SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#450617 - 04/18/18 05:56 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
In retrospect I should have subscribed to the “Live and Let Live” way of thinking. I didn’t so with that said yes we are grown ups but no need to split hairs with such a precise definition of TOTL keyboard TOTL arranger. It rubbed me the wrong way. I apologize to Shuey/Johnathan for bringing the thread south.

#450618 - 04/18/18 06:08 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Bachus:
"As it is, the Genos is the best overall sounding arranger available."

And again, that is your opinion.

#450627 - 04/18/18 08:07 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Since it was my post that inadvertently started this thread going off kilter.... let me throw in my 2 cents' worth.

1- Johnathan bought a new Genos arranger
2- I said "Have fun with the TOTL Yamaha"

Had I posted the above on some other forum which focuses on non-arranger keyboards, like Pianoworld.com for example, then I might have been remiss to not clarify that the Yamaha Genos is an arranger.

The name of this forum is the General ARRANGER Keyboard Forum.

Johnathan did purchase an arranger. All the posts prior to mine were referring to Genos as an arranger. I rest my case and apologize to Johnathan for the apparent mixup.

Congratulations (again) Johnathan on the new hi-tech instrument. Enjoy the TOTL Yamaha!

Edited by saxxman (04/18/18 08:11 AM)

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#450633 - 04/18/18 10:48 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Hey...

I never took offense to anything. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. TOTL means different things to different people. Everyone is after their own “perfect” keyboard... and we should all know by now, it’s just a carrot and a string on a pole. For 15 years, I have been happy with my Motif ES for my own arranging.

The arranger keyboard is a very perfect performance keyboard for a music duo. I have been searching for awhile for a great fit. Pa4X was close. Genos is up next.

It’s funny, I like to arrange my music. I don’t use the styles like others do. I pride myself in arranging our own music accompaniment for my wife and I to sing to. Genos is up next. Maybe a Pa5X or a Genos 2 in my future? That’s the fun part, exploring your options against your current music needs.

I bought a Genos... this time... but there is always room for the next one!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#450636 - 04/18/18 10:53 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: Bernie9]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Bachus:
"As it is, the Genos is the best overall sounding arranger available."

And again, that is your opinion.

That definately is “ my opinion “
When it comes to sound, everyone indeed has their own preferences...

Fact is, i do agree with that statement.. but the statement itselves is no fact...
Point i am trying to make as allways, you can be critical witouth bashing a product...
Every TOTL arranger has something to offer..

The Ketron still has the best sounding styles..
The Yamaha has the best overall sound quallity, because of the single instruments sounds.
The korg has most depth (editing and controll) and also sounds really good..
Feature and interface wise, i love the Casio MZ-x500 but soundquallity is undewhelming compared to the other 3..
Roland EA-7 sounds very much like the G70..

None of them are facts, all of them are my opinions.;
For each of them, i could explain you what made me come to that opinion..

Still i dont see naything wrong with stating my opinion...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#450641 - 04/18/18 12:44 PM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: Bachus]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Bachus

........ Still i dont see naything wrong with stating my opinion...

Neither do I, because isn't it what we all does?
Express our own opinions and meanings, or ask for the same and also advice from other members?
Keep 'em coming. wink
rocker
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#450642 - 04/18/18 01:37 PM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Nothing wrong with stating an opinion......right up to the point where that opinion is stated as FACT. There is a bit of a difference in "Ketron has the best sounding styles" and "Of all the arrangers, I like Ketron styles best" (emphasis on "I"). But hey, this is just my opinion smile.

chas

#450651 - 04/18/18 09:22 PM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: cgiles]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Nothing wrong with stating an opinion......right up to the point where that opinion is stated as FACT. There is a bit of a difference in "Ketron has the best sounding styles" and "Of all the arrangers, I like Ketron styles best" (emphasis on "I"). But hey, this is just my opinion smile.

chas

Sure... that is a fact..
But there is also the fact that you can read things in 2 ways...
If i say Ketron has the best styles... then we both know its an opinion...
If i say Korg has the fastest processor inside.... then we both know its a fact....
Because we are all wise enough by now to know so,e things are allways a matter of taste and preference

Keep in mind that many like me are still non native english speakers
Its kind of nonsense to argue on gramar details like this
As both you and me and everyone else knows its just an opinion.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#450652 - 04/19/18 03:40 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: Bachus]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
My opinion:
I feel that Bachus is not the norm. After reading his posts I am left with – this man has a great deal of knowledge in so many areas. No matter what the subject might be his posts go beyond/deeper. I imagine Bachus lives with being challenged, people do not like a smarty, it makes them feel uncomfortable/challenged. And that is normal too.
Without a Gary, Don, Donny, and Mr. Bachus this place would lose a lot. Guys it’s all good; it’ s what makes this place a success. Is Bachus always right? No, nobody is. Well--- maybe me. ha ha ha

So is the Genos the best arranger keyboard? The answer to this question is dependent on the individual – and that is called opinion.

IMHO, John C.

#450656 - 04/19/18 06:01 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: bruno123]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Well Said John !!!! +1

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online