SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#44738 - 12/19/06 09:06 AM Advice on buying a Cd player for gigs !!
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Help please .
I want to buy a Cd player to use on gigs whilst taking a break .

Mains powered .

need audio ouput to a standard 6mm jackplug to plug into Amplifier

I would appreciate your advice .

Regards .............Giovanni

#44739 - 12/19/06 10:04 AM Re: Advice on buying a Cd player for gigs !!
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Giovanni
Just pick up one of the simple portable CD players that come with a power supply, and then purchase a lead with a 3.5mm stereo jack on one end, (For the CD player) and a suitable plug for your keyboard on the other. (Could be a 6mm stereo jack plug or 2 mono 6mm jack plugs, depending on what your keyboard requires)
Hope this helps

Bill

#44740 - 12/19/06 10:09 AM Re: Advice on buying a Cd player for gigs !!
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Have you tried using the XP cd player.

Jerry

#44741 - 12/19/06 06:05 PM Re: Advice on buying a Cd player for gigs !!
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Giovanni, I am using a laptop Computer that is 8 years old. I use it for all my midi files, music notation and chords and words. I am also using it to play my CD’s.

My laptop is plugged directly into the line impute of my KN7000 giving me control of the volume. It also can project what is the laptop screen (lyrics and notation) on to a TV screen..
Bernie has added a unit to improve the audio sound coming from the laptop.

Just my thought, John C.

#44742 - 12/20/06 03:11 PM Re: Advice on buying a Cd player for gigs !!
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Giovani,

I recently purchased the Yamaha Stagepas 300 Portable PA System. It is brilliant. It consists of two powered speakers - one houses all the leads and the other houses a 'baby' Powered Mixer that thinks it's a 'grown-up'. I say this, because it can take two keyboards, four microphones, two powered speakers, two CD Players/Recorders and a guitar. This mixer can be used as a stand alone or, (if space is a problem) sitting in one of the speakers. Connected to your keyboard, you can play your own KN recordings through it or, connected to a CD Player you can play CDs through it. It has full facilities i.e: reverbs, echo, both high and low volume levels for each connection , speech control and a Master Volume Control which can be used either direct from the mixer or from the KN. The output power is 150W + 150W/6 (whatever that means). I like it because it is so compact which means there are only two pieces of gear to take on gigs and, best of all, it really enhances the KNs sounds and rhythms.

Hope this is of interest to you. If so, you could check it out on the Yamaha site: www.yamahaproaudio.com

Audrey

#44743 - 12/20/06 04:15 PM Re: Advice on buying a Cd player for gigs !!
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Giovani,
Audrey has given you good advice, the system she spoke of does a good job.

Each system has to be fitted to the need of the individual. For my needs, and because I want very few parts, this is what I have done.

1-Microphone goes into the Kn7000 -- the volume control is on the panel.
2-Laptop or CD player goes into the line impute -- the volume control is on the panel.
I have control of the microphone, the CD player and the keyboard –it is all at my fingertips.

I have been using powered speakers, 2 JBL 10’s the cost was $495 for each speaker. I just bought a Logitech Z2300 for my smaller needs. I can fill my home or entertain 80 to 100 people with this unit. The price at Circuit is $149. I bought the unit on line for $99. It is hard to believe but the unit is strong and very clear – and only $99.

So I have one keyboard, a mic, a Laptop or a CD player and a Logitech Z2300. Maybe a chair, and all my wires.

There players who are using the Logitech Z5500, say that it will accommodate 300 to 400 people without effort. These speakers were originally designed to be used with computers, but they work very well with all types of music.

The Z2300 has to satellite speakers and a woofer. You have a control unit for the master volume and the amount of bass (Woofer) you need.

If there is a need to have tone controls for voice or a CD then I add a small mixer, cost $59.

You must buy a system to fit your needs –sound is so subject to what we are used to.

Hope this helps, John C.

#44744 - 12/21/06 11:55 AM Re: Advice on buying a Cd player for gigs !!
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi folks , Just a quick thank you to all of you that took the time and trouble to answer my question .

I found i had a Cd player with a power supply so I just went out and purchased a suitable lead and I'm all set up for a long gig on new years eve .

i would just like to wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Happy , Healthy and Peaceful 2007

regards ................Giovanni

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online