SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#447518 - 02/27/18 08:28 PM Just Tried out a Genos...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Well, kinda. I downloaded some converted Genos styles, loaded them into my S-950 and WOW! The sounded incredible, made me wish I was still able to go on stage, but alas, that's out of the question.

After hearing those converted styles in my S-950, I can't wait to hear Steve Molner's Genos when he passes through here in a couple months. Everyone that I know, personally, that has purchased a Genos, with a single exception, says it's the most incredible sounding arranger keyboard to ever be produced. I emailed those styles to a couple dozen individuals on my Email list, but if anyone else wants them, I will be more than happy to send them via Email. Just PM me an Email address.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#447523 - 02/27/18 09:42 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Well, kinda. I downloaded some converted Genos styles, loaded them into my S-950 and WOW! The sounded incredible, made me wish I was still able to go on stage, but alas, that's out of the question.

After hearing those converted styles in my S-950, I can't wait to hear Steve Molner's Genos when he passes through here in a couple months. Everyone that I know, personally, that has purchased a Genos, with a single exception, says it's the most incredible sounding arranger keyboard to ever be produced. I emailed those styles to a couple dozen individuals on my Email list, but if anyone else wants them, I will be more than happy to send them via Email. Just PM me an Email address.

Good luck,

Gary cool

Best sounding definitely true..

But also the most buggy one Yamaha has ever released..
The first patch just got released and removed many of them..
But still a few there..

My rule of thumb, waiting 6 months after release before buying a new keyboard definitely holds true for Yamaha too.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#447526 - 02/27/18 11:04 PM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
I guess the Genos is buggy....but so far I haven’t found anything I can’t do. It appears the bugs have more to do with some of the more exotic things folks want to do.

Also, it appears that some of the so called bugs are nothing more than operator error. Folks that owned a Tyros appear to be the ones struggling the most..that is if they are having trouble. The Genos is a very different keyboard for me than my Tyros4.

Guess I could have waited a year or so but, at my stage of the game, if I am to make a move...now is it.

Some folks have presented the Genos as non-functional, due to bugs, not true at all.

Soundwise, it’s the best arranger I’ve owned.

Edited by guitpic1 (02/27/18 11:09 PM)

#447529 - 02/28/18 02:12 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Well, kinda. I downloaded some converted Genos styles, loaded them into my S-950 and WOW! The sounded incredible......

Gary, just wait till you get a Genos under your fingers and can hear the real thing. wink

Originally Posted By guitpic1
..... The Genos is a very different keyboard for me than my Tyros4.....
....Some folks have presented the Genos as non-functional, due to bugs, not true at all.
....Soundwise, it’s the best arranger I’ve owned.

Agree fully!
Not bad when it come from me who never been any Yamaha fan because of the CD'ish and too polished sound. (My personal taste)
In my ears, Genos is the best sounding Yamaha arranger till date.
Also the styles are more balanced and the Revo drums make much more 'alive'.

I haven't 'deepdived' as much to verify or deny any 'bugs', only thing I notice, is that the right hand sounds seem to drop volume during the power on period.
I try to be Sherloc Holmes to find out if it's me or the keyboard that is buggy. crazy
That said, I think G feels a bit 'cheap' built compared to Tyros. But as long as I don't move it around, I try to forget about that part. smile
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#447532 - 02/28/18 02:58 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Hi Gary - can you please send me the styles for my S970? thanks!
itsnickg@hotmail.com

Cheers!

#447533 - 02/28/18 03:00 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: guitpic1]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
I guess the Genos is buggy....but so far I haven’t found anything I can’t do. It appears the bugs have more to do with some of the more exotic things folks want to do.

Also, it appears that some of the so called bugs are nothing more than operator error. Folks that owned a Tyros appear to be the ones struggling the most..that is if they are having trouble. The Genos is a very different keyboard for me than my Tyros4.

Guess I could have waited a year or so but, at my stage of the game, if I am to make a move...now is it.

Some folks have presented the Genos as non-functional, due to bugs, not true at all.

Soundwise, it’s the best arranger I’ve owned.

Some people indeed over saturate the problems
I don't think i have heared of a single bug of such proportions
But undeniable the bugs are there, and Yamaha is working hard to clean them out.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#447537 - 02/28/18 05:20 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Good luck,

Gary cool

Gary why not take a quick ride to Washington music and play a genos in the store.....Im sure the will have one there...?

#447542 - 02/28/18 06:24 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, Washington Music is two hours away on a good day, and it you happen to hit the rush hour, it's a 4 hour drive. Nah! I'll wait for Steve to arrive this spring.

All the best,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#447543 - 02/28/18 06:33 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Donny, Washington Music is two hours away on a good day, and it you happen to hit the rush hour, it's a 4 hour drive. Nah! I'll wait for Steve to arrive this spring.

All the best,

Gary

not bad it beats sittin home make a day of it
.. keys

#447548 - 02/28/18 07:09 AM Re: Just Tried out a Genos... [Re: travlin'easy]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
...I downloaded some converted Genos styles, loaded them into my S-950 and WOW! The sounded incredible...

Spending all my efforts over at the Yamaha camp now. I'm once again in my element modifying styles to my heart's contend. There I am not accused of creating "inferior" styles like over at Ketron.

Glad you like them Gary - keep watching: many more coming.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online