SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#452107 - 05/18/18 07:08 AM Re: Checked out the Genos. [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Kabinopus, well said! While the Genos is extraordinary, so are most of the current arrangers to one degree or another.
I have a PSR S970 and in truth it is all I would ever need. A change would be for ME to appreciate and perhaps add some features I desire, not necessarily need. As I look back, the Korg PA4X was closest I've ever had to fulfilling both needs and desires!

#452115 - 05/18/18 07:57 AM Re: Checked out the Genos. [Re: DonM]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By DonM
Originally Posted By kbrkr
Don,

Thanks for the review.

What did you think of the "groove" factor as compared to the Pa4x? Do you think it is soniclly better than the Pa4x?

Al

Yamaha has some fantastic lead sounds. I found great guitars, new Pianos and Trumpets were good. Drums not as good to my ears as PA4X. I like organs on the 4x better, especially the way the lelie sim works. I'd say it is really close. I like the sound of both.
tried all the Presets and that sounded best to me, through Don's two Bose Compacts.
It seems to me they are leaving a lot of things to adjust by the user, but I suppose that's not all bad because it's easy to do.
I would have to change at least the volume on almost every OTS button.

Bear in mind that these are all minor things and can be readily and easily changed.

Great thoughts, I have to say I’m with you I like both but the Organs and the Leslie sim on the Pa4x is better sounding to my ears, drums too.

#452116 - 05/18/18 07:58 AM Re: Checked out the Genos. [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Originally Posted By kbrkr
Thanks for reply Don!!

@Gary, didn't Joe Waters release a piece of software to fix the OTS volume issue, or am I hallucinating again?

Not that I know of.

However, I did get to place my hands on a Genos yesterday at the local music store - AWESOME!

As DonM stated, there is a disparity with the Style/OTS ratio, but the owner corrected his with his registrations. Very easy solution.

I absolutely was amazed at how much the pianos improved over the T4, and the guitars were absolutely superb. I only had about a hour to play with it, but I was really impressed by the overall sound. It is the best arranger keyboard that Yamaha has ever produced, by far.

Now, if I sell the boat, which I hope to do before I die, I'll buy one, for sure.

All the best,

Gary cool

Gary, Glad to hear you finally got to play the Genos. smile

#452186 - 05/19/18 07:01 AM Re: Checked out the Genos. [Re: DonM]
zuki Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
As I look back, the Korg PA4X was closest I've ever had to fulfilling both needs and desires!

It's OK. Don't know where you're going until you know where you've been smile

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#452207 - 05/19/18 08:46 AM Re: Checked out the Genos. [Re: zuki]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By zuki

Don't know where you're going until you know where you've been smile

Except for Arranger keyboard buyers. Most know where they've been but still don't have a clue where they're going.....just ask ...(fill in the blank smile ).

chas

Edited by cgiles (05/19/18 08:47 AM)

#452257 - 05/19/18 04:56 PM Re: Checked out the Genos. [Re: cgiles]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Good review.

Seems we all bond with one brand or the other eventually.

My experience gigging with the PA4X was definitely a good one. However, once the Genos arrived, and I would go back and forth between the two....

I realized that the Genos just felt more right for me.

So far, I’ve probably gigged with the Genos a dozen times, and it just feels right.

Are there niggles? Yes. But that’s what they are, niggles.

😊

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online