SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#45229 - 08/30/02 07:46 AM KN7000 Drawbars, Tabs, Theatre Organ
laingjam Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC, USA
Are the Drawbar sounds (samples) new and different on the KN-7000? I know there is alot of talk about new "Tab Organs" and theatre organs etc. Didn't know if they have improved the already quite good drawbars in some way too. Only thing I couldn't quite get out of KN-6000 drawbars was a certain hard-to-describe quality that the Wersi Scala/Abacus does really well: a sort of high-pitch wail or "scream" or shrillness that I often hear in recordings of real B3's thru leslie's. Seems the KN6000 drawbars although very good, don't quite have this on the high end (upper frequencies), while Wersi does that part really well.

ALSO - I used to have an FA1, which had alot of "tab organs" and theatre organs. Wondering if the KN-7000 simply included those "so-so" samples, or newly created ones, for its tab organ and theatre pipe organ sounds?

Jim

#45230 - 08/30/02 10:52 AM Re: KN7000 Drawbars, Tabs, Theatre Organ
Vaschenbru Offline

Loc: Germany
Hello JIm

What is a " FA1"

I´m suching for real good sounds Theatre and
nice warm Tabs.

Are they built in these "FA1"?
Which Company and what is the price?

regards

Volker from germany

------------------

#45231 - 08/30/02 06:55 PM Re: KN7000 Drawbars, Tabs, Theatre Organ
Teemark Offline

Loc: Ohio
Many of the drawbar samples are new. I am told that the 7000 samples were done thru a real leslie speaker, the 6000, and 6500 were notdone that way. On the 7000 they are very good! There are several new ones too. I jiust got my 7000 today and am working my way thru the sounds. one of the geat new features is the ability to record these sounds and convert them to MP3 format, then they can be sent as an email and played back without haveing a 7000 on the other end. When I get to that point I would be glad to send you some samples.

I also got the new card "Vintage Keyboards" and there are some organ sounds on it that I like better than those on the keyboard itself.

The theatre organ sounds are as good as the Tehcnics Theatre Organ disks that came out about a year ago.

anything else? email me back

Mark

#45232 - 08/30/02 09:14 PM Re: KN7000 Drawbars, Tabs, Theatre Organ
laingjam Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC, USA
When you refer to Drawbar sounds, some being new samples, are you talking about the Digital Drawbars (where you have the 9 drawbars on the screen) or the "fixed" drawbar sounds in the Organ group? I was mainly curious about the "digital drawbars"

The "FA1" is a Technics organ that a friend of mine used to own. It was about KN-2000 vintage, I believe, in its sounds/rhythms. Maybe KN-3000. It had alot more organ stuff than the keyboards, and it also had the ability to layer FOUR sounds on the upper, FOUR on the lower and TWO on the pedal, versus our "RIGHT1 and RIGHT 2" only 2 layers (unless one uses programs or creates sounds that have more layers in the sound).

Thanks...Jim

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online