SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#444648 - 01/13/18 08:14 AM Re: Korg PA1000 Wait is Over! [Re: zuki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By zuki
Originally Posted By john smies

Still no first evaluation by George, which does not add to my optimism as regards the PA1000.........

regards
John

John, my board arrives today! I have a spot all set up and ready to plug in. I'll do some videos too and post smile

Good luck cant wait!!! keys

#444680 - 01/13/18 01:30 PM Re: Korg PA1000 Wait is Over! [Re: George Kaye]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By George Kaye
Uncle Dave said you couldn't use a mic and line input at the same time.

That's "almost" correct What I said was that you couldn't use the mic effects AND the guitar effects at the same time. Left side FX / right side DRY is the status quo on the 900, as well. WAY back in the days of the PA80, you could use internal guitar FX WITH the vocal processor.

#444831 - 01/16/18 07:49 AM Re: Korg PA1000 Wait is Over! [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Uncle Dave, any news on the Pa1000 ? ...

#444839 - 01/16/18 09:03 AM Re: Korg PA1000 Wait is Over! [Re: George Kaye]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
As of today, January 18th, Korg is again out of PA1000s. More to arrive in February.
(Retired 2021)

#444881 - 01/16/18 03:36 PM Re: Korg PA1000 Wait is Over! [Re: George Kaye]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Been fiddling around with the Pa 1000 that arrived yesterday. First departure from Yamaha. But, still keeping the S970. As a sit and play person, can’t say much about the deep innards of the 1000. I pretty much take what the programmers provide, with little editing. As others have noted, the styles on the Korg have a more live sound. I’d agree with that----punchier and more up front. Love the bass and drums. Still may prefer Yamaha’s individual voices. Lots of saturation with reverb and effects on everything. Need to tame that. At turn on, the screen reads “OS Version 1.0.1, September, 2017”. Guess it’s been sitting around somewhere. Would have preferred a few more styles. For both styles and voices, you get about 6 pages to click through----8 per page. However, few are filled to the max. The country styles only fill-up a little over 3 pages, with the remaining pages blank. A little deceiving. The volume balances across voice selections could be a little better. Some are noticeably louder than others on the same page. And, as someone noted, some of the fills within the styles sound a little klutzy. I prefer Yamaha’s intros and endings. Some of those on the 1000 sound like they don’t fit the song. On auto endings, some have a weird number of measures before the final cut-off, making it awkward-sounding. Of course, there’s always the fade in and fade out feature. The 4 preset pads for each style help to fatten the sound. Still have not learned how to control the volume of the pads. The vocal harmony feature sounds great. However, I’m surprised it won’t provide vocal harmony of a style that’s been saved as a completed song and played back in song mode. It’s still midi isn’t it? Maybe I’m missing something. The VH works well in the style mode, as you’re playing and singing in real time. Yamaha’s vocal harmony will track the midi song whenever. The 1000 will be a good addition for creating backing tracks for live performance. I’ll use these tracks most likely with guitar. The build quality of the 1000 is great. Screen is bright and easy to see. Like the overall size and weight. I’m glad I finally got the nerve to try something other than Yamaha.

#444899 - 01/16/18 10:41 PM Re: Korg PA1000 Wait is Over! [Re: George Kaye]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By George Kaye
As of today, January 18th, Korg is again out of PA1000s. More to arrive in February.

Interesting. Like the PA4X, Korg seems to bring out an instrument without a lot of fanfare(my opinion)..but they still sell well...far as I can tell.

So with the PA1000, like the PA4X, do you suppose Korg has another big winner here?

Question..J Larry or others.

How does the keybedof the PA1000 compare to the S970?

Tx

Edited by guitpic1 (01/16/18 10:47 PM)

#444900 - 01/16/18 11:06 PM Re: Korg PA1000 Wait is Over! [Re: J. Larry]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Larry,

as regards factory styles not being fully filled, as you may know with all Korg models you can actually also access the factory preset areas both sounds and styles and add or eliminate styles in the factory presets. ( somehwere in Global, factory styles protection: off. You can then load either individual styles or a complete bank of styles into the areas that you cannot reach now.
And if you download the (free) Dopamine set (from a guy in Frane) you will have ample stuff to fill up with. Note that he states that his set obviously has been programmed for PA900 and PA600, but this should not keep you from loading individual styles and/or sounds.:
https://dopamine4korg.wordpress.com/

By the bye, a very brave move from you if you are used to Yamaha And once again you prove my point ( often expressed) that nothing beats the combination of two different brands, be it MOTL or TOTL arrangers.
Looking forward to your further assessment. How is the amplificaiton by the way ?

regards
John

P.S. a glut on reverb settings has always been the problem of most arranger keyboards and certain Korg. Generallly they have set the reverb levels to 50% ( 64 out of 128) which is way too much of course. You will find that with adjusting these significnantly and with properly adjusting the overal EQ in the global mode it will already sound much and much better !!!!

#444941 - 01/17/18 11:08 AM Re: Korg PA1000 Wait is Over! [Re: tony mads usa]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By tony mads usa

Unboxed mine last night, but only glanced at it. I recently moved, and my world is in disarray right now. I'll report more as I discover new, and exciting things.
First impressions are great - the screen is fantastic, the speakers are at least as powerful (if not more so) than the 900. Almost all functions are comfy, and familiar to a Korgie, and so far ... I'm excited!

#444946 - 01/17/18 11:25 AM Re: Korg PA1000 Wait is Over! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By tony mads usa

Unboxed mine last night, but only glanced at it. I recently moved, and my world is in disarray right now. I'll report more as I discover new, and exciting things.
First impressions are great - the screen is fantastic, the speakers are at least as powerful (if not more so) than the 900. Almost all functions are comfy, and familiar to a Korgie, and so far ... I'm excited!

Good luck Dave awaiting your review also..

#444953 - 01/17/18 12:09 PM Re: Korg PA1000 Wait is Over! [Re: Dnj]
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
Dave please let us know about the keybed and key feel and response when you can....thanks!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online