SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#449113 - 03/21/18 08:57 AM Re: Crumar sayee...I mean seven [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
The Seven has 9 synth engines, midi, USB , legs, case, pedal etc..

Have you priced a real new Rhodes with the same features?

Fran you ordered one of these Crumar units also?

Edited by Dnj (03/21/18 08:59 AM)

#449117 - 03/21/18 09:45 AM Re: Crumar sayee...I mean seven [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By cgiles
Dammit Fran, now I GOTTA have that board. Any idea what it costs?

chas

Chas ... I'd feel the same way if I didn't have a Korg SV-1 ... check it out!

#449120 - 03/21/18 10:12 AM Re: Crumar sayee...I mean seven [Re: Fran Carango]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
The Seven has 9 synth engines, midi, USB , legs, case, pedal etc..

Have you priced a real new Rhodes with the same features?

The DMC 122, with the Gemini engine has all of those.. and 8 more for a total of 17 engines including the best sounding B3 engine available...

https://www.sonora.nl/winkel/gs-i/gsi-dmc-122-kit/

Thats something to consider if you are truely interested in the sound..
or just the gemini module

Add any arranger module... and its golden.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#449122 - 03/21/18 10:25 AM Re: Crumar sayee...I mean seven [Re: Fran Carango]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Donny, you have an annoying habit of putting down anything you don't want for yourself....or didn't think of first, not to mention implying that people are stupid for not following YOUR 'far better' recommendations, ignoring completely the fact that THEY are the only ones who really know what they want....and WHY they want it. I think Fran laid out some pretty good reasons why SOME people might be attracted to this board. Maybe you should go back and re-read his posts...and mine. Unless YOU'RE paying for it, I think people like to make their own purchasing choices. Observations, recommendations (based on PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with the equipment), etc. are always welcome, but the TONE shouldn't be, 'any view other than mine is dumb'. Not trying to put you down and I think it's understandable if you've been in the business a long time, to think that you have a knowledge and experience edge over everyone else, but the truth is, everybody's wants and needs are different, and even if something doesn't seem to make economic sense, that may not matter or at best, is just a minor consideration, to the person buying the equipment.

Peace Buddy, believe me, I mean well.

chas

#449145 - 03/21/18 05:05 PM Re: Crumar sayee...I mean seven [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave

Chas ... I'd feel the same way if I didn't have a Korg SV-1 ... check it out!

Dave, I did check it out....when it first came out and again today after reading your post above. It's a great board, no doubt about it, but (for me) it's sort of like my Fantom G7; it does a lot and does it all very well, but.....it just doesn't 'light my fire' like the Seven did listening to that video. To me, the 'Rhodes' on that Seven is pure gold; a little more 'perfect' than a real Rhodes (which could give it away - but I'm guessing nobody would be complaining). The Korg may have the better acoustic piano but on the 'bell tone' sounds, I think I'd have to give the edge to the Seven. My main concern now is pairing it up with a PA system that will show it off to it's best advantage. I love my EV's (Sxa250's) but not sure they would be the best match; besides they're now hooked up to the KeyB. However, I have a Leslie 3300 (I kept it when I unloaded the C2D) so I may hook the KeyB to that and the Seven to the EV's. Wish I could audition it with different speakers. Oh well, so many people in this world with much bigger problems smile.

chas

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online