SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#445216 - 01/22/18 06:46 PM O. T. Update on my health
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It's been a week since my surgery for implant of a Defibrillator/Pacemaker. Went back to the doctor and he took the bandages off, removed the tape and cleaned it all up, then put strips back on for a few more days until the incision is totally healed.
He said it looked good. I can play music when I want to, but I can't drive a vehicle for three months.
They are afraid the device might trigger and cause me to lose control of the vehicle. The odds of it going off decrease pretty drastically and most of the danger is in the first few weeks.
I am taking several kinds of medication, including antibiotics to prevent infection in the surgery site. One of them tends to make me dizzy; will have to figure out which one, but it's not bad.
I can't lift my left arm above my shoulder for several more weeks, to prevent pulling the wires that are attached to my heart.
No golf for several months, if ever...fishing will be o.k. pretty soon.
I haven't decided when to go back to work, and it will present problems because someone will have to drive me both ways. Going crazy sitting around though, so I'll figure something out.
Cardio rehab workouts will start in three months.
I have to lose more weight. I lost 21 pounds of fluid while in the hospital, so I wasn't quite as fat as I thought. Have lost five more in the week I've been out. Need to lose 20-25 more. Piece of cake. No, make that fruit. smile
You all will never know how deeply I appreciate the prayers and friendship displayed to me here. I love you guys!
But you ain't gettin' my Bud Lite.
No more serious stuff. . .

#445217 - 01/22/18 06:51 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Good news, take it easy do the rehab and you'll be good to go before you know it.
Thanks for the update and glad your feeling better

#445219 - 01/22/18 06:56 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Ha ha piece of fruit and not cake! Good to see you on the road to recovery.

#445222 - 01/22/18 07:14 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Stay away from the fruit - too much sugar. Stick with broccoli, spinach, lettuce, and cauliflower - good stuff that won't cause you to gain weight.

The restrictions will screw up your fishing, unless you are good at casting sidearm, which I can. Golf is out of the question for six months. Not a prayer of improving your backswing. wink

Get someone to drive for you - too damned dangerous for you to be behind the wheel. If that defibrillator kicks off, you'll kill someone, or yourself. I've seen this happen too many times in my medical career. Earnest can do without you for a couple months until you find some hot Cajun gal to drive you to your jobs.

Keep in touch,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#445224 - 01/22/18 07:16 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
124 Offline

Sounds like you have a great attitude towards your recovery. That's every bit as important as the medical stuff. Keep 'er going, Don.

#445226 - 01/22/18 07:23 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
zuki Offline

Good news. A few months goes fast really and you'll be and running in no time. Glad they got you healed, the main thing!

Edited by zuki (01/22/18 07:24 PM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#445228 - 01/22/18 07:29 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Don
After I had my "cardiac event" in 2008 (minor compared to yours) I had a couple of stents put in and was pretty much mandated to sit or lie down for two weeks. And, no lifting for a period after that. But I had a gig I felt compelled to play. A buddy and friendly competitor who was playing nearby volunteered to set up all my gear and tear it down when he finished his gig. I got to do the gig and didn't have to lift a finger or bend over the whole evening. I have felt forever in his debt since. I'm sure if any of us was near enough, we'd do the same for you....I know I would.
Eddie

#445233 - 01/22/18 08:21 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I haven't been on the forum in a while. This is quite a surprise. We will keep you in our prayers. Be good and do what you are told by the doctors. Get well my friend.

Tom

#445235 - 01/22/18 09:07 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Glad to hear it Don, keeping you in my prayers. Heck, I would drive you to work if it weren't 3 hrs away!! Take care!

#445237 - 01/22/18 10:08 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Good to see you've entered the boring stage, Don:

Gary has provided some great advice. While you are bored, sitting around the house... do some recording of that great vocal ability you possess. I'd love to have you do a couple of (free covers) from my ASCAP Registered Catalog. You pick the genre and I'll send you the chord and lyric sheets plus an MP3 file of my original or a demo someone has done for me in the past.

Just a thought to help you fight the extreme boredom. No schedule, no strings. Country, Pop, R&B, Blues, Americana and Easy listening. If you like what you record, I'd like copies to pitch to labels and producers for their artists albums... and you will have some songs for your Ernest's repertoire. It could be a "win-win" deal for all concerned. How 'bout it, Pal?

For starters, listen to the six songs I have listed this week at my Dave Rice page at ShowCaseYourMusic.com

See if there's anything there you might like to try.

All my best... and no pressure.

----Dave Rice

Edited by Riceroni9 (01/22/18 10:18 PM)

#445240 - 01/23/18 01:23 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
"No more serious stuff. . ."

Great to hear you're in good mood and getting better every day now Don.

Attachments
Wishing-You-A-Speedy-Recovery.gif

"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#445242 - 01/23/18 02:25 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Thank you for your update! I am glad the prayers works! smile Keep in good spirit and your body will follow! Always a good rule! Don't overdo anything though.

#445243 - 01/23/18 02:38 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
jdx Offline

Loc: Liverpool U.K.
Great news ... Take it easy 🤓

#445246 - 01/23/18 04:08 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: jdx]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Don to quote myself; “I’m alive so I got another good day”.
The days that are ahead are decision making days – it is time for Don to use his talents by adding more to his already blessed life.

You’re in a good place my friend; there is lots more coming.
John C.

PS, as the saying goes; “Don’t work so hard on trying to get the things you want that you lose the precious things you have”.

#445251 - 01/23/18 05:28 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
broker22 Offline

Great to hear you are getting better Don you will always be in our prayers. Cal

#445256 - 01/23/18 06:03 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: broker22]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Very pleased to learn you are on the mend Don. Keep up the efforts and listen to the missus !!!!

warmest regards,
John

#445258 - 01/23/18 06:32 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Beakybird Offline

Wishing you many more years of good health.

#445259 - 01/23/18 06:40 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Thanks for the update and best wishes!

#445261 - 01/23/18 06:58 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Don...Good news about successful surgery. Now just chill and get better. We need you keeping us entertained on the forum.

jingleman

#445262 - 01/23/18 07:00 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Don - congrats on emerging from the fog of surgery and embarking on the next chapter! An old friend of mine from Biloxi (who had a Fishing Show on the local TV network WLOX) used to say "They may call me 'Chicken of the Sea' but I'm still around!"....

I join all the others here - we are all glad to see you back from your journey to the hospital....Godspeed and take it a day at a time!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#445272 - 01/23/18 08:43 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: saxxman]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Let's see! A slightly compromised level of activity. That means you're a "sitting duck" for my continuous line of harassment.

OH BOY...OH BOY!

What a great, positive attitude you have. Please don't scare us like that anytime soon. What would I do with the Cushman if anything happened to you?

Russ

#445279 - 01/23/18 09:43 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
Glad to hear your fast recovery Don.
Praise the Almighty!

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#445281 - 01/23/18 09:48 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Thanks again to everyone. I truly appreciate the concern and hope to get better quickly.

#445282 - 01/23/18 09:50 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: Riceroni9]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By Riceroni9
Good to see you've entered the boring stage, Don:

Gary has provided some great advice. While you are bored, sitting around the house... do some recording of that great vocal ability you possess. I'd love to have you do a couple of (free covers) from my ASCAP Registered Catalog. You pick the genre and I'll send you the chord and lyric sheets plus an MP3 file of my original or a demo someone has done for me in the past.

Just a thought to help you fight the extreme boredom. No schedule, no strings. Country, Pop, R&B, Blues, Americana and Easy listening. If you like what you record, I'd like copies to pitch to labels and producers for their artists albums... and you will have some songs for your Ernest's repertoire. It could be a "win-win" deal for all concerned. How 'bout it, Pal?

For starters, listen to the six songs I have listed this week at my Dave Rice page at ShowCaseYourMusic.com

See if there's anything there you might like to try.

All my best... and no pressure.

----Dave Rice

Thanks Dave, I'll check out the site. I still don't have any of my gear at home. It's all still at the job and two friends are using the p.a. to fill in for me. If I don't go back soon, I'll pick up the PA4X so I'll have it at home.

#445284 - 01/23/18 10:02 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Thanks again to everyone. I truly appreciate the concern and hope to get better quickly.

it takes time to recover Don.....
enjoy the time off and GET WELL REAL SOON.....at least you can play at home work out new material etc, etc, .....

#445288 - 01/23/18 10:25 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA

Thanks Dave, I'll check out the site. I still don't have any of my gear at home. It's all still at the job and two friends are using the p.a. to fill in for me. If I don't go back soon, I'll pick up the PA4X so I'll have it at home.

So it took TWO guys to fill in for you ... not surprised ... wink
So glad you're doing better, Don ...
Still praying for you, and Susan ...

#445292 - 01/23/18 10:58 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: Dnj]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I am glad that you are OK....now "we" have something in common, I also have an implanted combo pacemaker & Defibrillator...and every 3 months I have a check with the Medtronics people to monitor the devise.

I had mine implanted December 3th of 2015, and yes, you have to be careful.
With time, I got back to almost my regular pace, I did change my PA systems to a much lighter ones (BOse Compacts and Maui LD5s, and only on big events, the Bose F1812s), but, those are far apart.

Take care and stick to veggies, protein, very light or almost nothing on carbs...

Manuel

#445297 - 01/23/18 11:35 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: mdorantes]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By mdorantes
I am glad that you are OK....now "we" have something in common, I also have an implanted combo pacemaker & Defibrillator...and every 3 months I have a check with the Medtronics people to monitor the devise.

I had mine implanted December 3th of 2015, and yes, you have to be careful.
With time, I got back to almost my regular pace, I did change my PA systems to a much lighter ones (BOse Compacts and Maui LD5s, and only on big events, the Bose F1812s), but, those are far apart.

Take care and stick to veggies, protein, very light or almost nothing on carbs...

Manuel

That is very encouraging Manuel. Thank you. My equipment is already very light weight... Maui 5s, PA4X. The keyboard is the heaviest thing I use, and there is always a guy waiting to load and unload my gear anyway, at least where I usually work. I probably won't be taking any other jobs until next Christmas.
Right now, not being able to drive is the main drawback.
A few minutes ago I decided I needed a haircut, and then realized I have to wait for someone to take me there.

#445302 - 01/23/18 01:23 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA

A few minutes ago I decided I needed a haircut, and then realized I have to wait for someone to take me there.

...or, you could just go "Willie Nelson".

smile smile

chas

#445303 - 01/23/18 01:30 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Willie has soul too you know! His guitar playing is unique and under-rated. I think I'll get a hair cut though. smile
Thanks Chas.

#445306 - 01/23/18 01:44 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Love Willie, but you already knew that. What a lot of people DON'T know is that Willie wrote or co-wrote a ton of those great R&B tunes from the 60's and 70's. So what if he had a little 'weed' to help his creativity smile. I guess I just like his 'outlaw with a heart of gold' image.

chas

#445307 - 01/23/18 02:01 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Don don't they have "UBER" in Shreveport?....just sayin'

#445316 - 01/23/18 02:33 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Carol has been cutting my hair for the past 50 years. Maybe it's time to buy Susan a clipper set. The ladies are usually pretty good at cutting hair, even on guys. smile

Gary

#445324 - 01/23/18 04:17 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Don don't they have "UBER" in Shreveport?....just sayin'

Uber drivers are afraid to drive in Shreveport after dark! Well, it's almost that bad.
I have considered that but haven't checked it out yet.
Right now one of my sons gets off work at 10:00 p.m., so he could come give me a ride home with only five minutes out of the way. However his schedule will change first of the month.
Another son gets off at about 11:30 p.m. so I could wait for him, but that would keep me there an extra 30-60 minutes. We'll figure it out though.
I plan to go back Friday and Saturday this week.

#445325 - 01/23/18 04:23 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Carol has been cutting my hair for the past 50 years. Maybe it's time to buy Susan a clipper set. The ladies are usually pretty good at cutting hair, even on guys. smile

Gary

Susan is great at many things, including carpentry even! But she ain't gettin' close to my hair. Not so worried about the hair, but I need my ears! smile Her sister had five sons and she is really good at haircuts, so maybe she'll come by and do it.
Otherwise I can call the Sheriff dept. and they will send a Reserve car to take me, believe it or not. They already offered to take me wherever I need to go, when I called to tell them I couldn't patrol for at least 3 months. But I wouldn't ask them to take me to Shreveport, it's out of our Parish and about 20 miles from my house.
Maybe I'll be a long-haired country boy again!

#445602 - 01/29/18 10:37 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Don

If you travel, make sure you avoid those Magnets that TSA and other like Federal buildings have, and or the machines that do the CAT Scan.

I guess, I was fortuned, I was able to drive, my doctor did not include that, he told me only no lifting over 10 pounds for a while, do some walking, and try to eat healthy.

I have Medtronics unit, and every 3 months I get a check up, by the way, I learn that my unit can make a sound like the european Police cars, I I hear that, I must remain calm, and immediately, go to a hospital, as a precaution, and notify the Doctor.

Since I had the implants, I have gone couple times to México, Buena Park California, etc....and so far in the last reading I still have 8 and a half years of work,
Please take care, and keep us posted.

Manuel Dorantes

#445604 - 01/29/18 11:10 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Thank you Manuel. That is encouraging! I enjoyed your video from NAMM show!

#445641 - 01/30/18 11:21 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

Hi Don:

Great to see you up and around. Does your Doc understand what you do at Ernest's? Unless you have medical conditions we don't know about, most of these surgeries require only two or three weeks before driving is allowed. (The exception being "Commercial Drivers or Airline Pilots"... LOL!) All of us know you can fly... but I'll bet if you had a conversation with the Doc... You just might get that "permission slip" you need to prevent all this anxiety... which is probably worse for you than doing what you wanna do! (Standard disclaimer issued here... I'm no Doc... but I have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express! LOL!)

All the best... ----Dave Rice

#445647 - 01/30/18 12:29 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Hi Dave,
They are just giving time to be certain the device is functioning properly and won't go off unexpectedly. It might be dangerous for other vehicles on the road if it did.
I'm thinking when I go back in a month (3 weeks now) he might say go ahead and drive.
Thank you my friend!

#445659 - 01/30/18 04:03 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
124 Offline

As long as it doesn't suddenly throw in a key change into your Korg halfway through a number:). Good to see you up and about.

#445661 - 01/30/18 04:41 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: 124]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By 124
As long as it doesn't suddenly throw in a key change into your Korg halfway through a number:). Good to see you up and about.

Oh, I make enough of those already! smile

#445666 - 01/30/18 07:57 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
124 Offline

Man, I love your spirit in all this. smile

#445669 - 01/30/18 11:54 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: 124]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By 124
Man, I love your spirit in all this. smile

👍 +1

#445710 - 01/31/18 05:30 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Spirit not so good right now. Back in hospital. The incision site got infected. On IV antibiotics, praying they don't have to open it and clean it out.

#445711 - 01/31/18 05:38 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Oh no! Don praying for you to get well please listen to your doctors... Good luck.

#445717 - 01/31/18 07:59 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

Sorry to hear about this, Don:

Keep us posted when you feel up to it. I hope the infected incision responds without having to resort to more surgery.

Hang in there, ----Dave

#445718 - 01/31/18 08:03 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: Riceroni9]
tony mads usa Offline

Our prayers are with you, Don ...
God Bless

#445720 - 01/31/18 09:21 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]

Keep on to your good mood Don.
Best wishes for a good recovery!

Attachments
get-well-soon-balloon.jpg

#445721 - 01/31/18 11:43 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
guitpic1 Offline

Hang in there..tough break. Hoping for no infection

#445722 - 01/31/18 11:49 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
Don, prayer continues, you'll be fine.

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#445728 - 02/01/18 07:18 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Don, I thought that was the case when I talked with you a couple days ago. Too sore for too long.

Good luck, old friend,

Gary cool

#445730 - 02/01/18 07:32 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
saxxman Offline

Don - prayers for a speedy and painless recovery! "This too shall pass". It's the waiting that is bothersome...you are in the right place and in the right hands! Hang in there!

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#445735 - 02/01/18 10:50 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: saxxman]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Got my fingers crossed...BIG TIME!

R.

#445747 - 02/01/18 12:26 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
zuki Offline

Don, hope you are feeling better and they get things resolved. Just a few days of flu like for me led to little ambition and depression - nothing like what you are going through. But focus of the brighter days ahead - thinking of you.

Edited by zuki (02/01/18 12:27 PM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#445751 - 02/01/18 01:12 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Thanks guys. They cleaned out the incision {ouch} and packed it today. Yesterday they did a wound culture and blood culture. Had heavy doses of antibiotics IV last night and this morning. They will examine the wound again tomorrow and at that time ascertain whether the infection reached the hardware of the defibrulator or if we caught it in time.
Worst case scenario is they will have to remove the device.
We're praying this won't be necessary and that the antibiotics have taken care of the infection.
Thank you for your good wishes and prayers.

#445753 - 02/01/18 01:23 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Don you got this buddy.. Good luck..

#445759 - 02/01/18 02:05 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Don, thoughts and prayers are with you.

jingleman

#445773 - 02/01/18 07:57 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Thanks guys. They cleaned out the incision {ouch} and packed it today. Yesterday they did a wound culture and blood culture. Had heavy doses of antibiotics IV last night and this morning. They will examine the wound again tomorrow and at that time ascertain whether the infection reached the hardware of the defibrulator or if we caught it in time.
Worst case scenario is they will have to remove the device.
We're praying this won't be necessary and that the antibiotics have taken care of the infection.
Thank you for your good wishes and prayers.

Don, I'm sorry to hear this, but I'll continue to pray for you, and hope surgery won't be necessary. God bless.

#445789 - 02/02/18 10:40 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Better news today...it seems the antibiotics are working and it looks as if surgery won't be necessary, at least right now.
The real test will come when they take me off the antibiotics. If the infection returns at that time, they will have to remove the pacemaker/defibrulator.
Thanks for your good wishes and prayers. Hope to be able to go home soon now.
Bad news is that my son and grandson, who live with us, both have the flu, so I'll have to be extremely careful. Of course most everyone in this hospital has it too so . . . smile

#445790 - 02/02/18 10:52 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
saxxman Offline

Great news Don! Rest up and stay clear of the FLU Bug.... wishing you a great rest at home and a speedy recovery!

#445793 - 02/02/18 11:35 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: saxxman]
guitpic1 Offline

👍👍👍

#445795 - 02/02/18 11:53 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: guitpic1]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Good news...don't be too quick to rush back...get your rest to keep your immune system up.

#445797 - 02/02/18 12:03 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: sparky589]
tony mads usa Offline

Great news, Don ... Now get out of that bug infested hospital ...

#445812 - 02/02/18 01:53 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]

Better news today...it seems the antibiotics are working and it looks as if surgery won't be necessary......
Bad news is that my son and grandson, who live with us, both have the flu, so I'll have to be extremely careful. Of course most everyone in this hospital has it too so . . . smile

Great to hear it goes the right direction Don. smile
If the flu in your area is as bad as it is around here this year, you better take extra good care.
It's a hard one, I've been hit two times, first 4 weeks, then I thought now it's over, but no, hit again before finishline, and now it's the 3 week at this round. crazy frown

Get well soon!

#445813 - 02/02/18 04:01 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

I talked with Don earlier today, his IV line went bad, and the staffers had trouble finding a good vein, so they had someone coming in from the hematology department to see if they could find a good vein and infuse him with the final bottle of IV antibiotics, then when that was finished, the plan was, hopefully, to send him home. He will go home with packing and a Penrose drain, which a home health nurse will take care on a daily basis until the infection stops draining and the packing can be removed and allow the wound to close on it's own. It's a nasty, very dangerous infection.

Good luck old friend,

Gary cool

#445818 - 02/02/18 05:04 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
I talked with Don earlier today, his IV line went bad, and the staffers had trouble finding a good vein, so they had someone coming in from the hematology department to see if they could find a good vein and infuse him with the final bottle of IV antibiotics, then when that was finished, the plan was, hopefully, to send him home. He will go home with packing and a Penrose drain, which a home health nurse will take care on a daily basis until the infection stops draining and the packing can be removed and allow the wound to close on it's own. It's a nasty, very dangerous infection.

Good luck old friend,

Gary cool

Gary thanx for the update,.....
I pray for only good things for Don to come .....

#445822 - 02/02/18 06:00 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Well they are keeping me in hospital until at least Monday. Want to continue the IV antibiotics and be safe.

#445827 - 02/02/18 06:13 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Safe is good! Hey, they were the ones that screwed up to begin with. smile I know these things because I'm old and infirmed, but I remember lots of neat $hit from all those years in medicine. smile

Get well, old friend. The wonderful world of music needs you back in action.

Gary cool

#445828 - 02/02/18 06:51 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I echo Gary’s comments, safe is good. Get well soon and I’m sure you will. Below is a story of a friend of mine and he’s going strong today.

I have a lifelong friend who I started 1st grade with, we have remained friends 61 years now, he’s 66. At age 65 he was given a choice, have an LVAD operation or gamble on how long his heart would keep beating. The short of it is they had to replace his left ventricle heart valve with a pump to keep his heart going. He always needs to be hooked up to batteries that he wears on a specially designed vest, he needs to keep back up batteries. He also had to have a generator installed at his house in event of a power failure, no power the heart stops beating.

I’m relating this because Louie is living an active life today, despite having a couple of trips back to hospital for set backs one was an infection he’s now back doing volunteer work 3 days per week.

#445844 - 02/03/18 06:05 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
broker22 Offline

Another set back Don that sucks get better soon we are all praying for you. Cal

#445847 - 02/03/18 06:34 AM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
zuki Offline

Better they keep you instead of back and forth. Also, gives you a space from the flu at your home. Believe me, my wife and I are just getting over this and you don't need to add that to the mix. Get well soon Don. Enjoy the Super Bowl!!!! and pretty nurses.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online