SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#447518 - 02/27/18 08:28 PM Just Tried out a Genos...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Well, kinda. I downloaded some converted Genos styles, loaded them into my S-950 and WOW! The sounded incredible, made me wish I was still able to go on stage, but alas, that's out of the question.

After hearing those converted styles in my S-950, I can't wait to hear Steve Molner's Genos when he passes through here in a couple months. Everyone that I know, personally, that has purchased a Genos, with a single exception, says it's the most incredible sounding arranger keyboard to ever be produced. I emailed those styles to a couple dozen individuals on my Email list, but if anyone else wants them, I will be more than happy to send them via Email. Just PM me an Email address.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#447523 - 02/27/18 09:42 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Well, kinda. I downloaded some converted Genos styles, loaded them into my S-950 and WOW! The sounded incredible, made me wish I was still able to go on stage, but alas, that's out of the question.

After hearing those converted styles in my S-950, I can't wait to hear Steve Molner's Genos when he passes through here in a couple months. Everyone that I know, personally, that has purchased a Genos, with a single exception, says it's the most incredible sounding arranger keyboard to ever be produced. I emailed those styles to a couple dozen individuals on my Email list, but if anyone else wants them, I will be more than happy to send them via Email. Just PM me an Email address.

Good luck,

Gary cool

Best sounding definitely true..

But also the most buggy one Yamaha has ever released..
The first patch just got released and removed many of them..
But still a few there..

My rule of thumb, waiting 6 months after release before buying a new keyboard definitely holds true for Yamaha too.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#447526 - 02/27/18 11:04 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
I guess the Genos is buggy....but so far I haven’t found anything I can’t do. It appears the bugs have more to do with some of the more exotic things folks want to do.

Also, it appears that some of the so called bugs are nothing more than operator error. Folks that owned a Tyros appear to be the ones struggling the most..that is if they are having trouble. The Genos is a very different keyboard for me than my Tyros4.

Guess I could have waited a year or so but, at my stage of the game, if I am to make a move...now is it.

Some folks have presented the Genos as non-functional, due to bugs, not true at all.

Soundwise, it’s the best arranger I’ve owned.

Edited by guitpic1 (02/27/18 11:09 PM)

#447529 - 02/28/18 02:12 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Well, kinda. I downloaded some converted Genos styles, loaded them into my S-950 and WOW! The sounded incredible......

Gary, just wait till you get a Genos under your fingers and can hear the real thing. wink

Originally Posted By guitpic1
..... The Genos is a very different keyboard for me than my Tyros4.....
....Some folks have presented the Genos as non-functional, due to bugs, not true at all.
....Soundwise, it’s the best arranger I’ve owned.

Agree fully!
Not bad when it come from me who never been any Yamaha fan because of the CD'ish and too polished sound. (My personal taste)
In my ears, Genos is the best sounding Yamaha arranger till date.
Also the styles are more balanced and the Revo drums make much more 'alive'.

I haven't 'deepdived' as much to verify or deny any 'bugs', only thing I notice, is that the right hand sounds seem to drop volume during the power on period.
I try to be Sherloc Holmes to find out if it's me or the keyboard that is buggy. crazy
That said, I think G feels a bit 'cheap' built compared to Tyros. But as long as I don't move it around, I try to forget about that part. smile
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#447532 - 02/28/18 02:58 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Hi Gary - can you please send me the styles for my S970? thanks!
itsnickg@hotmail.com

Cheers!

#447533 - 02/28/18 03:00 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: guitpic1]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
I guess the Genos is buggy....but so far I haven’t found anything I can’t do. It appears the bugs have more to do with some of the more exotic things folks want to do.

Also, it appears that some of the so called bugs are nothing more than operator error. Folks that owned a Tyros appear to be the ones struggling the most..that is if they are having trouble. The Genos is a very different keyboard for me than my Tyros4.

Guess I could have waited a year or so but, at my stage of the game, if I am to make a move...now is it.

Some folks have presented the Genos as non-functional, due to bugs, not true at all.

Soundwise, it’s the best arranger I’ve owned.

Some people indeed over saturate the problems
I don't think i have heared of a single bug of such proportions
But undeniable the bugs are there, and Yamaha is working hard to clean them out.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#447537 - 02/28/18 05:20 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Good luck,

Gary cool

Gary why not take a quick ride to Washington music and play a genos in the store.....Im sure the will have one there...?

#447542 - 02/28/18 06:24 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, Washington Music is two hours away on a good day, and it you happen to hit the rush hour, it's a 4 hour drive. Nah! I'll wait for Steve to arrive this spring.

All the best,

Gary

#447543 - 02/28/18 06:33 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Donny, Washington Music is two hours away on a good day, and it you happen to hit the rush hour, it's a 4 hour drive. Nah! I'll wait for Steve to arrive this spring.

All the best,

Gary

not bad it beats sittin home make a day of it
.. keys

#447548 - 02/28/18 07:09 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
...I downloaded some converted Genos styles, loaded them into my S-950 and WOW! The sounded incredible...

Spending all my efforts over at the Yamaha camp now. I'm once again in my element modifying styles to my heart's contend. There I am not accused of creating "inferior" styles like over at Ketron.

Glad you like them Gary - keep watching: many more coming.

#447554 - 02/28/18 07:47 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks Henni, you did an outstanding job with the conversion.

Gary

#447559 - 02/28/18 09:26 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: Henni]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Henni. Just for info. I'm still with the Tyros 2 and most Genus conversions some style parts play out of tune, this also happens with T5 converted styles to SFF1.
Perhaps I should consider updating but this T2 which I play everyday still sounds vibrant.

#447563 - 02/28/18 09:54 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, I just got home from the cat scan, only a 20 minute drive from home, and by the time I reached the end of my driveway I thought I would pass out from the intense pain in the region of my left kidney. A drive to Washington Music is out of the question. I have another doctor appointment tomorrow morning at Havre de Grace, which is about 45 minutes drive from here. I'm going to have Carol drive me there - just too damned dangerous with this much pain involved and I can't take morphine and drive, that's for certain. Sure hope he can fix this problem.

For those of you that requested the style files, you all have mail, and another big thanks to Henni for all his efforts and commitment to the PSR Tutorial Forum, where he has posted the conversions.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (02/28/18 09:55 AM)

#447565 - 02/28/18 09:57 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Donny, I just got home from the cat scan, only a 20 minute drive from home, and by the time I reached the end of my driveway I thought I would pass out from the intense pain in the region of my left kidney. A drive to Washington Music is out of the question. I have another doctor appointment tomorrow morning at Havre de Grace, which is about 45 minutes drive from here. I'm going to have Carol drive me there - just too damned dangerous with this much pain involved and I can't take morphine and drive, that's for certain. Sure hope he can fix this problem.

For those of you that requested the style files, you all have mail, and another big thanks to Henni for all his efforts and commitment to the PSR Tutorial Forum, where he has posted the conversions.

Gary cool

Gary I totally understand your health has to come first,.....that said I know when you were feeling good you would have did the trip without a problem. let's get you healthy again soon and as always buddy Godspeed...

#447582 - 02/28/18 01:11 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
Gary, my prayers for you. You'll be fine soon.

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#447583 - 02/28/18 01:17 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: synerjim]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary, praying for your good health ...

#447584 - 02/28/18 01:57 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Well, I just got some bad news two minutes ago from my urologist. The CT scan that I had done this morning revealed a nasty ventral hernia in the wall of my peritoneal cavity wall, which shows some severe tearing, likely from coughing hard and often because of my deteriorating lung condition. This will require a surgical repair and is extremely painful. I am contacting a general surgeon first thing tomorrow to get this taken care of. Unfortunately, because of my lousy lungs I am not a good general anesthesia candidate. Gonna be a bit tricky to get through this one, but I don't have much of a choice.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (02/28/18 02:02 PM)

#447593 - 02/28/18 03:10 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary, fortunately, alternatives to general anesthesia work wonders ... Just be certain to take it easy post op ...
Praying for your full and rapid recovery ...
" This too shall pass..."

#447594 - 02/28/18 03:12 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: tony mads usa]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Gary, fortunately, alternatives to general anesthesia work wonders ... Just be certain to take it easy post op ...
Praying for your full and rapid recovery ...
" This too shall pass..."

👍👍👍

#447595 - 02/28/18 03:25 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Good luck Gary your gonna be fine....have some Ice Cold Joy Juice ready when you get home from surgery. Rootin for ya buddy!

#447598 - 02/28/18 03:37 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway

Best wishes for you Gary.

Attachments
get well soon.....jpg

"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#447607 - 02/28/18 04:54 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny

Best wishes for you Gary.

+1

#447608 - 02/28/18 05:17 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

Gary (the old fart)

#447609 - 02/28/18 05:35 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
rphillipchuk Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
Healthy and Best Wishes to our "Chairman Of The Board"....... Go Git'em Gary !!!!!!

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#447610 - 02/28/18 05:42 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
124 Offline

Know that everyone here is on your side, Gary. You will get through this.

#447628 - 02/28/18 11:30 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: 124]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

wishing you well Gary, you are in my thoughts....

regards,
John

#447647 - 03/01/18 07:29 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks for the well wishes, John.

Gary

#447652 - 03/01/18 08:03 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Gary, Sure hope all is better soon...keep up your great attitude...it carries a lot of weight...
Thoughts & Prayers....

#447690 - 03/01/18 12:28 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Gary, Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery! You said it best “gettin’ old ain’t for wimps.”

#447693 - 03/01/18 01:05 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Just got an appointment with the surgeon for Monday morning. Seems like a long time to wait, but this guy is the surgeon all the other surgeons go to for surgery. He has done three other procedures on me and I have never had a minute of pain from any of the procedures he performed.

Gary cool

#447694 - 03/01/18 01:07 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Just got an appointment with the surgeon for Monday morning. Seems like a long time to wait, but this guy is the surgeon all the other surgeons go to for surgery. He has done three other procedures on me and I have never had a minute of pain from any of the procedures he performed.

Gary cool

Good luck Gary hopefully you will be back on the high seas with a
Green margarita in your hand before you know it!!

#447697 - 03/01/18 02:19 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Wishing you the best Gary. I just got back from a appointment with the surgeon who redid my incision and removed a bump from my leg. He is a Plastic Surgeon and the Cardiologist said he is the one he would go it.
BTW the bump on the leg I had him take off was Squamous cell carcinoma.
He said the incision looks fine now, so all good news for a change!

#447706 - 03/01/18 03:16 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada

Gary, I hope everything goes fine. You'll be in my prayers. smile

#447709 - 03/01/18 04:36 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks guys, for the well wishes, and I promise to keep you updated.

All the best,

Gary cool

#447738 - 03/02/18 07:48 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Praying now..

#447751 - 03/02/18 12:38 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Gary, all the best

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#447763 - 03/02/18 02:37 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks Rikki and Sparky. We have very high winds here today, and our electricity went out about 4 hours ago. Consequently, we are on a generator right now, and it just began acting up, too. I need it for the oxygen generator to continue to supply me with oxygen.

Thanks again,

Gary cool

#447777 - 03/02/18 04:24 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Gosh Gary, that’s terrible, we’re thinking of you.
We bought a battery generator ( charges up on solar and electricity (when you have it. )a few years back during a bad storm that left us without power for a week. Basically didn’t really do much, but did manage to keep phones, computers etc( light on energy type stuff) up and running. We needed it to keep a bilge pump running to stop our hot tub going under water.

It was summer, beautiful wheather, was like we were out on a camping trip for a week. Communal bbqs, as our meat started to defrost, we’d go to that neighbors for lunch , dinner , whatever.

Look after yourself.

Haven’t really needed it since, but I keep it charged up on solar for a blackout.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online