SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#449571 - 03/30/18 01:32 AM A realistic Genos review
Bachus Offline

Translated for you from German..

http://keyszone.boards.net/thread/610/realistic-genos-review

It points out all the strengths, but also seems to agree that some things are to basic..and could need some improvement... making the Genos a 4,5 star, where the Tyros 5 was rated with 5 stars several years ago. (Offcourse this does not mean the T5 is a better key)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#449572 - 03/30/18 02:07 AM Re: A realistic Genos review [Re: Bachus]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Tnx for the link Bachus.
Good review.

Direct link and when use Gooogle translate it does a fairly good job. smile
https://www.bonedo.de/artikel/einzelansicht/yamaha-genos-test.html
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#449604 - 03/30/18 01:59 PM Re: A realistic Genos review [Re: Bachus]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Hopefully through OS updates... some of those basic functions can be turned into a deeper way to edit and record.
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#449641 - 03/31/18 11:06 AM Re: A realistic Genos review [Re: shueymusic]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Nice review.

I’ve had my Genos about two months now; playing daily. I’ve gigged twice with it using Bose S1(x2). I have five or six gigs coming up in April.

I’m happy but there is much to learn.

#449645 - 03/31/18 11:13 AM Re: A realistic Genos review [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
Nice review.

I’m happy but there is much to learn.

Good luck with the genos I hope your digging into it deeply to get what it is designed to give back to the player, it would be a shame not to utilize all the great features the genos has to offer vs just an OTOB factory setup, make it YOUR OWN. After all that's why you bought it correct?..Homework has to be done first ...but in the end great thing can be possible. Keep us posted on your progress and Good luck out there! keys

#449652 - 03/31/18 12:14 PM Re: A realistic Genos review [Re: shueymusic]
guitpic1 Offline

Originally Posted By shueymusic
Hopefully through OS updates... some of those basic functions can be turned into a deeper way to edit and record.

For those that want deeper editing, the PA4X is good....all you gotta do is study up on LFO’s, Oscillators and the like. Been there, tried that.

IMHO the PA4X could reproduce whatever sounds you wanted. However, after a few attempts at editing, I realized that starting this at age 68....well, I’d probably be 100 or so by the time I figured out how to do what I wanted to do.

In my case, I use my Genos for gigging and home enjoyment. I’d rather spend my time learning new songs and arranging those songs...this is where Genos shines.

#449653 - 03/31/18 12:23 PM Re: A realistic Genos review [Re: guitpic1]
guitpic1 Offline

Donny,

If there was ever a keyboard that I could make my own...Genos is it. It’s like two keyboards in one.

All the functions I need I can assign to whatever I want; be it a button, slider or the touch screen. The Genos IS SO EASY to customize to my needs.

To my way of thinking Yamaha was pretty ingenious with Genos. Don’t want to depend totally on the touch screen? Assign functions to buttons, sliders or whatever. Really into the touchscreen? Then assign functions there. Or do some of both.

My wife doesn’t believe me when I say this, but Genos, to me, is that keyboard I can grow with and make it into whatever arranger I need.

Edited by guitpic1 (03/31/18 12:25 PM)

#449655 - 03/31/18 01:07 PM Re: A realistic Genos review [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
Donny,

If there was ever a keyboard that I could make my own...Genos is it. It’s like two keyboards in one.

All the functions I need I can assign to whatever I want; be it a button, slider or the touch screen. The Genos IS SO EASY to customize to my needs.

To my way of thinking Yamaha was pretty ingenious with Genos. Don’t want to depend totally on the touch screen? Assign functions to buttons, sliders or whatever. Really into the touchscreen? Then assign functions there. Or do some of both.

My wife doesn’t believe me when I say this, but Genos, to me, is that keyboard I can grow with and make it into whatever arranger I need.

I'll go with your wife's thoughts for sure, genos2 & pa5x & more on their way,.... coffee

#449661 - 03/31/18 04:43 PM Re: A realistic Genos review [Re: Bachus]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
And then the Genos 3 and the Pa6X...

We need to pick a time to jump in with both feet into the “river of technology!” The current is only flowing faster and faster. Please jump in and have fun before the current gets too strong!

Now, there is believing the hype, marketing, and web saturation. The recent hype has been the Genos. Next will be the Pa5X.

Make music on your own terms and ENJOY!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#449662 - 03/31/18 05:33 PM Re: A realistic Genos review [Re: shueymusic]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By shueymusic
And then the Genos 3 and the Pa6X...

We need to pick a time to jump in with both feet into the “river of technology!” The current is only flowing faster and faster. Please jump in and have fun before the current gets too strong!

Now, there is believing the hype, marketing, and web saturation. The recent hype has been the Genos. Next will be the Pa5X.

Make music on your own terms and ENJOY!!

I’ve been out a few times now with my Genos on gigs, I’ve never imagined that it would be right on par Pa4x for live play but it is. I enjoy both mostly using the Pa4x at home now and the Genos for gigs.

From my point of view at 66 I’m not waiting for anything who knows how long I’ll be on this earth. Yes I’m in great health but I have 3 close friends two my age, one in his 70s all have had major heart problems within the last year. My life long buddy who I went to first grade with has a motor in him to keep his heart beating he is on very borrowed time.

As Shuey says jump right in and have fun. This isn’t a dress rehearsal.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online