SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#444564 - 01/12/18 02:28 AM My recent bad experience with Ketron UK
jdx Offline

Loc: Liverpool U.K.
Here in the UK if you want to buy a new Ketron keyboard the only option is Ketron UK.
For the past couple of months I have had the cash waiting to purchase a Ketron SD9.
I contacted them to ask a few questions before purchase as I had had issues with one of the first SD7s that came out which I returned to them because of freezing and other problems.
They have not returned my emails or followed up my calls at all.
Below is a copy of the latest email I sent without the courtesy of a reply.
Please read this and let me know your views.
Dear Ketron Italy
I was excited about purchasing a Ketron SD9 because I think the live guitars and the launchpad and style creator features are fabulous.
As you are aware Ketron UK is the only available outlet here in England so I contacted them a couple of months ago to discuss a couple of points before purchase as I had previously returned one of the first SD7 keyboards because it kept freezing and making weird noises.
Below is a copy of the email I sent them a few days ago without even the courtesy of a reply.
Dear Ketron UK.

I am writing to you to say how disappointed and angry I am at the lack of response from your company.
As you are aware I have contacted you by way of several emails and by telephone calls to both to yourself (name witheld)
and also to (name witheld) over the past couple of months in respect of purchasing a Ketron SD9.

You have totally ignored my efforts to contact you (apart from one forwarded internal email) and not contacted me back.

If this was a complaint on my part and you ignored me it would be marginally easier to understand (not right.. but easier)
but I was trying to get information regarding buying one of your products.

Now to the reason this has happened and I can only assume one thing.

Because I returned one of the first SD7 keyboards to you because of numerous problems it seems to me you
do not want my custom.

If this is the case then you should have told me up front and not just ignored me for over two months.

The problems I had with the SD7 such as freezing up and other things were the justified reasons why I returned it
because as a gigging musician I could not rely on it.

The conversation we had at the time was that I loved the Ketron sound and I would wait until some time in the future
and repurchase a Ketron instrument.

Please don’t tell me that you have been very busy because we are talking months here not days.
If I ignored my business contacts the way you have ignored me I would not be getting any work.

I think people should know if they upset you by returning a product they should not try to buy another one.

I will reluctantly look elsewhere as you are the only source of purchase in the UK.

Regards.

Edited by jdx (01/12/18 02:48 AM)

#444567 - 01/12/18 03:33 AM Re: My recent bad experience with Ketron UK [Re: jdx]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Making this public is probably the only way we can improve matters with Ketron.
I had the same experience after buying my MidjPro and making an enquiry.
It seems that Ketron worldwide are guilty of this behaviour so making our complaints public is the only thing we can do.
Ketron users in the USA are extremely fortunate that they have AJ to turn to. I do wish Ketron would learn from him.
I had the money ready for the SD9 or new Audya (if one was expected) and as Ketron are not interested, I bought a Genos instead.
Ketron's instruments are world leading once all the bugs have been removed but their customer relations are a disgrace and they don't deserve to sell their products.
It's a pity we don't have better consumer laws so we could force them to listen, and I would sue them without hesitation if need be.
Tony

Edited by Anthony Johnson (01/12/18 03:34 AM)

#444632 - 01/13/18 04:22 AM Re: My recent bad experience with Ketron UK [Re: jdx]
jdx Offline

I know I don't post here a lot but I do take a great interest in the forum and I am a bit suprised that nobody apart from Tony who has had a similar experience has commented.

I have bee a pro musician for many years and in that time I have purchased may thousands of pounds worth of equipment from many different companies and can hand on heart say I have never been treated this way before.

I wish that AJ was here in the UK as I do not think this would have happened.

Best wishes to all on Synthzone

I will now be entertaining my audiences with my new keyboard.... a Yamaha Genos.(my second choice)

So Ketron ... Thanks for nothing.

#444634 - 01/13/18 04:40 AM Re: My recent bad experience with Ketron UK [Re: jdx]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
My impression is that Ketron products have never been officially available in Russia, looks like reaching everyone is not their top priority.

#444635 - 01/13/18 04:45 AM Re: My recent bad experience with Ketron UK [Re: jdx]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Why are you complaining? You have the money to spend and they don’t want to do a thing to sell you their product. Just move on. There are other keyboards.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#444636 - 01/13/18 05:01 AM Re: My recent bad experience with Ketron UK [Re: mirza]
jdx Offline

mirza
I am complaining because Ketron have refused to communicate with me at all about my prospestive purchase.
It would be the polite thing to at least reply to me.
I know I have the money to buy another keyboard but I wanted to buy a Ketron SD9 .... Is that not what is discussed on this forum i.e. which make of keyboard we prefer?

#444646 - 01/13/18 08:02 AM Re: My recent bad experience with Ketron UK [Re: jdx]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
JDX,
I have two close friends in the UK who played Yamaha keyboards for decades. After reading my rave reviews of my SD7s they both decided to purchase a SD7. The downfall was the lack of interest and lack of technical knowledge by the selling dealer in the UK. They finally gave up and traded the SD7s back to the dealer. Like I said in my PM to you, I would contact AJ and see if he can help.
Deane

#444650 - 01/13/18 08:37 AM Re: My recent bad experience with Ketron UK [Re: jdx]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Deane - passing on innacurate and defamatory hearsay on a public forum is both foolish and risky (for legal reasons). It can easily be proved that Ketron UK only ever had one SD7 traded back and that was by an elderly chap who could not get used to anything other than his old X1. We took it back against a brand new X1 (ketron Italy built it specially for him)

NOTE: last paragraph edited out as it is no longer in context (the reply to Deanes 'defamatory' bit) as Deane edited it out of his comments

Edited by Tonewheeldude (01/13/18 09:30 AM)

#444653 - 01/13/18 09:06 AM Re: My recent bad experience with Ketron UK [Re: Tonewheeldude]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Tonewheel Dude,

If my information is wrong then I was misinformed. You are probably correct in your statement about posting it. That said, as an owner of 2 Ketron SD7 keyboards, I too have experienced support issues with Ketron in general and if it had not been for AJ I would have been out of luck.

Deane

#444654 - 01/13/18 09:20 AM Re: My recent bad experience with Ketron UK [Re: jdx]
Tonewheeldude Offline

With regards to JDX post. There is always far more to situations like this than it appears.

Its difficult to please everyone - but the one who is displeased will always make more noise than the many who are happy.

Edited by Tonewheeldude (01/13/18 10:04 AM)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online