SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#444816 - 01/16/18 12:23 AM Korg Performances on current range of keyboards
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Okay, okay I know I have been here before but...........let's be honest guys even the Genos has doubled its access to direct Registrations. Up until and included the PA3X had the old way of storing complete registrations either in Performances or in the Songbook. PA4X and the new PA motl range have done away with that.

Roland still has them ( user programs), Yamaha has doubled them on the Genos ( registrations), Ketron has got them ( Registrations) but with Korg these days the only way to store a full registration is in the Songbook. It is stupid.

It should be fairly easy for those technician to create a software update that after having made a complete registration to give you the choice via the dropdown menu: " store in Songbook, or store as a Performance under the current Keyboard Set buttons, which were originally the Performance buttons anyway...)

I know that those of you who gig will set up setlist etc.etc. but for fast access and lots of variations within the touch of one button the old performances are/were absolutely great.
Besides the whole concept with Set List becomes rather confusing.

For those of you not yet convinced: once you have a worked out a new registration and want to store it in the songbook you have to perform quite a few tasks and to refind it needs pushing and scrolling. With the old Performances storing was a piece of cake and recalling a performance only required one button and a choice of 8 in the touchscreen. Capisce ?

I am not saying they should cancel anything on the present range.I am merely suggesting they should ADD the old Performances (= total registrations) within the current range of their keyboards

regards
JOhn

#444818 - 01/16/18 01:33 AM Re: Korg Performances on current range of keyboards [Re: john smies]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I find it easy to long push the Songbook button, name it, and click on add to set list.

#444819 - 01/16/18 02:29 AM Re: Korg Performances on current range of keyboards [Re: john smies]
MusicalMemories Offline

Loc: Arbroath,Angus,Scotland
Do you create your song book entry then add to it after youve created it ?

#444820 - 01/16/18 02:30 AM Re: Korg Performances on current range of keyboards [Re: john smies]
MusicalMemories Offline

Loc: Arbroath,Angus,Scotland
Do you find 4 keyboard sets per song is enough as it aloud in the songbook entry

#444821 - 01/16/18 03:26 AM Re: Korg Performances on current range of keyboards [Re: john smies]
Bernie9 Offline

Yes and yes, but it is easy enough to grab another quickly, if needed.

Edited by Bernie9 (01/16/18 03:28 AM)

#444825 - 01/16/18 05:40 AM Re: Korg Performances on current range of keyboards [Re: Bernie9]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
First – to all those who help me understand their method of setting up my Yamaha S970 – THANK YOU.

My learning took place on a Technics keyboard; eight registration and ten banks. If A B C banks were added then there were 13 banks. The S970 has 8 registration and 10 banks per page. Both had a filter. (What you wanted to be saved) Yamaha has added a few options.
My mistake is that I wanted to know what system was best to use; the registration or the Music Finder. I am using both on my S970:
1-Banks – view 10 banks. Use 9 banks to set up songs and one bank to set up Instruments, the style is filtered. Up to 72 songs and one band setups – Sax section, all Piano, Trumpet solo Ect.----

Music Finder:
All the songs are setup with a two letter code AA Big Band –BB Big Band Med —CC Big Band up –- DD Rock Slow ----- There are nine different setups. I use the search to select.

I’m a happy camper, John C.

PS, someone asked if songs are edited after they are put into the SongBook. I put them into Music Finder (SongBook) and edit them when needed.

#444838 - 01/16/18 08:31 AM Re: Korg Performances on current range of keyboards [Re: john smies]
Bernie9 Offline

On my Pa4x, I edit all the time, even live at a gig. Little nuances may sound different during performance, mostly balances. I could use the control knob, but I prefer to write it correctly. Again, this is very fast and easy-one push and save.

#444840 - 01/16/18 09:17 AM Re: Korg Performances on current range of keyboards [Re: MusicalMemories]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By MusicalMemories
Do you find 4 keyboard sets per song is enough as it aloud in the songbook entry

Its so incredibly easy to select more keyboard sets... on the fly..

But in general 4 keyboardsets/song is more then enough for me... (but thats not really fair as i also have the kronos tied in my setup...

I think the way the korg pa4x works is okay, its mostly a matter of rethinking..
Its different... but it works for me...

But in the end, i do prefer the way Genos handles this...

Edited by Bachus (01/16/18 09:20 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#444842 - 01/16/18 09:27 AM Re: Korg Performances on current range of keyboards [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

Korgs "folder system OS" is ancient and needs to be updated IMO...never liked it for that reason too many pushes to get to something..

#444853 - 01/16/18 12:01 PM Re: Korg Performances on current range of keyboards [Re: MusicalMemories]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By MusicalMemories

There are three voices/sounds per keyboard set....4 sets...12 souns/Voices in all. I seldom use more than one or two voices per song.

Edited by guitpic1 (01/16/18 12:01 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online