SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#452608 - 05/26/18 06:30 AM Re: Just a recent video of Russian popular music [Re: Kabinopus]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Now for variety I’d like to show you an example of Russian rock music.
But I must say that the first song I posted was the least “poppy” example of pop music, and this one is the least “rocky" of rock music. Now, with an orchestral arrangement, technically I can’t define a genre. Perhaps, it’s a “song” genre.

#452891 - 05/31/18 10:04 AM Re: Just a recent video of Russian popular music [Re: Kabinopus]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Most of the 2nd piece used pretty universal changes. A really big production for that kind of tune. Don't know the lyrics, and lyrics make the tune in some cases.

Really like the first piece better, but both are really appreciated.

You, too are appreciated for your thoughtful contributions, modesty and talent.

I'm really glad to have the chance to visit with you here.

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (05/31/18 10:04 AM)

#452935 - 06/01/18 07:52 AM Re: Just a recent video of Russian popular music [Re: Kabinopus]
zuki Offline

Thanks so much for sharing K smile Enjoyed so much!

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#453096 - 06/04/18 03:35 PM Re: Just a recent video of Russian popular music [Re: Kabinopus]
Kabinopus Offline

This favorable remark about my activity here is surely heartwarming, thank you for that. In the same time you as a professional yourself, I guess, would agree with me that when it comes to business, everyone can be judged quite in a direct way, and that’s okay, too.

So I try to keep some immune system which, theoretically, should make me indifferent to praise or criticism on an emotional level. Well, that sounds good, but in fact each living being is an emotional being, so I admit that each “I don’t care” I say is not entirely true smile .

As they say, people are social creatures by their nature, so, I guess, even with all best keyboards in the world, cars and other things, everyone will have to have some feedback from others, just as a confirmation that he exists and it is really happening to him.

As for the song, I agree with you that this one is quite simple. It isn’t my favorite song of this band, but I thought that this very disproportion between simplicity of the song and complexity of the performance was entertaining.

In general, I have an impression that Russian songs tend to use less chords than American, which may have to do something with the language.

In the same time, music has been globalised for ages, so there can be less difference than we believe we hear.

Personally I use a lot of country ballads styles for popular Russian songs and it works great. As for an authentically Russian music, like folk music, it really sounds alienated to most of present-day people here. smirk

I like that the first video hadn’t been spoiled by showing off too much. I mean, many of videos of our artists try very hard to look expensive, with some meaningless effects. Some are shot in the states, but is it really an achievement? grin

Well, I’ll post something else when I come up with something! Thank you for your attention! smile

#453119 - 06/05/18 09:48 AM Re: Just a recent video of Russian popular music [Re: Kabinopus]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I can tell you that the people who responded favorably to your posts really know what they're talking about. As for me, Google

RCL solo guitar.

If you like it, it's me. If you don't, I don't know who that crazy old man is (LOL)!

Most here will tell you I know what I'm talking about, and yours are thoughtful contributions that show sensitivity, talent and appreciation for good music and people from all over the world.

Be well, friend. Look forward from hearing from you.

Russ

#453141 - 06/05/18 01:43 PM Re: Just a recent video of Russian popular music [Re: Kabinopus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Everything Russ said. My daughter-in-law and 2 grandsons are in St. Petersburg as we speak (Scandinavian cruise). My grandson just sent me 180 pics (via Google Pics) and they are gorgeous. BTW, no surprise to me that the first video got our attention; quality has a way of doing that smile. Keep posting, a lot of us appreciate and enjoy it.

chas

#453303 - 06/08/18 01:00 PM Re: Just a recent video of Russian popular music [Re: Kabinopus]
Kabinopus Offline

Russ, I’m not sure that I’m googling you correctly, but I know that you are a serious musician from the examples that you shared earlier, it was a background theme for a promotional movie. You are, as Americans say, the real deal smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online