SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#444701 - 01/14/18 12:08 AM Re: PA 1000 thoug [Re: spalding1968]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Hi Zuki,

disappointed to read about your PA1000 impressions.
See my email.

regards,
John

#444706 - 01/14/18 02:38 AM Re: PA 1000 thoug [Re: zuki]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
I'd say that it takes quite a lot of time to get adjusted to a new keyboard. Plus, all the excitement and wondering "did I make a smart choice or should I get my money back" works like a major distraction, at least, in my case. It took me about a month to get used to PSR-S950's speakers after playing PSR-3000, I even thought that a left one was louder than a right one.

At least, PA1000 is much lighter than PA3X is.

#444712 - 01/14/18 04:30 AM Re: PA 1000 thoug [Re: zuki]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Jim,

You’ve given it a try, but knowing what I know about your love of the Pa3x I was a little surprised you went for a PA1000, but then again you had a PA800 as I recall that you loved. Tony makes a good point with his reference to fully equipped Mercedes.

#444714 - 01/14/18 06:11 AM Re: PA 1000 thoug [Re: spalding1968]
zuki Offline

Originally Posted By spalding1968
Hi zuki

Your pros / cons comparison is interesting but just a little unfair . You can’t fairly say the absence of styles and features on this keyboard is a con because you are comparing it to a better top of the line keyboard . We all like to get bargains but but come on 🤓.

I wish you joy and happiness in finding the instrument that suits you best .

I think I saw some clips of you playing on YouTube recently . Really enjoyed it . Too busy for me to comment on most postings on the zone but sorry I did not commment earlier .

Best wishes . Worth

Yes Worth, you are correct. Not fair for me to diss a beautiful keyboard like the 1000. I should've prefaced by stating these are only personal comments; kind of talking to myself.

I was disappointed at myself for the pent up hype and anticipation of lightening my load, having speakers, etc. I also made the mistake of A/B-ing and it quickly went south from there.

Like I said earlier, I am enamored with the 3X, always will be and cannot see ending my career with a different product.

So, very excitedly, I am retiring my 3X76 to the studio, where it's all set up for marketing purposes. I'll get a 61 note for live play.

OK, someone else take the helm and look like a fool smile

Edited by zuki (01/14/18 06:13 AM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#444715 - 01/14/18 06:19 AM Re: PA 1000 thoug [Re: zuki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By zuki
Hi zuki

Your pros / cons comparison is interesting but just a little unfair . You can’t fairly say the absence of styles and features on this keyboard is a con because you are comparing it to a better top of the line keyboard . We all like to get bargains but but come on 🤓.

I think I saw some clips of you playing on YouTube recently . Really enjoyed it . Too busy for me to comment on most postings on the zone but sorry I did not commment earlier .

Best wishes . Worth

Yes Worth, you are correct. Not fair for me to diss a beautiful keyboard like the 1000. I should've prefaced by stating these are only personal comments; kind of talking to myself.

I was disappointed at myself for the pent up hype and anticipation of lightening my load, having speakers, etc. I also made the mistake of A/B-ing and it quickly went south from there.

Like I said earlier, I am enamored with the 3X, always will be and cannot see ending my career with a different product.

So, very excitedly, I am retiring my 3X76 to the studio, where it's all set up for marketing purposes. I'll get a 61 note for live play.

Zuki,...no shame in trying something new.....I can feel your passion for your Korg Pa3x 76......and I understand all the work you out in to make it "YOUR OWN".....its nice unlike eg: Genos that KORG gives you the choice with the same instrument of a Pax76 & Pax61 for studio & stage, should be able to get a 61 at a great price also probably close to the Pa3x61 at this time too........this way you also have an Exact backup to transfer files, settings etc, etc, .....as we all know NEW isn't always better. Good luck with your music. cool2

#444717 - 01/14/18 06:53 AM Re: PA 1000 thoug [Re: zuki]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA

Zuki ... I don't think anyone feels you are a fool, but I think the 'instant turnaround' took us all by surprise ...
I don't think even Donny has turned a board around that fast ... grin

#444718 - 01/14/18 07:01 AM Re: PA 1000 thoug [Re: tony mads usa]
zuki Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa

... I don't think anyone feels you are a fool, but I think the 'instant turnaround' took us all by surprise ...
I don't think even Donny has turned a board around that fast ... grin

Funny! I think you are right. But for this kind of money, I have to make a quick decision and unload before too many cobwebs accrue.

Looking ONLY for a 3X 61 keyboard at this time, as the 1000 is sold already.

Edited by zuki (01/14/18 07:01 AM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#444720 - 01/14/18 07:03 AM Re: PA 1000 thoug [Re: zuki]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Appreciated your review and thoughts Zuki.

#444721 - 01/14/18 07:05 AM Re: PA 1000 thoug [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Hi zuki

Best wishes . Worth

Zuki,...no shame in trying something new.....I can feel your passion for your Korg Pa3x 76......and I understand all the work you out in to make it "YOUR OWN".....its nice unlike eg: Genos that KORG gives you the choice with the same instrument of a Pax76 & Pax61 for studio & stage, should be able to get a 61 at a great price also probably close to the Pa3x61 at this time too........this way you also have an Exact backup to transfer files, settings etc, etc, .....as we all know NEW isn't always better. Good luck with your music. cool2

Thanks Donny. Exactly, makes perfect sense to transfer all the hard work in a "flash", pardon the pun...

#444722 - 01/14/18 07:39 AM Re: PA 1000 thoug [Re: zuki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Hi zuki

Best wishes . Worth

Thanks Donny. Exactly, makes perfect sense to transfer all the hard work in a "flash", pardon the pun...

Zuki you know what your doing enjoy what you play.!!...
Btw you can remove the pa 1000 from your signature now just sayin'.. coffee

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online