SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#445007 - 01/18/18 10:51 AM Vocal harmony issues
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
On Korg arrangers---can the vocal harmony processor provide correct harmonies to a midi song track recorded with a style into the Sequencer mode (Backing Sequence – Quick Record), then, saved and played back in the Song Play mode? In other words, can a person sing with a completed style/midi track that’s been saved as a song and get correct harmonies via the VH processor, while the song track is playing? It works great, while performing with Style Play mode in real time. However, I cannot get any vocal harmonies during playback in either the Sequencer or Play modes. I’m new to Korg; fumbling around trying to grasp the Pa 1000. Got the same issue with the Ensemble feature for right-hand voices. They work nicely in real time with a style, but not on playback with a recorded midi track created from an onboard style. Tried the manual with no luck. Helpful suggestions welcomed.

#445097 - 01/20/18 08:14 PM Re: Vocal harmony issues [Re: J. Larry]
Reuben Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
You have the option to set Harmony Control.
In Song Play Mode press Menu, Preferences. At the bottom of the general Setup Tab you can choose Harmony Control source. I leave mine on "Keyboard" because I'm always playing chords that the Voice Processor can recognize. If you are playing single notes then you would need to set it to the track where the main backing instrument is (say Player 1 & 2 Track 2 for instance).

Edited by Reuben (01/20/18 08:15 PM)

#445189 - 01/22/18 12:33 PM Re: Vocal harmony issues [Re: J. Larry]
RC Offline

Loc: Pa Usa
J. Larry
The way I record with the ensemble is on track one. After I recorded it I go to edit and move it to another track. You can only do it on quick record.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online