 08:05 AM Re: The Synthzone Experience
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Colin, I am happy we were finally able to resolve the problems that you were experiencing and that you are now one of ours. I thank you for the many songs you have sent in for me to distribute to our email list. I hear a lot of good reports on your music.
Age 72, seems to be a good number. I am reaching for that one in February. Life is good and every day is appreciated.
Best to you Colin and keep those songs coming
Bebop

#45266 - 05/20/03 12:27 PM Re: The Synthzone Experience
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
How many other groups have 72 year old "Juniors" ?

oops.. forgot about the "Sopranos"

SeeYa
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#45267 - 05/20/03 12:32 PM Re: The Synthzone Experience
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi there.
Welcome to the site. It would be very good if you could update your profile, it's always nice for us to know where you are situated, it's make it feel even more friendly.
Regards,
Pete.b.
Quote:
Originally posted by The Leans:
I'm still a 'Junior' member of Synthzone, and have been so for only a couple of weeks.
But, a more friendly group of people I have yet to meet. Every time anybody says anything - Every time anybody sends in a recording - there is a flood of comments of appreciation. Freely given by people who are 'just out there in the ether'.
I've had more attention given to my limited musical skills in these past two weeks, than I've had in a lifetime.

It is most gratifying. And indeed, a learning process. There is much comment sent in of a 'technical' nature which to be frank, I don't understand. But, it matters not. In the process of all this, I've already established a most worthwhile friendship on the other side of the pond, and made numerous other contacts, which keep my e-mail typing fingers in good trim.

At the age of 72yrs, I'm not only learning about these wonderful machines of ours, but more importantly, learning about people. !! Our foibles - Our subjective views - Our enthusiasm - our love of music - And the wonderful shades of differing attitudes, of different nationalities. ! Marvellous. Long may we all reign. And thanks to all those who make this possible.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online