SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#444719 - 01/14/18 07:02 AM Expectations TOTL vs. MOTL arranger
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Zuki’s post regarding the PA1000 got me thinking(always a dangerous thing😊) Zuki no criticism here...more curiosity.

What is/are realistic expectations when playing a TOTL or MOTL arranger?

I have both the S970 and PA4X. I enjoy playing both but experience a richer playing experience with the 4X...better keybed, better controls etc.

That said, I do enjoy playing my S970 but don’t expect it to match the experience of my 4X and it shouldn’t have to...it’s half the price of my 4X.

Although my S970 won’t see as much playing time as my 4X, I most likely won’t sell it unless I move to the Genos. Also, I like having the S970 around for those friends of mine interested in exploring arrangers as I think it’s a bit easier for a beginner to try.

Thoughts?

#444731 - 01/14/18 11:56 AM Re: Expectations TOTL vs. MOTL arranger [Re: guitpic1]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
Zuki’s post regarding the PA1000 got me thinking(always a dangerous thing😊) Zuki no criticism here...more curiosity.

I have both the S970 and PA4X. I enjoy playing both but experience a richer playing experience with the 4X...better keybed, better controls etc.

That said, I do enjoy playing my S970 but don’t expect it to match the experience of my 4X and it shouldn’t have to...it’s half the price of my 4X.

Although my S970 won’t see as much playing time as my 4X, I most likely won’t sell it unless I move to the Genos. Also, I like having the S970 around for those friends of mine interested in exploring arrangers as I think it’s a bit easier for a beginner to try.

Thoughts?

Motl and totl are just names...

If you compare
Pa 1000 vs pa4x
Sd7 vs sd9 pro
Psr s970/975 vs genos

You will notice that the difference between models is biggest with Yamaha
And smallest with Korg (ketron sitting in the middle)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#444738 - 01/14/18 02:05 PM Re: Expectations TOTL vs. MOTL arranger [Re: guitpic1]
zuki Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1

Thoughts?

I was expecting too much. I suppose I had to find out for myself. I heard so much hype about the 4X, I was expecting a small 4X smile

Not the case and lesson learned - examine my expectations!

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#444744 - 01/14/18 02:56 PM Re: Expectations TOTL vs. MOTL arranger [Re: guitpic1]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
I come from the world of Tritons and Motifs. The arrangers are wonderful. They have so many tools that I can use for my musical needs.

The 4X sounds great and is a step up in sound quality from the Pa900. I also liked the PSR-970 but I agree about the experience. Key feel is a major thing for me and the PSR key feel is very light. But overall sonic quality is the end result I want when creating tracks for our duo gig.

Looking forward to NAMM for a possible OS update for the Genos... New products from Bose Pro... and all the other new and innovative products offered at the show.

Now... not looking forward to the “re-boxing” of gear... selling you the same thing with minor upgrades... like the PSR-S975.
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#444753 - 01/14/18 03:55 PM Re: Expectations TOTL vs. MOTL arranger [Re: guitpic1]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I had a similar question. I had a couple motl arrangers, xd9, pa500 musikant,pa600,psr950 . Then tyros2, by unexpected circumstance, which sounds great. Casually looking again, and wondering if going back to motl will be a similar letdown to what Zuki experienced. I do like Korgs navigation better than Yamaha.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online