SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#444176 - 01/07/18 10:49 AM Re: If this is possible on my PSR-S770... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
It's so nice to play a Yamaha again. After eight years with the Audya, I forgot how easy some things are:

1. Onboard speakers - so easy to do live recordings with my wife.
2. When the recording is done, the volume level is as it should be.
3. The styles are awesome and there are so many to choose from.
4. With the packs installed, I have things available that I never thought possible.
5. I love the new Yamahasoft styles - they are my kind of styles with awesome guitar parts included.

I will not downrun Ketron, their products are nice. But they do not at all lean towards their users creating 3rd party styles. There are virtually no tools available for this.

The whole Yamaha approach is different. Their members are different. Their forums are different with so many things available. Great to be back.

My dream is clear - I MUST have a Genos - Period! It is my kind of arranger that turns the likes of me on.

Okay, let me go explore some more.

All the best,

Henni

#444181 - 01/07/18 02:21 PM Re: If this is possible on my PSR-S770... [Re: Henni]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Henni

I will not downrun Ketron, their products are nice. But they do not at all lean towards their users creating 3rd party styles. There are virtually no tools available for this.

-----------------------------------------

My dream is clear - I MUST have a Genos - Period!

I don't think it's unreasonable for a small company with limited resources to not be spending a lot of time worrying about 'third-party styles' or the ease of creating said styles. In fact, poorly conceived or constructed styles could possibly hurt their image more than help. Perhaps they just may want to have more control over 'content' and what comes out of their machines. Just a thought.

As I said before, with limited resourses, one must prioritize where those resources will be allocated; random (and resource robbing) requests by 1% of their users OR R&D on new product innovations ie. new and improved voices, AI, ergonomics, reduction in manufacturing costs, etc. Just my opinion but, I think one should buy an instrument because of the way it sounds, not the way you WANT it to sound.

If one sticks with an instrument/company for EIGHT years (praising it for most of that time), that seems like a long time to just now noticing this deficiency. I also think it's unreasonable to think that a company has an obligation to maintain backwards-compatibility on into infinity (especially in this age of rapid technological advances).

As far as the GENOS goes, I think one should always keep in mind; INSTRUMENTS don't make beautiful music, MUSICIANS do (or as one of our members so aptly puts it, "it aint the keyboard, it's the keyboardist" or words to that effect).

JMO so don't freak out smile.

chas

BTW, how's that 'experimental' coming? Ever get it up in the air?

#444201 - 01/07/18 09:12 PM Re: If this is possible on my PSR-S770... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Very confusing.

1. Audya means audio = new technology using audio with midi
2. SD series were NEVER audio oriented.
3. Audya will not be replaced by anything.
4. SD series now becomes the audio/midi flagship, but is not a replacement for the Audya?

Sorry, I cannot see this other than a mere excuse for the SD9 not compatible with what whatever comes from the Audya. It is an easy thing to update the onboard SD9 converter to simply point the relevant Audya audio parts to the relevant new audio memory (albeit an updated version of the original) allocations on the SD9. (Surely Ketron did not completely throw away their original audio parts investment - they merely updated the original with more modern versions so no REAL need to port the original older stuff over to the SD9)

The SD9 sounds incredible - but to say it does not replace the Audya makes no sense. It is the same as Yamaha killing the Tyros series altogether by making the Genos not compatible with whatever comes from the previous models.

I have always been a staunch campfighter for Ketron - everyone here knows that. I am not on a sudden Ketron bashing spree. But please don't feed me things that makes no sense to explain away a serious manufacturer problem.

Gigging musicians like to use their hard work on the next new model - this is a standard thing that should be catered for and not merely be explained away!!!

Please enlighten me then:

1. The best available universal software that converts styles between arrangers are not even at the Audya level yet - they currently sit at SD5/Midjay Plus level max as is.

2. How do you expect to get non direct Ketron styles onboard the SD9 so that you can start adding the fantastic onboard stuff to it?

3. The ONLY way current is to 1st convert it to *.PAT format and then do a onboard SD9 to *.KST conversion that does not appear to be working at this stage.

4. Once this works as it should, now you can use the various outstanding style modelling features onboard the SD9 to update these into SUPER styles that could be shared amongst the other SD9 users.

5. Why should you be limited to use only what is available direct from Ketron for this?

I did not say that. Let me put this in a way that you can understand.

I am a normal individual. Yet I am able to convert most (99%) of the SD9 styles to play on my Audya, minus the missing loops off course.

Ketron, being the creator of the software, has no excuse whatsoever for not being able to convert whatever is on the Audya to the SD9. If something is at a different address or missing, simply point it to the correct address or closest fit.

As for 3rd party styles, it is something minor causing a major issue. If Ketron bothers to investigate this, they will within 5 minutes find a common error in all non Ketron converted 3rd party styles. It would take them no more than a single afternoon to write code that would fix this and then make this simple software available to all users.

Fact is, they could simply not be bothered. Pure & simple. Their support stinks. Their attitude stinks. All of this whist their products shine.

I need not say more.

Sorry Chas,

"In fact, poorly conceived or constructed styles could possibly hurt their image more than help. Perhaps they just may want to have more control over 'content' and what comes out of their machines. Just a thought."

Your comments about me are unreasonable. My requests to Ketron above were quite reasonable. I have decided to move on - (I'll keep the Audya as it is a good arranger). No Ketron bashing here, just extreme disappointment. Show me anyone else that contributed as much to the Audya community as myself. I spent countless midnight hours creating things for the Audya for free. Some of those were really very good as to this day I still receive compliments via private email from around the globe. Please go count my uploads (all created by myself) - you might just be ASTOUNDED... Only THEN come back to me with your statements as posted above.

Some talk & some do. I consider myself part of the latter group. I have been an asset to the Yamaha community & I have also been an asset to the Ketron community. I turn all my arrangers into the max it could be and then share these freely with the brand community.

To ignore my simple request for so long seems all but fair.

Just saying...

Henni

#444290 - 01/09/18 12:04 AM Re: If this is possible on my PSR-S770... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Find some more Yamaha free packs here.

Henni

#444321 - 01/09/18 10:57 AM Re: If this is possible on my PSR-S770... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Here's another good one...

#444571 - 01/12/18 05:33 AM Re: If this is possible on my PSR-S770... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

I love my new Yamaha - If I just think how hard I had to work to modify styles so that they could use the Ajamsonic guitar voices to sound more realistic.

On my baby Yamaha, they sound like that and even better by default. On top of this, I've discovered the Expansion Pack Manager. With this I can combine all the best voices and styles and my S770 is packed to the brim with these, And what a difference those voices make!

The Ketron is nice, but the Mega guitar voices on Yamaha really turns me on. Don't think I can ever let go of those again.

And I can find so many exceptionally good styles just ready for download. On top of this, I can purchase styles on a one by one basis and the guitars on those are simply AMAZING!

I will do everything within my power to be able to afford a Genos. In this, many, many more 3rd party voices can be loaded and you can basically make it sound like whatever interest you most. There are exceptional guitar voices available that top even the default fabulous ones. There are so many new scat & choir voices available. Yamaha really thought out of the box when they included this facility.

I am having a ball with my new baby at the moment. And when I eventually get a Genos, all my work/creations can simply be copied into it without losing anything!

Life is good...

#444613 - 01/12/18 04:23 PM Re: If this is possible on my PSR-S770... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Recorded live in a single take.

Attachments
Audio_002.mp3 (58 downloads)

#444713 - 01/14/18 05:14 AM Re: If this is possible on my PSR-S770... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online