SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#447553 - 02/28/18 07:44 AM Lets Talk About Using Band-In-a-Box 2018
Dnj Offline

I have not ever used this New 2018 program but many many of my friends certainly do and love it in the studio & on stage also. It looks like a very interesting concept for sure to create music your own way & style to play along with. I'd love to hear about your experiences if your a user of this BIAB program and what you think about it going forward as its always updating too which is great.. Thoughts?

Thanx

Edited by Dnj (02/28/18 08:44 AM)

#447557 - 02/28/18 09:18 AM Re: Lets Talk About Using Band-In-a-Box 2018 [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

adding Vocals too nice feature..

#447564 - 02/28/18 09:57 AM Re: Lets Talk About Using Band-In-a-Box 2018 [Re: Dnj]
fozzie Offline

Hey!
I am a guitar and keyboard player, and have used Biab since Atari time. At that time the program was on a 720 kb floppydisc. Today, it's much more advanced with Real drums and Real Tracks. I love this program. Updates it every year (Audio file version). I use Biab in my studio to make backing tracks. You can modulate and mix with the Tracks how you want. There are no restrictions on what to do. Let the imagination flow.
You can sync Biab with your arranger keyboard. Enter the chords and let Biab play the style in the keyboard. Replace tracks in style and use real tracks from Biab. There are no limits on what to do. Great program that I can really recommend, but there is a lot to learn before you master this program.
Download and try before you buy, and see if this program is for you.

// Fozzie

#447566 - 02/28/18 09:58 AM Re: Lets Talk About Using Band-In-a-Box 2018 [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Donny, as I mentioned before...BIAB has matured into a useful production tool for song writing and production. It has also become a somewhat daunting task to master all of it’s capabilities.

I have 2017 and have yet to dive into it. I know you have more time being partially retired, so you may be up for the challenge.

If you do...keep us informed on your progress.

jingleman

#447567 - 02/28/18 10:02 AM Re: Lets Talk About Using Band-In-a-Box 2018 [Re: fozzie]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By fozzie
Hey!
I am a guitar and keyboard player, and have used Biab since Atari time. At that time the program was on a 720 kb floppydisc. Today, it's much more advanced with Real drums and Real Tracks. I love this program. Updates it every year (Audio file version). I use Biab in my studio to make backing tracks. You can modulate and mix with the Tracks how you want. There are no restrictions on what to do. Let the imagination flow.
You can sync Biab with your arranger keyboard. Enter the chords and let Biab play the style in the keyboard. Replace tracks in style and use real tracks from Biab. There are no limits on what to do. Great program that I can really recommend, but there is a lot to learn before you master this program.

// Fozzie

Fozzie thanx for the info it is something now that I have a bit more time was thinking of giving it a shot. The creative flexibility within BIAB certainly lends it self to the player who wants to
CREATE MUSIC it is really a bargain at only $769.00 for the FULL OMNI Pak.....take care

Edited by Dnj (02/28/18 10:10 AM)

#447568 - 02/28/18 10:05 AM Re: Lets Talk About Using Band-In-a-Box 2018 [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Donny, as I mentioned before...BIAB has matured into a useful production tool for song writing and production. It has also become a somewhat daunting task to master all of it’s capabilities.

I have 2017 and have yet to dive into it. I know you have more time being partially retired, so you may be up for the challenge.

If you do...keep us informed on your progress.

jingleman

Jingleman thank you, ....I hope I am not too old school when it comes to creating tracks...I'm more of a workstation multitracker sequencer per say BUT I am always willing to try new creative things regarding music....I hope you delve into BIAB much more or update to 2018 too and let us know your experiences..

#447570 - 02/28/18 11:00 AM Re: Lets Talk About Using Band-In-a-Box 2018 [Re: fozzie]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By fozzie
Hey!

// Fozzie

Hi Fozzie
.had mine since it came out too. It is amazing how the program has developed over the years.
Think the syncing with keyboard is a much overlooked function. Had a ball with it a few years back with my pa 800 and psr1500, had them both synced if I remember correctly.
Took a bit of working out, but worth it.

Personally I don’t use it a great deal nowadays, though I still keep it updated. Prefer playing my keyboards, BUT, if I was into creating backing tracks, I couldn’t think of a better way of doing it than with biab.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#447603 - 02/28/18 04:15 PM Re: Lets Talk About Using Band-In-a-Box 2018 [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

So there is a major learning curve with this program?... Is that due to all the things it can do?,..or is it just deep in content hopefully after a while you will get the hang of it somewhat?

#447605 - 02/28/18 04:31 PM Re: Lets Talk About Using Band-In-a-Box 2018 [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Donny, if I do dig in I’ll certainly share my experience. As Rikki stated...most of us are spoiled by the immediacy of creating ideas with workstations and arrangers.

That’s one of the drawbacks to BIAB. No real-time functionality.

jingleman

#447606 - 02/28/18 04:35 PM Re: Lets Talk About Using Band-In-a-Box 2018 [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Donny, if I do dig in I’ll certainly share my experience. As Rikki stated...most of us are spoiled by the immediacy of creating ideas with workstations and arrangers.

That’s one of the drawbacks to BIAB. No real-time functionality.

jingleman

Yes I understand that, .....Perfection does take time.. wink

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online