SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#444245 - 01/08/18 12:58 PM Re: Thoughts on playing solo. [Re: sparky589]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By sparky589
Loved the medley! Nicely done. What did you record on/to?

Hey thanks! It was recorded with a Zoom recorder directly from the Yamaha mixer. Nothing fancy....

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#444252 - 01/08/18 03:12 PM Re: Thoughts on playing solo. [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Paul you know Im a BIG fan of yours bravo !! clap

PS I love bachata cool2

#444311 - 01/09/18 08:46 AM Re: Thoughts on playing solo. [Re: guitpic1]
montunoman Offline

Right back at you Donny!

Bachata is big here Dallas, TX and I'm sure it's even more popular on the East Coast.

#444318 - 01/09/18 10:32 AM Re: Thoughts on playing solo. [Re: sparky589]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By sparky589
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
the DJ playing hip-hop for the 6 brides maids that took off their shoes, got drunk and dominated the dance floor, while 150 other guests had to yell at each other because the music was being played at ear bleed levels.

Gary, were you at the same wedding I was at last month?

That Dj is playing for his next job. Who do you think will hire him , the single some day to get married drunk girls haviing a great time or the older crowd in the back complaining because "they can't talk". Every Band and DJ at a wedding is audioining for their next job. Been there done that.

#444323 - 01/09/18 11:28 AM Re: Thoughts on playing solo. [Re: Bill Lewis]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
We are on the same page with this, Bill ...

#444340 - 01/09/18 09:08 PM Re: Thoughts on playing solo. [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Paul you know Im a BIG fan of yours bravo !! clap

Same here. I always enjoy listening to your silky smooth performances. And the "rhythm section" player/players are outstanding.....love that driving beat. Sax player......very tasty....doesn't overplay.

You already know I'm deep into Latin-American music. Like Donny....Bachata, Merengue, Salsa, Tango, etc. So keep 'em coming.

Mark

#444397 - 01/10/18 08:50 AM Re: Thoughts on playing solo. [Re: guitpic1]
montunoman Offline

Thanks Mark, i always enjoy your work too I and wish my fingers were half as fast as yours!

The sax player is my brother in-law. He is very humble and will appreciate the compliment. He's toured all over the world with Tejano music legend "Little Joe and La Familia" He can play anything he hears and he reads great too. He is now a middle school band director and he's great with the kids, turning many of them on to jazz.

#444406 - 01/10/18 11:04 AM Re: Thoughts on playing solo. [Re: montunoman]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Thank you for posting this. It just put to rest arguments against using an arranger in a band setting Ir surprises me that more keyboardist don't use there kb's in more settings such as this.

Earl

#444417 - 01/10/18 12:49 PM Re: Thoughts on playing solo. [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Earl, there was a time when I filled in on a 50/60s oldies band, 5 pieces, and I used the PSR0-3000 for a sax, guitar and trumpet, piano and sometimes, strings with no accompaniment. They had a bass player and a drummer, so I just used the keyboard as a solo instrument. It was a fun job, but the pay was lousy so I stopped doing it.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#444455 - 01/10/18 09:00 PM Re: Thoughts on playing solo. [Re: montunoman]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By montunoman

The sax player is my brother in-law. He is very humble and will appreciate the compliment. He's toured all over the world with Tejano music legend "Little Joe and La Familia"

Paul, you're an interesting guy, and you have an interesting band, and.......an interesting family. When I see your videos, the first thing I notice, and enjoy, is how happy and relaxed and content and integrated everyone in the group seems to be.

And then, there's...

Little Joe and La Familia Music

Little Joe Y La Familia Las Nubes

Most can play this kind of music, BUT......to play it properly, that's another story. The "fills" alone are priceless. Well thought out, not just thrown in there without any thought. Simple but fall in the right place at the right time. And, the sound itself, the orchestration is very pleasing to the ear.

And then there's Fulanito...3 chords to work with and this accordion player just plain makes the whole song work:

I had two thoughts here and there throughout my life. To become an accordionist in a polka band....and....to give it all up and join a Mexican Mariachi band.

Mark

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online