SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#447721 - 03/01/18 09:20 PM Re: Lets Talk About Using Band-In-a-Box 2018 [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Donny
I do. I update basic program nearly every year, don’t necessarily buy the extra’s. Got it a few weeks ago, but, hubby decide we needed a 4th /5th bedroom ,so we could sell the house. Been renovating and had little time to do anything.
Downsizing so having to sell stuff including 1 or 2 of my keyboards. Been a nightmare haha.
Actually nearly gave up the keyboards for band in a box a few years back, thought piano and biab might work, BUT, my piano playing is far worse than my keyboard playing. Haha
So keyboards won.

Edited by rikkisbears (03/01/18 09:55 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#447730 - 03/02/18 04:54 AM Re: Lets Talk About Using Band-In-a-Box 2018 [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Hi Donny
I do. I update basic program nearly every year, don’t necessarily buy the extra’s. Got it a few weeks ago, but, hubby decide we needed a 4th /5th bedroom ,so we could sell the house. Been renovating and had little time to do anything.
Downsizing so having to sell stuff including 1 or 2 of my keyboards. Been a nightmare haha.
Actually nearly gave up the keyboards for band in a box a few years back, thought piano and biab might work, BUT, my piano playing is far worse than my keyboard playing. Haha
So keyboards won.

Rikki I understand we all do what we must......but later on can always reconstruct our needs to be happy thanx

#447808 - 03/03/18 07:43 AM Re: Lets Talk About Using Band-In-a-Box 2018 [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Whats the best package to start out with? confused1
......a bit confusing with so many packages to choose from?

#447820 - 03/03/18 08:24 AM Re: Lets Talk About Using Band-In-a-Box 2018 [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
My 'brother in law' have used BIAB for years, updated every year and has all addons.
He simply loves it, and use it to 'compose' backingtracks for himself and others. (He is a pretty good singer).
The software is amazing, audiotracks and styles has grown to be really good stuff.
Myself, I have been fooling around a bit with it, but 'till now, I'm more pleased by sit down and play by the keys,
rather than write chords and do all at the PC before press play.... cool
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#447824 - 03/03/18 08:42 AM Re: Lets Talk About Using Band-In-a-Box 2018 [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
My 'brother in law' have used BIAB for years, updated every year and has all addons.
He simply loves it, and use it to 'compose' backingtracks for himself and others. (He is a pretty good singer).
The software is amazing, audiotracks and styles has grown to be really good stuff.
Myself, I have been fooling around a bit with it, but 'till now, I'm more pleased by sit down and play by the keys,
rather than write chords and do all at the PC before press play.... cool

I guess if your good enough a player to compare to BIAB tracks and can do the same with an arranger KB or multitrack all the parts for your backing tracks to play on top of or sing, etc, vs repetitive styles etc its a good thing and leaves you more creativeness to accomplish the project any way you desire yourself. It does offer alot for the money.

#447899 - 03/04/18 12:22 PM Re: Lets Talk About Using Band-In-a-Box 2018 [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Donny,
For starters you would need the first time purchase pack.
The difference between the audiophile and the ultra pakI believe is sound quality of the
audio tracks. I only have the ultra pack.
You might want to check it out, I think audiophile maybe wav files, ultra pack files are wma files.
I have 90 gigs in just the wma files.
I’m pretty sure the files used to be in wav, but they changed it a few years back when they got so big. At the beginning it was mainly drum tracks then over the years they added more and more instruments.

The mega pak and the pro pack don’t give you all the real tracks and midi super tracks.

If you did decide to go for something like the ultra pack maybe consider getting it shipped, they’re pretty huge downloads.
From memory if you choose ship, they give you the download as well.

Could be worth your while having a chat to them. They are very helpful. Haven’t actually spoken to them personally, just used the online chat function.

One thing, if you’re not sure about the program, double check the money back guarantee offer before you buy.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#447900 - 03/04/18 12:29 PM Re: Lets Talk About Using Band-In-a-Box 2018 [Re: Dnj]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
BIAB 2018 is kindof like having a Geno's vs an old psr2000. The sounds of real tracks and real drums are fantastic!! As to the learnig curve it is much like an arranger. There are many who get an arranger and turn it on and play the presets and nothing more and get a great deal of enjoyment from their keyboards. You can simply enter in the chord symbols and hit play and it sounds good. The program has many other features though. Like on TOL arranger you can add fills, breaks etc. You can change styles in the middle of the song. It has a score feature that will print out lead sheets.

The user base is huge and very active on the forum. Support from several programers of the program are regually on line, Peter Gannon (head guy at PG answers some of the more difficut questions personnally. The program allows users to create there own real tracks and several do and share them o line. Now this is where the learning curve gets steep! But if you never use any of the advanced features you will get your moneys worth just using the basics.

PG offers a 30 day money back guarentee and everyone that does business with these guys claim they are best company in the business to do business with.

#447901 - 03/04/18 12:30 PM Re: Lets Talk About Using Band-In-a-Box 2018 [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Thanx Rikki for the info,...the optional vocal Oohs/Ahs package add on is interesting also for VH backgrounds too..as an alternative to using just styles which are repetitive this BIAB program certainly can keep you busy creating and arranging songs to play, recording additional tracks with your keyboard also, and sing on top the way YOU want it to sound and beyond.

Edited by Dnj (03/04/18 12:38 PM)

#447904 - 03/04/18 12:42 PM Re: Lets Talk About Using Band-In-a-Box 2018 [Re: ekurburski]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By ekurburski
BIAB 2018 is kindof like having a Geno's vs an old psr2000. The sounds of real tracks and real drums are fantastic!! As to the learnig curve it is much like an arranger. There are many who get an arranger and turn it on and play the presets and nothing more and get a great deal of enjoyment from their keyboards. You can simply enter in the chord symbols and hit play and it sounds good. The program has many other features though. Like on TOL arranger you can add fills, breaks etc. You can change styles in the middle of the song. It has a score feature that will print out lead sheets.

The user base is huge and very active on the forum. Support from several programers of the program are regually on line, Peter Gannon (head guy at PG answers some of the more difficut questions personnally. The program allows users to create there own real tracks and several do and share them o line. Now this is where the learning curve gets steep! But if you never use any of the advanced features you will get your moneys worth just using the basics.

PG offers a 30 day money back guarentee and everyone that does business with these guys claim they are best company in the business to do business with.

Earl...Thanx so much for the great info,....I am on the fence at this point but ready to jump in the pool once I figure out what packages to buy for MY needs,.....are you using it with a KB or Guitar, or?? I also love the TC Helicon Vocal harmony plug in ..

Edited by Dnj (03/04/18 12:47 PM)

#447919 - 03/04/18 06:29 PM Re: Lets Talk About Using Band-In-a-Box 2018 [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Donny, have you tried the forum, there are a lot of knowledgeable users.
Or talk to pg direct, they are helpful. Explain your needs.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online