SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#450637 - 04/18/18 10:58 AM Re: 4X VH [Re: zuki]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I remember some years ago, playing at a party in Breax Bridge, LA. Doing a swing song and a really large lady was dancing with a man. I was set up right next to the dance floor on the same level, no bandstand.
This lady had a REALLY big back side! With each "swing" it was getting closer and closer to my keyboard. Finally she swung backwards within an inch of my setup, and I just STOPPED the music, and announced, "Let's have some fun; everybody change partners!" It worked as she moved away and found another victim. smile
There have been other close calls, including a time where I packed up and left a place when the SECOND fight broke out on the dance floor. Too close for comfort there. The owner followed me to the parking lot and asked why I was leaving early and I told him my equipment was worth way more than he was paying me. Bless his little heart, he paid me anyway!

#450639 - 04/18/18 11:57 AM Re: 4X VH [Re: DonM]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I use a quiklok Z stand. No balance issues side to side or front to back like some X stands. Fold up top arms and bottom legs and transport like a big H. Not a problem loading in back of suv on top of other equipment.

#450643 - 04/18/18 01:47 PM Re: 4X VH [Re: zuki]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By zuki

I learned the hard way. Never stray too far away from equipment after setup. I was taking a leak one time and heard a loud bang. Yes, a motorized wheelchair mowed over my equipment and knocked everything to the floor. I was using the PSR 3000 (just started) at the time and it cracked the corner casing. The guy was fine, but not my equipment.

I worry about my QSCs on a dual pole mount. Now that could cause real damage to a person! So, I always stay with my gear. As far as someone leaning on the keys - yikes, but at least the 61 seems secure on the Apex.

Hmmm, interesting post. Funny how an innocent post can tell you a lot about a person. Probably without realizing it, you clearly showed that you were more concerned about the welfare of the people than about the equipment. I applaud that....a lot. Empathy seems to be a rare commodity these days. Good show.

chas

#450650 - 04/18/18 07:57 PM Re: 4X VH [Re: zuki]
zuki Offline

I was thinking more on the lines of 'liability' smile Thx for the nice compliment Chas.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#450654 - 04/19/18 04:31 AM Re: 4X VH [Re: zuki]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Zuki please, let me hold on to my good image of you smile smile smile. Hey, in a bar full of drunks, you worry about the equipment; in a nursing home, you worry about the people......and make sure you've got good insurance smile smile.

chas

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online