Originally Posted By Uncle Dave

Chas ... I'd feel the same way if I didn't have a Korg SV-1 ... check it out!

Dave, I did check it out....when it first came out and again today after reading your post above. It's a great board, no doubt about it, but (for me) it's sort of like my Fantom G7; it does a lot and does it all very well, but.....it just doesn't 'light my fire' like the Seven did listening to that video. To me, the 'Rhodes' on that Seven is pure gold; a little more 'perfect' than a real Rhodes (which could give it away - but I'm guessing nobody would be complaining). The Korg may have the better acoustic piano but on the 'bell tone' sounds, I think I'd have to give the edge to the Seven. My main concern now is pairing it up with a PA system that will show it off to it's best advantage. I love my EV's (Sxa250's) but not sure they would be the best match; besides they're now hooked up to the KeyB. However, I have a Leslie 3300 (I kept it when I unloaded the C2D) so I may hook the KeyB to that and the Seven to the EV's. Wish I could audition it with different speakers. Oh well, so many people in this world with much bigger problems smile.

chas