SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#45233 - 10/04/02 03:22 PM Sorry Technics!
Dickie Day Offline

Loc: Co Durham, England
A few months ago I posted a topic on this bulletin board about how I thought the new Kn7000 looked. Well I must now eat humble pie and congratulate Technics. Although I have yet to see this new machine in the flesh, I have just received a copy of there promotional video and I think that it looks fantastic! (It would look better in my dining room). More importantly is that it sounds excellent. What more do we want?

Has anyone heard the new Yamaha Tyros yet! (Just curious).

On the promotional video for the kn7000 and new Pr series, there is a slide show demonstration for the Pr. The guy is playing a piece of music to a slideshow of Santorini. The music is absolutley fabulous. Does anyone know what it is called and where can I get a copy of it from?

Keep up the good work!

#45234 - 10/04/02 03:34 PM Re: Sorry Technics!
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Dickie, Pity you can't attend the meeting on the 20th - we'll have two of the KN7000s there. Also, two of the Technics team have agreed to attend so it should be a worthwhile day.
Enjoy your holiday over the Pond.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#45235 - 10/04/02 04:12 PM Re: Sorry Technics!
Anonymous
Unregistered

You lucky Brit's. Just got on the KN 7000 site and looked at the list of dealers. We in the states have to search to find one. Organs an Keyboards are more popular in Europe than the states and it makes it difficult for we TECHNIC fans to hear and barter price on new instruments. Thank goodness we have our good friends over the ditch to keep us abreast of new developements with TECHNICS.

Fran in Florida

Ps...Shame we all do not operate on 110.
PPs..Any U.S dealers reading could contact me as I am gitt'n ready.

#45236 - 10/04/02 04:18 PM Re: Sorry Technics!
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Fran, Have a look at page 2 of this thread
Topic: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ????

Might Help

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#45237 - 10/04/02 06:18 PM Re: Sorry Technics!
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Bill, while you folks are meeting on the 20th you may want to try to motivate an upgrade to the Song Manager software to add some of the things that have been discussed like multiple song transfer. I have only had my KN7000 one day and was surprised that there were minimal edit functions with things like moving a file or folder to a different location on the SD card missing. Maybe I'll yet find some of the stuff that I expected. I hope so. I've got a hard disk full of stuff in my computer to transfer. It looks like my assumption that you could drag and drop songs to and from the SD card and the computer were totally wrong. I can see what Technics has done and it makes some sense but the software should be able to surmount those problems. This is a fantastic keyboard. Maybe we expect too much.

#45238 - 10/04/02 11:46 PM Re: Sorry Technics!
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
I agree to Bob H.,
in the advertisement Tehnics pointed at the multimedia-possibilities. Sure they are in it. Bud I expected a faster and more advanced managementsystem on the musicfiles between the Technics and the computer .
Since I've a digital camera the interaction (upload and download hundreds of digifoto's and digimovies) with the camera (compactflash II) and the PC is very quick.(only a few seconds). And the software is more advanced too, rather than the basic software delivered with the Technics.
As said, I'm very satisfied with the K7 , bud I expected more of their advertise-promises with SD?
-----------------------
Bob Henderson said: It looks like my assumption that you could drag and drop songs to and from the SD card and the computer were totally wrong. I can see what Technics has done and it makes some sense but the software should be able to surmount those problems. This is a fantastic keyboard. Maybe we expect too much. [/B][/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 10-04-2002).]

#45239 - 10/05/02 03:38 AM Re: Sorry Technics!
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Bob and cees,
It may help for you to know that I reported similar concerns to Chris Whitehead at Panasonic by e-mail. In his reply he indicated that they are looking into other methods of file transfer. So let's keep our fingers crossed - and I'm sure he will be reminded of our concerns on the 20th
John

#45240 - 10/05/02 04:35 AM Re: Sorry Technics!
technicsplayer Offline

Bob, there is a copy function for SD files in the machine.
It's perfectly possible to drag and drop non-audio files to the SD card, you just need to update the kn7000mn.inf file with a hex editor in the correct data blocks. Then the keyboard will 'see' the new files. I sent all the relevant information in as a suggestion as soon as I got my 7000. From John's answer it seems they are looking at it. The 7000 site is still relatively new, lets see what turns up

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online