SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#450558 - 04/16/18 05:18 PM I am officially a new Genos owner!!
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
I ordered a C-Stock Genos from Frank late Monday (4/9/18)
Paid my bill early Tuesday (4/10/18)
- Sold my Pa4X and I had a donation from my Mother-In-Law (She loves me)
Received it in one day by 3PM (4/11/18)

v1.2 was the starting OS... I had issues playing back my church MP3s...
So, I quickly downloaded v1.3 and updated the Genos.OH NO!! No time to check so I packed it into an older Levy’s case and had to hit the road for my church rehearsal.

The MP3s worked!! And the mono situation at church sounded fine.

Saturday, I had a gig. Again, I just played my tracks from the Genos and played the piano on the top. When prepping, I had an intermittent issue with the R output. Changed cables and still had the issue. So, I used the DIGITAL out! No issues except the main volume knob only controls the analog outputs. But it wasn’t an issue.

So far... so good. I’ve had time to go through the sounds... love the Revo Drums. Love the 76 Keys for piano sounds. Touch screen is bigger than I imagined. More updates later!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#450560 - 04/16/18 05:29 PM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Congrats Johnathan!

Looking forward to your progress updates.

jingleman

#450563 - 04/16/18 05:57 PM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Congratulations, enjoy your new keyboard.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#450564 - 04/16/18 06:24 PM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
Dnj Offline

Congratulations keep us posted..

#450565 - 04/16/18 07:17 PM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
zuki Offline

Great news and hope you have as much fun as I'm having smile

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#450572 - 04/16/18 11:39 PM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: zuki]
Bachus Offline

Congratulations...

Its an increedible instrument..
But so is the pa4x...

May i ask what made you decision?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#450574 - 04/17/18 04:00 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Congrats

#450576 - 04/17/18 04:18 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Great sounding keyboard for sure! Enjoy!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#450577 - 04/17/18 04:25 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
CONGRATS, Johnathan! Enjoy that new baby!

#450580 - 04/17/18 04:49 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
+1
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#450583 - 04/17/18 05:28 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: Bachus]
shueymusic Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Congratulations...

Its an increedible instrument..
But so is the pa4x...

May i ask what made you decision?

Tha Pa4X IS an incredible instrument as well. Build quality with the aluminum body... balanced outputs... small form factor... WAVES MAXX Audio... great sounds... TC Helicon... and the list goes on.

I have been using a Yamaha since 2003 to sequence and arrange tracks for gigs and church. The overall sound quality of the instrument (Genos) is great! Since I will be using tracks for performing, the Genos can playback as both MP3 and WAV files. I can take mixdowns from my Logic Pro X projects and play them back as WAV files from the Genos with that 32 bit DAC! To me, the sounds work really well with each other... so sequencing them into a MIDI arrangements will sound great!

The Pa4X-61 was my portable performance board... 30 lbs. The Genos gives me a 29 lbs keyboard and a 76 note keybed... which I missed.

As we all know, there will always be the next “gotta have it” piece of gear. For me at this time, this was mine. In 2003, the “gotta have it” keyboard was the Motif ES. I still use and own two because it still does it’s job. Built to last... 15 years later it still has the most efficient MIDI sequencer to get quick, high quality tracks finished.

So, my current musical relationship is with the Genos. I value my past relationships... they made me who I am today!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#450584 - 04/17/18 07:01 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Congrats on the new hi-tech instrument Johnathan. I know you will love the Genos! Yamaha and Korg are both terrific brands. Enjoy the TOTL Yamaha!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#450598 - 04/17/18 11:37 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: saxxman]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By saxxman
Congrats on the new hi-tech instrument Johnathan. I know you will love the Genos! Yamaha and Korg are both terrific brands. Enjoy the TOTL Yamaha!

Its far from the TOTL instrument, Sure its the TOTL arranger...

But the real TOTL Yamaha instrument would combine all the features of Genos, Montage, CP4 and the Motif including expansion boards (VL and AN)

But as a true arranger it really rocks...

#450601 - 04/17/18 04:03 PM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
Stephenm52 Offline

Bachus,

We are lucky to have you here at the forum you're such an educated fella and well versed when it comes to keyboards. Thank you for making that clarification on the distinction between the 2 instruments I wasn't aware of the difference but hey what do I know I'm just another "Bozo on the Bus."

#450609 - 04/17/18 09:01 PM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: Stephenm52]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Bachus,

We are lucky to have you here at the forum you're such an educated fella and well versed when it comes to keyboards. Thank you for making that clarification on the distinction between the 2 instruments I wasn't aware of the difference but hey what do I know I'm just another "Bozo on the Bus."

Sorry if i offended you.. i hear a lot of sarcasme in your reaction.

But some people are in the market for a TOTL instrument, yet companies like Yamaha don’t think there is a market for them and prefer to sell people that wan differeent things 2 or more instruments..

Why didn’t the philosophy of apple make it into the keyboard buiseness, one instrument that can do all and everything to perfection? Point is i have been hoping for a real TOTL instrument for over a decade now... and none have been created.. and thats the reason behind my somewhat sour reactions..

To get all the things i want, i have a setup of 2 keyboards, 2 modules and a mac.. all i want is all of these tools in a single 88 keyboard. Is that to much to expect from a TOTL instrument.

Keep in mind tough, that i never called any of todays instruments, be it Genos, pa4x or ketron, kronos, montage, bad instruments. They are all great keys, just not that one be all TOTL instrument. And yes i know this sounds like a spoiled 7 year old kid dreaming about the perfect toy. So be it.

#450611 - 04/18/18 03:14 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
Stephenm52 Offline

Bachus,

Thank you for the reply I accept the apology. In my opinion, you may have offended more than one SZ member.

#450613 - 04/18/18 04:48 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: Bachus]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

... Its far from the TOTL instrument.....

Really??
TOTL = Top Of The Line, and Genos is not only a instrument, but simulate quite a lot of instruments as well.
In my opinion, Genos is both a TOTL instrument and a TOTL arranger. wink
keys

Btw,
I'm not offended by your posts at all.
I know very well how easy it is to be misunderstood. Specially when I don't write at my native language......

#450614 - 04/18/18 04:53 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I think most people interpret TOTL to mean 'of the instruments CURRENTLY AVAILABLE'. As for what constitutes a future TOTL instrument, I'm sure everyone has their own idea of what that would be. JMO.

chas

#450615 - 04/18/18 05:25 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: cgiles]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
I think most people interpret TOTL to mean 'of the instruments CURRENTLY AVAILABLE'. As for what constitutes a future TOTL instrument, I'm sure everyone has their own idea of what that would be. JMO.

chas

In that case, the TOTL Yamaha instrument would the Montage...
With the Genos being the TOTL arranger..

#450616 - 04/18/18 05:28 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: Stephenm52]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Bachus,

Thank you for the reply I accept the apology. In my opinion, you may have offended more than one SZ member.

Really? Why? For stating my opinion?

We are all grown ups aren’t we?

I appologized for offending you, because i obviously didn’t mean to..
But i still have no clue how an opinion can offend people

If there is a TOTL keyboard instrument from Yamaha it is the Montage
The Genos is a TOTL arranger..

As it is, the Genos is the best overall sounding arranger available.

Edited by Bachus (04/18/18 05:41 AM)

#450617 - 04/18/18 05:56 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
Stephenm52 Offline

In retrospect I should have subscribed to the “Live and Let Live” way of thinking. I didn’t so with that said yes we are grown ups but no need to split hairs with such a precise definition of TOTL keyboard TOTL arranger. It rubbed me the wrong way. I apologize to Shuey/Johnathan for bringing the thread south.

#450618 - 04/18/18 06:08 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Bachus:
"As it is, the Genos is the best overall sounding arranger available."

And again, that is your opinion.

#450627 - 04/18/18 08:07 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Since it was my post that inadvertently started this thread going off kilter.... let me throw in my 2 cents' worth.

1- Johnathan bought a new Genos arranger
2- I said "Have fun with the TOTL Yamaha"

Had I posted the above on some other forum which focuses on non-arranger keyboards, like Pianoworld.com for example, then I might have been remiss to not clarify that the Yamaha Genos is an arranger.

The name of this forum is the General ARRANGER Keyboard Forum.

Johnathan did purchase an arranger. All the posts prior to mine were referring to Genos as an arranger. I rest my case and apologize to Johnathan for the apparent mixup.

Congratulations (again) Johnathan on the new hi-tech instrument. Enjoy the TOTL Yamaha!

Edited by saxxman (04/18/18 08:11 AM)

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#450633 - 04/18/18 10:48 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
shueymusic Offline

Hey...

I never took offense to anything. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. TOTL means different things to different people. Everyone is after their own “perfect” keyboard... and we should all know by now, it’s just a carrot and a string on a pole. For 15 years, I have been happy with my Motif ES for my own arranging.

The arranger keyboard is a very perfect performance keyboard for a music duo. I have been searching for awhile for a great fit. Pa4X was close. Genos is up next.

It’s funny, I like to arrange my music. I don’t use the styles like others do. I pride myself in arranging our own music accompaniment for my wife and I to sing to. Genos is up next. Maybe a Pa5X or a Genos 2 in my future? That’s the fun part, exploring your options against your current music needs.

I bought a Genos... this time... but there is always room for the next one!!

#450636 - 04/18/18 10:53 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: Bernie9]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Bachus:
"As it is, the Genos is the best overall sounding arranger available."

And again, that is your opinion.

That definately is “ my opinion “
When it comes to sound, everyone indeed has their own preferences...

Fact is, i do agree with that statement.. but the statement itselves is no fact...
Point i am trying to make as allways, you can be critical witouth bashing a product...
Every TOTL arranger has something to offer..

The Ketron still has the best sounding styles..
The Yamaha has the best overall sound quallity, because of the single instruments sounds.
The korg has most depth (editing and controll) and also sounds really good..
Feature and interface wise, i love the Casio MZ-x500 but soundquallity is undewhelming compared to the other 3..
Roland EA-7 sounds very much like the G70..

None of them are facts, all of them are my opinions.;
For each of them, i could explain you what made me come to that opinion..

Still i dont see naything wrong with stating my opinion...

#450641 - 04/18/18 12:44 PM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: Bachus]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

........ Still i dont see naything wrong with stating my opinion...

Neither do I, because isn't it what we all does?
Express our own opinions and meanings, or ask for the same and also advice from other members?
Keep 'em coming. wink
rocker

#450642 - 04/18/18 01:37 PM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Nothing wrong with stating an opinion......right up to the point where that opinion is stated as FACT. There is a bit of a difference in "Ketron has the best sounding styles" and "Of all the arrangers, I like Ketron styles best" (emphasis on "I"). But hey, this is just my opinion smile.

chas

#450651 - 04/18/18 09:22 PM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: cgiles]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Nothing wrong with stating an opinion......right up to the point where that opinion is stated as FACT. There is a bit of a difference in "Ketron has the best sounding styles" and "Of all the arrangers, I like Ketron styles best" (emphasis on "I"). But hey, this is just my opinion smile.

chas

Sure... that is a fact..
But there is also the fact that you can read things in 2 ways...
If i say Ketron has the best styles... then we both know its an opinion...
If i say Korg has the fastest processor inside.... then we both know its a fact....
Because we are all wise enough by now to know so,e things are allways a matter of taste and preference

Keep in mind that many like me are still non native english speakers
Its kind of nonsense to argue on gramar details like this
As both you and me and everyone else knows its just an opinion.

#450652 - 04/19/18 03:40 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: Bachus]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
My opinion:
I feel that Bachus is not the norm. After reading his posts I am left with – this man has a great deal of knowledge in so many areas. No matter what the subject might be his posts go beyond/deeper. I imagine Bachus lives with being challenged, people do not like a smarty, it makes them feel uncomfortable/challenged. And that is normal too.
Without a Gary, Don, Donny, and Mr. Bachus this place would lose a lot. Guys it’s all good; it’ s what makes this place a success. Is Bachus always right? No, nobody is. Well--- maybe me. ha ha ha

So is the Genos the best arranger keyboard? The answer to this question is dependent on the individual – and that is called opinion.

IMHO, John C.

#450656 - 04/19/18 06:01 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: bruno123]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Well Said John !!!! +1

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#450659 - 04/19/18 09:42 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
If ai say that grown men act like crying little brats. That could be taken as something that could offend someone. But, to say something about some stupid keyboard which is just bunch of plastic and wires, and that offends someone... Man, you gotta change you see life. It’s not just barbie dolls playing with penisless Ken 😀😀.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#450662 - 04/19/18 11:54 AM Re: I am officially a new Genos owner!! [Re: shueymusic]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I am not too sure that it is we that should change our outlook. Be it right or wrong, their keyboard is an extension of themselves. hence a personal affront.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online