SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#451317 - 04/30/18 02:54 PM roland ba330
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
Is anybody using on of these for small gigs.

MEL

#451325 - 04/30/18 05:16 PM Re: roland ba330 [Re: organgrinder]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Check with Fran...he’s the man!

#451341 - 05/01/18 06:42 AM Re: roland ba330 [Re: organgrinder]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I've used it in the past. It's got great sound, and adequate tone, and effects, but lacks the bass punch I needed for dance beats. It's a great low-medium volume, or background workhorse. Vocals sound great, it's true stereo in a single box, and very lightweight.

#451345 - 05/01/18 07:02 AM Re: roland ba330 [Re: organgrinder]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I had one and agree with UD. Works with battery too. Kinda wish I kept for those very low volume events. I also have a Roland S.A. 300 which I prefer.

https://reverb.com/item/5387042-closing-sale-roland-sa-300-350-watt-stereo-pa-system

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#451346 - 05/01/18 07:25 AM Re: roland ba330 [Re: organgrinder]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Based on Fran's glowing reports, I tried the BA330. It really didn't cut it for me. It is very low RMS power, horrible falloff, and as UD said, lacks bass. At best, I would consider it a practice amp. It may be suitable for small NH jobs or living room parties, but if I were shopping for an amp, for pro use, I would strongly consider the Bose L1 Compact, or a pair of them. For home use, any of the Logitech Z 5.1 systems are fantastic at a fraction of the cost.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#451347 - 05/01/18 07:46 AM Re: roland ba330 [Re: organgrinder]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I would not hesitate buying another BA330.. with 4 - 6 1/2" speakers and two tweeters... it has the punch, especially when used with a full range mixer..

That being said.. I recently purchased an Marantz Professional Voice Rover...that gave me more features..

The following is my report, I posted a month ago..

A friend "needed" my Podium Pro Audio PP1205A.... it is the best 12" power speaker I owned.

It could be used with a mixer and pushed hard never dropping out, and the best bottom of any
12" speaker.. After I surrendered it I tried to replace it... none could be found.

I have a Podium 802 to use but not in the same category as the 1205...

So I began a quest for a small sound system.. I wanted a battery powered option and on board effects.

And enough punch with bass to handle 100 people.. Mic input was also needed..

Bose came out with the S1, and my interest peaked... I heard many negative comments about not
enough power, lack of bass etc.. Even the company said go for the Compact for more than 50 people..
I did not hear it live but it did sound good via Youtube..

My other consideration was replacement of my Roland BA330 that another friend "needed"..
The BA330 offered me everything I wanted and I already had a great experience..

I tried to find a clean used one to save some bucks, but no luck..

While in SamAsh Music I saw a Familiar name attached to an all in one b attery powered
speaker with media player, bluetooth, and wireless mic.. Marantz Professional voice rover..

It offered the media player, wireless mic, and bluetooth that was missing on the BA330 (stereo)..

It also offered the wireless mic, and media player missing on the Bose S1..

After testing the Marantz.. I found the quality of the sound to my liking.. Not the harsh
sound usually found on the high output gear like Podium and even QSC k stuff..

My opinion the K series has clean clear crisp lound "harsh" sound..
I find the same situation with most of the Podium line too..

After a couple months I decided on the Marantz... been two days now and unlike complaints on youtube,
It has passed every test I tried.. There are a lot of dummies on youtube... DON'T except it as fact..
Wether it be Bose, Marantz , or any other, problem people on youtube..are not the answer.

What works for us individually is what counts..

So far I am more than pleased with my choice..
My test included bluetooth operation, media play, wireless mic use, playing keyboards..
With and without mixer..power handling when pushed.. bass response.. and routing..
Passed all with flying colors..

#451349 - 05/01/18 08:39 AM Re: roland ba330 [Re: organgrinder]
zuki Offline

Running non stereo for keyboards is questionable......Get a couple of great light weight powered speakers and put them on one dual pole mount - works in every room with great stereo sound. I have my heavy K10s up high and they sounds terrific!

https://www.google.com/search?q=dual+pol...366&bih=637

I have the 902B and just ordered the LD System one to stretch it out a bit more....

Edited by zuki (05/01/18 08:55 AM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#451434 - 05/02/18 11:01 AM Re: roland ba330 [Re: organgrinder]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
The BA330 was a big dissapointment to me. I was excited about the mixer, speaker setup, stereo link, and size and weight. Paid a lot for one to test and then I hoped to get two for a stereo setup.
Unpacked it on my back patio, took it down to my studio, played with it for a short time, took it back out to the patio, repacked it and called Sweetwater for a return. No power for any live work. Nice practice amp or gig amp for Acoustic guitar/vocalist busker.
I was really hoping Roland would offer an option and put a real amp in there with some guts and then they would have a big seller. Never happened.

#451435 - 05/02/18 11:26 AM Re: roland ba330 [Re: organgrinder]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You know the difference between a snowman and a snow-woman? Snow Balls.
That was my impression of the B330. Only tried it in my office and still didn't like it.

#451444 - 05/02/18 01:25 PM Re: roland ba330 [Re: DonM]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I keep one on hand. Have used it for PA for car shows, trade shows, all over the country club I work. Summers, I play 45 min in the bar or dining room and 1/2 hour either on a patio, a separate room, etc. It's keys in the main room and the little Roland with guitar other locations. I also use it(two, actually) to power video monitors at trade shows.

Not perfect, but pretty versatile and reliable. Some nights, with short visits to anniversary parties/birthdays in other rooms, I'm in 5 locations.

My main unit is a digital piano, with booster amplifier and a mixer. It rolls between rooms and has two 12's and a 200 watt amp.6 channels, so I can use it for an additional keyboard, guitars, vocals for two, if needed, etc. Sometimes, I line out of the piano into the Roland for spread and for use as a monitor.

FUN, FUN. FUN.

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (05/02/18 01:27 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online