SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#452479 - 05/23/18 11:06 AM The power of the microphone
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
A long-time business partner and politician lost his bid for the US senate yesterday...a complete surprise. He was far ahead in the polls a few weeks ago.

I had agreed to play for the event which was to be used for his "victory" speech.

I knew most of his supporters, so there were a lot of greetings as people passed the bandstand.

A little jerk*** intern stopped the music, took me around the corner and gave me hell for overstepping my bounds. He read me the riot act, telling me to speak only when spoken to, to avoid contact with the candidate or other staff members, take breaks away from the crowd in a prep room, etc.

I went back to the bandstand, turned on the microphone and asked the little jerk to come talk to me.

I observed that this little incompetent was one reason why my friend lost, and suggested that the kid was so incompetent, I wouldn't even interview him for a job. Turns out he was the son of a (probably, former) friend.

Also turns out he had been trying to get an interview with me, and didn't make the connection.

A similar thing happened at the club I play. A new little manager pulled the same crap...no visits to members...breaks in the employee room, etc. Here, too, I knew most of the members.

Little jerk didn't finish the night.

I am offered meals off the menu. I eat what is prepared for the help. That dramatically improved the quality of the food for the workers.

When I am offered a new job (day or night work) I slip into the establishment and see how the employees and customers are treated. I flat out refuse to have anything to do with anyone who doesn't treat employees and customers with courtesy and politeness.

Thing is, when you're old, you can say and do what you want.

SO THERE!

Russ (da grump) Lay

Edited by captain Russ (05/23/18 11:09 AM)

#452488 - 05/23/18 01:36 PM Re: The power of the microphone [Re: captain Russ]
zuki Offline

Good thing the little jerk didn't do an Elvis act - that would've really lit your fire smile

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#452489 - 05/23/18 01:39 PM Re: The power of the microphone [Re: zuki]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Jim, that's the funniest thing I've heard all year!

Needed a lift.

Enjoyed that one!

Be well,

Russ

#452525 - 05/24/18 05:34 AM Re: The power of the microphone [Re: captain Russ]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Russ, thankfully, it's quite rare to encounter this kind of situation.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online