SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#448501 - 03/13/18 07:19 AM Re: Georgia on my mind [Re: brickboo]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By brickboo
Donnie, I wish you were out here a few years back when I was playing kinda of regular. At that time, I tried three different recorders and just couldn't get the balance or enough good sounding mics set up to sound good with the sax.If I set the mics for the high end the low end was weak. If I set the mic for the low end, the high end was weak. I had pros tell me that setting up to record Sax was one of the hardest instruments to record because every note did not go just through the bell like a trombone, trumpet and other wind instruments. Sound comes out everywhere on a Tenor sax because of it being longer than an alto may be a problem. I just do not know. So, I gave up/ I just recorded some things that were passable vocals while playing the arranger on a sony mini recorder that was a bit easier and sounded better, but man recording sax in my little office was almost funny. I just couldn't figure my 8 track Tascam Recorder out to do a good job. It was taking to much time and I rather practice at the time. Maybe 10 years ago.

Since my Son passed away in September 2014 of Esophageal Cancer, I just lost every ounce of my ambition to play anymore buddy.

Boo so sorry for your loss my deepest condolences,....
I understand your feelings. Good to read your posts always...
take care..

#448505 - 03/13/18 07:44 AM Re: Georgia on my mind [Re: Terrysutt]
zuki Offline

Boo,

Very sorry to hear about your son. I can understand how your joy went into hibernation. Only thing that heals is time and I wish you the very best.

Edited by zuki (03/13/18 07:44 AM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online