SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#44490 - 01/25/02 09:40 PM Key changes in panel memory
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Here you all are! Took me quite a while to work out my "occupation", But finally wrote RETIRED.I may be asking the impossible here.First, this is how I have been recording all my songs. 1. I set the Panel Memories, usually 8, to the instruments I need including all the parameters, and record the chord changes on A.P.C track 4. (fingered chords). 2.- I record the control track, making all rhythm changes and fills and Panel memory changes. 3. -Next i record the R.1. and R.2.separately for alto and soprano, as harmony is my "thing". 4.- finally I record on another track with another chosen instrument any extra arpeggios or music fills. I dont use M.s.P. pads or "step record - I like to play everything in. My idea was to save Panel Memory Bank 1 to Bank 2 and Bank 3 and have 2 and 3 in different keys, which would be very handy at rehearsals. Although I press "play" ,"fill", then P,M. 2 and "start", it starts off in the key set for P.M. 2 , but reverts to P.M.1 and the original key on the first change. I suppose I am working in a slightly different field to most of you- I am just a beginner really, and am learning such a lot from all of you. Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.Cheers. Jean (olivia)

#44491 - 01/25/02 11:31 PM Re: Key changes in panel memory
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi,
if you use the transpose button to change
the chords, then the pan-mem have to be in
expanded mode, and transpose checked to on.
Press the pan-mem set button for a second
or two to access the page(s) where those
settings are available.
GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 01-25-2002).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#44492 - 01/26/02 02:40 AM Re: Key changes in panel memory
technicsplayer Offline

as I understand it you want 3 copies of the songs in 3 different keys.

1) the permanent way:

you must copy the song twice in the sequencer so that you have 3 songs.

then either step edit the control track of songs 2 and 3 to point to the panel bank 2 and 3 where the transposed setups are memorised, remembering to panel write the correct starting conditions for each one...

or even easier, disable transpose in the panel memory expand mode filter, and use the panel write to set the starting key for each song.

2) the easy way:

disable transpose in panel memory filter and save the current panel with the other files.

you can use just the one song and one panel memory bank, as long as you set the transpose manually after you have done the sequencer reset, and before you start the song.

#44493 - 01/26/02 02:52 AM Re: Key changes in panel memory
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Nice to have someone who reads and understand
the questions better than me
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#44494 - 01/26/02 03:00 AM Re: Key changes in panel memory
technicsplayer Offline

ah, but there is no great trick in the right answer...

the trick is to get the right question...

#44495 - 01/26/02 04:46 AM Re: Key changes in panel memory
Albertg Offline

Hi Jean,
When I read your explanation about your way of recording I did a copy and paste to my text-editor and printed it. Now I'm running to my Keyboard to play....
I never tried it this way. Always tried to record everything in one 'go' and failed.
Thanks for the inspiration.

Albert.

#44496 - 01/26/02 02:29 PM Re: Key changes in panel memory
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Hi. Thanks Technicsplayer and Jonny. I have just tried out the "easy way" on an arrangement i have already finished and found if I disable "transpose' in the panel memory expand mode filter as you suggest, all I have to do is press the sequencer reset button, alter the transpose button to the required key and then press start.So simple when you know how.I was on the wrong track, thinking I needed a different bank for each key. Now I am going to investigate the possibility of disabling the "tempo" in the same way and setting the speed at a slower tempo in some panel memories where I need it for the verses- I have been doing this manually as I record to mini-disc up to now.I appreciate your help so much, Thank you. Cheers, Jean

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online