SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#448183 - 03/08/18 01:38 PM T.C. Helicon Perform VK--good news.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've had a T.C. Helicon Perform VK harmonizer/processor for some time now but never used it. I decided to try it with the S970.
Only thing the 3-switch foot pedal for it costs $70.
As you may know, I have real trouble letting go of things. Years ago I had a Digitech harmonizer, at least 10-15 years ago. I sold it but kept the 3-switch foot pedal for it. A trip to my archives in the garage and I brought it in, plugged it into the T.C. and it works perfectly!
I think I will like the VK. It is simple on the surface but really deep if you get into it. You can download apps for the P.C. and phone to add even more capabilities, effects, voices, etc. I probably won't get that far though.
In the meantime I also purchased a T.C.H. Harmony M from Allen, mainly just because they are hard to find. If I can't use it, I'll pass it along to somebody. DickieT has been looking for one...
I have bought and sold two previous Harmony M's. I have to quit hanging out with Bruno! smile

#448190 - 03/08/18 02:11 PM Re: T.C. Helicon Perform VK--good news. [Re: DonM]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By DonM
I've had a T.C. Helicon Perform VK harmonizer/processor for some time now but never used it. I decided to try it with the S970.
As you may know, I have real trouble letting go of things. Years ago I had a Digitech harmonizer, at least 10-15 years ago. I sold it but kept the 3-switch foot pedal for it. A trip to my archives in the garage and I brought it in, plugged it into the T.C. and it works perfectly!
I think I will like the VK. It is simple on the surface but really deep if you get into it. You can download apps for the P.C. and phone to add even more capabilities, effects, voices, etc. I probably won't get that far though.
In the meantime I also purchased a T.C.H. Harmony M from Allen, mainly just because they are hard to find. If I can't use it, I'll pass it along to somebody. DickieT has been looking for one...
I have bought and sold two previous Harmony M's. I have to quit hanging out with Bruno! smile

Hi Don,
I looked at the VK for easy set up etc.
However 50% of the reviews said that the app was unreliable frown
Apparently TC Helicon knows about it.
The harmonies are great, but to get other features you need to download the app
It probably works for you great without the app.
I still love my VoiceLive3. So many great features.
Good luck
Eric

#448192 - 03/08/18 02:51 PM Re: T.C. Helicon Perform VK--good news. [Re: Eric, B]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By Eric, B
Originally Posted By DonM

Hi Don,
I looked at the VK for easy set up etc.
However 50% of the reviews said that the app was unreliable frown
Apparently TC Helicon knows about it.
The harmonies are great, but to get other features you need to download the app
It probably works for you great without the app.
I still love my VoiceLive3. So many great features.
Good luck
Eric

I saw that, but it is fine like it is out of the box, after I adjusted volumes and effects a little. I like the size of it most of all! And it will look neat on my top rack because my little mixer, and laptop are the same color, white.
When I downloaded the manual, it said to be certain to update the O.S. before doing anything else, so maybe they fixed the app problem.
Thanks!

#448194 - 03/08/18 03:07 PM Re: T.C. Helicon Perform VK--good news. [Re: DonM]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Sounds like a perfect fit for you wink
Eric

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online