SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#443824 - 01/02/18 07:34 PM Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Glad you are settled in ... weather along the I-95 corridor is pretty bad ... First blizzard of 2018 supposed to hit on Thursday with over a foot of snow expected ... frown

#443861 - 01/03/18 04:51 AM Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

here we go again Grrrrrrrrrrr

#443894 - 01/03/18 02:38 PM Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
(cue music ...) "I love the winter ... weather ..."
smile
I just walked to the food store, taking in the fresh, clean smell of a pre-snowfall. I LOVE this part of the country.My wimpy parents are headed to the Sunshine State tomorrow morning, and won't be back until SPRING! That ain't ME, babe.

#443900 - 01/03/18 03:40 PM Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sounds like your parents are pretty smart folks, Dave. wink

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#443904 - 01/03/18 03:51 PM Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... [Re: travlin'easy]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Sounds like your parents are pretty smart folks, Dave. wink

... in many ways, yes, but I will never buy into the snow-bird deal. NEVAH!!!!!!

#443908 - 01/03/18 04:57 PM Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

That's because you're still relatively young, Dave. Us old farts really enjoy warm, balmy breezes, swaying palm trees, sugar white sand, turquoise colored waters, fantastic fishing, fantastic beaches, and temperatures higher than our age. I consider any temperature lower than my age cruel and unusual punishment during the dead of winter! smile

Next fall, if I can get my self in better physical condition, which I am currently trying to do, my rotund arse will be in the cockpit of that sailboat under full sail with the bow pointed south. I intend to make a brief stop in Marathon Key, Florida, then head across the Gulf Stream to the Bahamas, than down to the Dry Tortugas, and sail back to Key West. Yeah Donny, I'll post lots of photos and videos. wink

Dave, I suspect you live in a community where you don't have to shovel snow, at least to the extent I do, which consists of a 300-foot long driveway that is 10 feet wide, plus 128 feet of brick sidewalk. I managed to clear a light snow last week using nothing more than an electric leaf blower. It was a very dry snow and it took just over an hour to clear half the driveway and all of the sidewalk. Tomorrow's snow, will hopefully, be just as light and dry. You can have all the blizzards up there in central Pennsylvania, which is where they belong.

All the best,

Gary cool

#444079 - 01/06/18 06:42 AM Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Uncle Dave Offline

... if you can't stand the cold, get outta the driveway!
smile
Gary, I've been a property owner since 1976 (still am, but my daughter's family is renting it now), and I have always had to clear my own snow. As of this past Tuesday, I'm in an apartment that offers snow removal for me. 1st time ever, and it's a treat. That doesn't mean I won't have to scrape the windows, and clear a path to the car, where the plows can't go.
Anyway - I pray you're wrong about the age deal. I absolutely prefer cooler to warmer in all things, but I do enjoy a nice change of pace from time to time. I love visiting the "warm, balmy breezes, swaying palm trees, sugar white sand, & turquoise colored waters" but I can't wait to get back home each time.
Nope. Not a snow bird. Not at this age, or any ... or so I hope!

#444081 - 01/06/18 07:48 AM Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
That's because you're still relatively young, Dave. Us old farts really enjoy warm, balmy breezes, swaying palm trees, sugar white sand, turquoise colored waters, fantastic fishing, fantastic beaches, and temperatures higher than our age. I consider any temperature lower than my age cruel and unusual punishment during the dead of winter! smile

Next fall, if I can get my self in better physical condition, which I am currently trying to do, my rotund arse will be in the cockpit of that sailboat under full sail with the bow pointed south. I intend to make a brief stop in Marathon Key, Florida, then head across the Gulf Stream to the Bahamas, than down to the Dry Tortugas, and sail back to Key West. Yeah Donny, I'll post lots of photos and videos. wink

Dave, I suspect you live in a community where you don't have to shovel snow, at least to the extent I do, which consists of a 300-foot long driveway that is 10 feet wide, plus 128 feet of brick sidewalk. I managed to clear a light snow last week using nothing more than an electric leaf blower. It was a very dry snow and it took just over an hour to clear half the driveway and all of the sidewalk. Tomorrow's snow, will hopefully, be just as light and dry. You can have all the blizzards up there in central Pennsylvania, which is where they belong.

All the best,

Gary cool

Gary sounds like it's time to make the big move down south FOR GOOD why torture yourself any longer at this age and retired...or at least snow bird it for 6 month at a time..good luck stay warm -0 here now

#444086 - 01/06/18 08:10 AM Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

There is only one reason I didn't move to the Florida Keys 45 years ago, Donny - my wife says she will not leave the state where her family lives, and while we have lived in both Texas and Washington state, she couldn't wait to get back to Maryland. After 55 years of nuptial bliss, I guess I'm stuck here. However, if I can get myself in a little better physical condition by next October, and my lungs don't get significantly worse, I just might snowbird it on the sailboat back to the Keys next winter. Ya never know! wink

Now, get naked and run around in the snow. wink

Gary cool

#444087 - 01/06/18 08:22 AM Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online