SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#445216 - 01/22/18 06:46 PM O. T. Update on my health
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It's been a week since my surgery for implant of a Defibrillator/Pacemaker. Went back to the doctor and he took the bandages off, removed the tape and cleaned it all up, then put strips back on for a few more days until the incision is totally healed.
He said it looked good. I can play music when I want to, but I can't drive a vehicle for three months.
They are afraid the device might trigger and cause me to lose control of the vehicle. The odds of it going off decrease pretty drastically and most of the danger is in the first few weeks.
I am taking several kinds of medication, including antibiotics to prevent infection in the surgery site. One of them tends to make me dizzy; will have to figure out which one, but it's not bad.
I can't lift my left arm above my shoulder for several more weeks, to prevent pulling the wires that are attached to my heart.
No golf for several months, if ever...fishing will be o.k. pretty soon.
I haven't decided when to go back to work, and it will present problems because someone will have to drive me both ways. Going crazy sitting around though, so I'll figure something out.
Cardio rehab workouts will start in three months.
I have to lose more weight. I lost 21 pounds of fluid while in the hospital, so I wasn't quite as fat as I thought. Have lost five more in the week I've been out. Need to lose 20-25 more. Piece of cake. No, make that fruit. smile
You all will never know how deeply I appreciate the prayers and friendship displayed to me here. I love you guys!
But you ain't gettin' my Bud Lite.
No more serious stuff. . .

#445217 - 01/22/18 06:51 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Good news, take it easy do the rehab and you'll be good to go before you know it.
Thanks for the update and glad your feeling better

#445219 - 01/22/18 06:56 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Ha ha piece of fruit and not cake! Good to see you on the road to recovery.

#445222 - 01/22/18 07:14 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Stay away from the fruit - too much sugar. Stick with broccoli, spinach, lettuce, and cauliflower - good stuff that won't cause you to gain weight.

The restrictions will screw up your fishing, unless you are good at casting sidearm, which I can. Golf is out of the question for six months. Not a prayer of improving your backswing. wink

Get someone to drive for you - too damned dangerous for you to be behind the wheel. If that defibrillator kicks off, you'll kill someone, or yourself. I've seen this happen too many times in my medical career. Earnest can do without you for a couple months until you find some hot Cajun gal to drive you to your jobs.

Keep in touch,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#445224 - 01/22/18 07:16 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
124 Offline

Sounds like you have a great attitude towards your recovery. That's every bit as important as the medical stuff. Keep 'er going, Don.

#445226 - 01/22/18 07:23 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
zuki Offline

Good news. A few months goes fast really and you'll be and running in no time. Glad they got you healed, the main thing!

Edited by zuki (01/22/18 07:24 PM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#445228 - 01/22/18 07:29 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Don
After I had my "cardiac event" in 2008 (minor compared to yours) I had a couple of stents put in and was pretty much mandated to sit or lie down for two weeks. And, no lifting for a period after that. But I had a gig I felt compelled to play. A buddy and friendly competitor who was playing nearby volunteered to set up all my gear and tear it down when he finished his gig. I got to do the gig and didn't have to lift a finger or bend over the whole evening. I have felt forever in his debt since. I'm sure if any of us was near enough, we'd do the same for you....I know I would.
Eddie

#445233 - 01/22/18 08:21 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I haven't been on the forum in a while. This is quite a surprise. We will keep you in our prayers. Be good and do what you are told by the doctors. Get well my friend.

Tom

#445235 - 01/22/18 09:07 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Glad to hear it Don, keeping you in my prayers. Heck, I would drive you to work if it weren't 3 hrs away!! Take care!

#445237 - 01/22/18 10:08 PM Re: O. T. Update on my health [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Good to see you've entered the boring stage, Don:

Gary has provided some great advice. While you are bored, sitting around the house... do some recording of that great vocal ability you possess. I'd love to have you do a couple of (free covers) from my ASCAP Registered Catalog. You pick the genre and I'll send you the chord and lyric sheets plus an MP3 file of my original or a demo someone has done for me in the past.

Just a thought to help you fight the extreme boredom. No schedule, no strings. Country, Pop, R&B, Blues, Americana and Easy listening. If you like what you record, I'd like copies to pitch to labels and producers for their artists albums... and you will have some songs for your Ernest's repertoire. It could be a "win-win" deal for all concerned. How 'bout it, Pal?

For starters, listen to the six songs I have listed this week at my Dave Rice page at ShowCaseYourMusic.com

See if there's anything there you might like to try.

All my best... and no pressure.

----Dave Rice

Edited by Riceroni9 (01/22/18 10:18 PM)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online