SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#45212 - 01/05/04 07:21 AM Big Welcome to Uncle Dave to the Technics Forum with his KN7000
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI Dave,
Welcome to the Technics Forum as a full fledged member sporting a new Kn7000.
We can teach you all about the KN7000 if you will teach us everything you know about being a working musician and I personally believe you know just about everything there is to know about "playing out".
I have been reading and enjoying your posts on the GA forum for a long long time, as well as your pictures, website, and music. You are always spot on.
Again, I say welcome and lets hear from you.........OFTEN
Best to you

------------------
BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

#45213 - 01/05/04 11:00 AM Re: Big Welcome to Uncle Dave to the Technics Forum with his KN7000
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Thanx ! You can bet that we'll all get SOMETHING out of my new adventure ..... even if it's only "eyesore" from reading so many posts about tips and tricks !
I
m trying to remain objective. I've decided that I won't hold the harmonier up to the spotlight, because I knew comming into the deal that it was substandard for my needs. The 2 sets of inputs will more than make up for the versitility I need with external mixer and harmonizer, and the mic input works great for my guitar. So far ..... so good. Now .... these drums sounds .. hmmmmm

#45214 - 01/05/04 11:25 AM Re: Big Welcome to Uncle Dave to the Technics Forum with his KN7000
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
WOW !!! ..... I stay off-line for a couple of days and come back to Uncle Dave being a 'techie' !?!?! .... Life's surprises NEVER end ...
.. best of luck UD ....
t.

#45215 - 01/05/04 03:39 PM Re: Big Welcome to Uncle Dave to the Technics Forum with his KN7000
Uncle Dave Offline

to everything ...
Turn
turn
turn......

#45216 - 01/06/04 03:21 AM Re: Big Welcome to Uncle Dave to the Technics Forum with his KN7000
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
The 2 sets of inputs will more than make up for the versitility I need with external mixer and harmonizer, and the mic input works great for my guitar. So far ..... so good. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Uncle Dave, A KN7, wow, nice. I sit ready to give the support you may need, so just ask.

Bebop said you were going to add to this forum, that you have a great deal of pro knowledge. Well, he was right, you have already added. I have the KN7 almost a year. I use an external mixer and a volcalizer, and yes I do play a lot of guitar---Putting the guitar into the mic imput,Wow,Wow
The outputs of my volz. into the KN7 imput, again Wow, Wow.I thought I had all basses covered.
I hold a little pride of my knowledge and ability to use a keyboard in a professional inviorment, but you just humbled me. Wow, good.
Again the old saying,
"You're never to old to learn".

Yhanks, U D, John C.

#45217 - 01/06/04 04:19 AM Re: Big Welcome to Uncle Dave to the Technics Forum with his KN7000
Uncle Dave Offline

I learned long ago that i just LOVE having the whole mix comming at me from the kb speakers, and the kn series has the best sound system I ever hear. ( I understand that the Genesys is good too, but it's huge, and I never saw one).

The nice thing about this design is that your basic sound needs are ALWAYS the same. All you need to do is make it louder or softer - depending on the situation. Everything you hear through the kb is pumped out to the audience through another system. Sweet, huh?

#45218 - 01/06/04 08:20 PM Re: Big Welcome to Uncle Dave to the Technics Forum with his KN7000
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Uncle Dave, I do have some questions.

For my guitar:
1-Plug into the mic imput.
2-I have reverb and effects
I have the tone controlls on the guitar turned to wide open, but---the sound is ok for a solo, but the chords sound distorted.It sounds so different in a guitar amp. Is there an external unit to create a better guitar sound when pluged into the keyboard or a PA system?

For my voice--And this has been a problem for me.
1-Mic into volz.
2-Volz. into Mackie
3-Mackie to keyboard

I use the 2 outputs on the mixer for right and left speakers. I need an output to go from the mixer to go to the keyboard. If I use Send, I lose the reverb. If I use the keyboard reverb, there is a lot of additional noise.

Any thoughts, John C.

#45219 - 01/07/04 08:41 PM Re: Big Welcome to Uncle Dave to the Technics Forum with his KN7000
Uncle Dave Offline

John,
The Mackie mixers have an alt send that can be used as a separate mix. What model are you using? I can help you better if I know specifics.
The guitar sound can be improved with proper gain structure.... balance out the volumes, and if that still isn't enough .... maybe a limiter is needed to squash the signal from overloading the mic input. I don't play lead too often, so I just strum the rhythm at a reasonable volume and it seems OK.

I'm going to star a new topic with some particular questions I have as well ....
Good luck !

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online