Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ...

Posted by: tony mads usa

Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 12/31/17 10:31 PM

... to Nigel and all my friends here at S-Z ...
Can't wait for Wednesday's heat wave, when the temp is supposed to rise to about 31F ... right now it is 4 degrees with a wind chill of -11 ...
drink
Posted by: shueymusic

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 12/31/17 10:38 PM

Happy New Year!!!!
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 12/31/17 11:06 PM

Carol and I went to an old schoolmates of mine's home this evening. Had a fun night, left about 1:45 a.m., got in the van, fired up the engine and had no steering - the power steering pump went up. In old cars, when the power steering pump went up, you had manual steering, but this is not the case with today's cars. It took every ounce of strength I could muster just to get out of his driveway and on the road home, which thankfully, was just 5 minutes away. I only had to make three turns to get home, and barely made it. It took three tries at the end of the driveway to park the car. We're home safe, the car will go in the shop on Tuesday for it's third, rebuilt, power steering pump. I will be having a serious talk with the mechanic and the owner of the shop, whom is also an old schoolmate of mine.

Happy New Year, Everyone,

Gary cool
Posted by: DonM

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 12/31/17 11:25 PM

Happy New Year. Just got in (1:24 a.m.) Long night, 6 until midnight. Then Prime Rib and champagne. It was a good year, and I hope 2018 will be as good!
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 12/31/17 11:55 PM

Happy New Year to everyone party
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/01/18 12:47 AM

Posted by: Bachus

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/01/18 01:04 AM

I wish everyone a happy new year and 365 days of good mood..
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/01/18 04:17 AM

1- 2017 was one of my best years. The love and companionship in my home has reached a new level. I have accepted the things I cannot change, and embraced the rest of my life with joy and contentment.

2- AND – this was my best year for owning keyboards. Kn7000, Pa4x, S 970, KMA, SD 60 Korg Synth. So far the Genos is not for me.

3- 2017 has brought me closer to my friends on Synth Zone.

Let me rate the above in order of what is important to me:
1- My wife and my home
2- My friends on Synth Zone.
3-My stuff.
I wish you the best of health and happiness in 2018.

John C.
PS, a special greeting to Nigel, I visit his place everyday.
Posted by: W Tracy Parnell

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/01/18 06:18 AM

Happy New Year to all!
Posted by: 124

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/01/18 06:24 AM

All the best to everyone here for 2018. Keep on keepin' on.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/01/18 07:26 AM

Happy New Year SZ all the best.

Posted by: zuki

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/01/18 07:39 AM

Happy New Year! My goal is to post a few videos this year!!!!!!
Posted by: Mikem

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/01/18 07:46 AM

I wish all of you a very Happy New Year, filled with health, happiness and many keyboards! smile
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/01/18 08:20 AM

tHANKS, ALL, FOR BEING PART OF MY DAILY ROUTINE.

r.

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/01/18 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By zuki
Happy New Year! My goal is to post a few videos this year!!!!!!

Happy New Year!!

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/01/18 08:36 AM

Originally Posted By captain Russ
tHANKS, ALL, FOR BEING PART OF MY DAILY ROUTINE.

r.

Pesky Cap Lock thingy! smile
Russ, you are a special person, to me and to the scores of people you have helped and encouraged. I hope you have a wonderful 2018!

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/01/18 09:07 AM

GROUP HUG...GROUP HUG....except with Mason, I'd need a step ladder!

R.
Ya gotta love the big Louisiana LUG!

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/01/18 09:40 AM

Short people have no reason to live--Randy Newman.

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/01/18 12:52 PM

Watch out, tallboy, or I'll slug you in the kneecap!

R.
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/01/18 03:17 PM

Tony and the rest of the SZ gang, wishing everyone a happy and healthy new year. We are on our way to central Florida, tonight we made a stop in the Savannah, Georgia area. They are forecasting low temps with a wind chill, it’s 32 degrees here by 6 AM it will bottom out at 29, not cold by Rhode Island’s current temperatures, but cold for the south.
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/01/18 04:32 PM

Happy and most important Healthy New Year. Keep making great music.

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/01/18 04:36 PM

29 $%^&*@ DEGREES here and going to be 19. This ain't right.

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/01/18 05:58 PM

12 Degrees f here right now and forecasted to dip to 4 degrees by midnight. It's so cold my tractor will not start, so I cannot take the trash cans to the top of the driveway tonight. Guess they'll have to wait till Thursday when we get a heat wave of 24 for the daytime high.

Gary cool

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/01/18 06:20 PM

Steve ... Sorry we didn't get together before you left ...
Happy New Year and safe travels ...
God bless ...
Posted by: Kabinopus

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/02/18 01:05 AM

Happy New Year everyone!

Speaking about weather; here next to Moscow it’s like an early spring with 33 Degrees f, so it didn’t feel at all like New Year’s Eve or Christmas. But a year ago it was as cold as -20 Degrees f at night. I had to keep my car’s battery at home.

People do not celebrate Christmas in Russia in a very noticeable way; it takes place on January 7th and influenced by the Church. So all shopping and parties are devoted to celebration of New Year. Now it’s a whole week of official holidays, and some people find it pretty risky especially for those who do not celebrate anything without getting drunk.

But altogether I like this magical spirit; traditionally I try to make some music out of it, this is what I came up with on this New Year’s Eve.

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/02/18 05:50 AM

Kabinopus clap good to hear your work again......a nice piece of music really brought in the Holiday feeling especially with the unique sounds you used....thank you for sharing More More!
Posted by: zuki

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/02/18 06:57 AM

Thanks K for the song - very mellow and nicely done! Happy New Year to you too and watch out for the drinkers!
Posted by: KeyBTyros

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/02/18 07:13 AM

A Happy New Musical Year Everyone
With Health and Happyness
And may al your dreams come true wave

From The Netherlands 10c 50f smile Not bad for winter

Greetings Rico
Posted by: FransN

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/02/18 07:19 AM

Happy New Year to all

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/02/18 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Steve ... Sorry we didn't get together before you left ...
Happy New Year and safe travels ...
God bless ...

No problem my friend, we’ll catch up in the spring. Meanwhile stay warm and out of the snow. We did make it to Florida safe and and sound. God bless you and yours!

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/02/18 07:34 PM

Glad you are settled in ... weather along the I-95 corridor is pretty bad ... First blizzard of 2018 supposed to hit on Thursday with over a foot of snow expected ... frown

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/03/18 04:51 AM

here we go again Grrrrrrrrrrr
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/03/18 02:38 PM

(cue music ...) "I love the winter ... weather ..."
smile
I just walked to the food store, taking in the fresh, clean smell of a pre-snowfall. I LOVE this part of the country.My wimpy parents are headed to the Sunshine State tomorrow morning, and won't be back until SPRING! That ain't ME, babe.

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/03/18 03:40 PM

Sounds like your parents are pretty smart folks, Dave. wink

All the best,

Gary cool

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/03/18 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Sounds like your parents are pretty smart folks, Dave. wink

... in many ways, yes, but I will never buy into the snow-bird deal. NEVAH!!!!!!

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/03/18 04:57 PM

That's because you're still relatively young, Dave. Us old farts really enjoy warm, balmy breezes, swaying palm trees, sugar white sand, turquoise colored waters, fantastic fishing, fantastic beaches, and temperatures higher than our age. I consider any temperature lower than my age cruel and unusual punishment during the dead of winter! smile

Next fall, if I can get my self in better physical condition, which I am currently trying to do, my rotund arse will be in the cockpit of that sailboat under full sail with the bow pointed south. I intend to make a brief stop in Marathon Key, Florida, then head across the Gulf Stream to the Bahamas, than down to the Dry Tortugas, and sail back to Key West. Yeah Donny, I'll post lots of photos and videos. wink

Dave, I suspect you live in a community where you don't have to shovel snow, at least to the extent I do, which consists of a 300-foot long driveway that is 10 feet wide, plus 128 feet of brick sidewalk. I managed to clear a light snow last week using nothing more than an electric leaf blower. It was a very dry snow and it took just over an hour to clear half the driveway and all of the sidewalk. Tomorrow's snow, will hopefully, be just as light and dry. You can have all the blizzards up there in central Pennsylvania, which is where they belong.

All the best,

Gary cool

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/06/18 06:42 AM

... if you can't stand the cold, get outta the driveway!
smile
Gary, I've been a property owner since 1976 (still am, but my daughter's family is renting it now), and I have always had to clear my own snow. As of this past Tuesday, I'm in an apartment that offers snow removal for me. 1st time ever, and it's a treat. That doesn't mean I won't have to scrape the windows, and clear a path to the car, where the plows can't go.
Anyway - I pray you're wrong about the age deal. I absolutely prefer cooler to warmer in all things, but I do enjoy a nice change of pace from time to time. I love visiting the "warm, balmy breezes, swaying palm trees, sugar white sand, & turquoise colored waters" but I can't wait to get back home each time.
Nope. Not a snow bird. Not at this age, or any ... or so I hope!

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/06/18 07:48 AM

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
That's because you're still relatively young, Dave. Us old farts really enjoy warm, balmy breezes, swaying palm trees, sugar white sand, turquoise colored waters, fantastic fishing, fantastic beaches, and temperatures higher than our age. I consider any temperature lower than my age cruel and unusual punishment during the dead of winter! smile

Next fall, if I can get my self in better physical condition, which I am currently trying to do, my rotund arse will be in the cockpit of that sailboat under full sail with the bow pointed south. I intend to make a brief stop in Marathon Key, Florida, then head across the Gulf Stream to the Bahamas, than down to the Dry Tortugas, and sail back to Key West. Yeah Donny, I'll post lots of photos and videos. wink

Dave, I suspect you live in a community where you don't have to shovel snow, at least to the extent I do, which consists of a 300-foot long driveway that is 10 feet wide, plus 128 feet of brick sidewalk. I managed to clear a light snow last week using nothing more than an electric leaf blower. It was a very dry snow and it took just over an hour to clear half the driveway and all of the sidewalk. Tomorrow's snow, will hopefully, be just as light and dry. You can have all the blizzards up there in central Pennsylvania, which is where they belong.

All the best,

Gary cool

Gary sounds like it's time to make the big move down south FOR GOOD why torture yourself any longer at this age and retired...or at least snow bird it for 6 month at a time..good luck stay warm -0 here now

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/06/18 08:10 AM

There is only one reason I didn't move to the Florida Keys 45 years ago, Donny - my wife says she will not leave the state where her family lives, and while we have lived in both Texas and Washington state, she couldn't wait to get back to Maryland. After 55 years of nuptial bliss, I guess I'm stuck here. However, if I can get myself in a little better physical condition by next October, and my lungs don't get significantly worse, I just might snowbird it on the sailboat back to the Keys next winter. Ya never know! wink

Now, get naked and run around in the snow. wink

Gary cool

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/06/18 08:22 AM

http://comicskingdom.com/zits

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/06/18 08:47 AM

Originally Posted By DonM

Saw that in today's paper and immediately showed it to my wife ... I really like that strip ... very true to life ...
I ALWAYS read the comics page, then do the crossword puzzle with another cup of coffee ...

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/06/18 09:00 AM

Funny comic!!

Count me in as a wimp, candy arse or anything else that labels anyone being a snowbird, I don’t mind one iota. smile smile Up until my mid 50s even with this cold you could catch my wife and I on the mountain at Sunday River Ski resort in Maine. The only thing I would have been complaining about is the lifts that took us to our favorite trails were closed because of high winds. That was then this is a different season of life, I don’t mind being in Florida at all even though the high today will only be 54, but Monday we’ll hit 70.

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/06/18 12:01 PM

smile
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/06/18 12:28 PM

I have no desire to live up north any longer, but I enjoy having a touch cold weather it wakes me up. I walked to my clubhouse and back a few nights ago; about ¾ of a mile. The sun had set, and the winds were blowing – I enjoyed the walk.

Steve are in Florida now – if so where?
John C.

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/06/18 01:24 PM

John, We are in central Florida this time and are trying a 2 month stay at The Villages.

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/06/18 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
John, We are in central Florida this time and are trying a 2 month stay at The Villages.

You could have your golf cart customized with a Pa4x on one side and a Genos on the other ... grin
https://www.google.com/search?q=customiz...041&bih=856

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/06/18 02:22 PM

Tony, I looked at one of those custom carts for Carol and it cost more than her car. Pretty neat, though.

Gary cool

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/06/18 02:56 PM

I actually played a wedding once and never left my golf cart!
I live directly on what was (and I hope will be again) Palmetto Country Club, and was a member for many years. I also played a lot of functions there.
In addition to the Clubhouse they had an outdoor wedding venue, which was pretty popular. There was a stage, podium and large awning.
One Sunday I was setting at home and my phone rang. It was the club manager. He said there was a wedding scheduled to start in 30 minutes and the music for which they had contracted failed to show up, and could I help them out.
I loaded my laptop, and a small powered speaker onto my golf cart. I drove over, about 400 yards, parked near the podium, plugged into an extension cord, all just in time to play one love song, then Here Comes the Bride, There Goes the Bride, all on the laptop, and unplug and drive back home. Never got out of the cart. Manager said "How Much" and I said whatever they were paying the guy who didn't show. Turned out it was $400.! Not bad for 3 songs, half an hour total, and I had a front-row seat. I was still in shorts and golf shirt even. Didn't even stay for a slice of wedding cake.
They had recorded music for the reception inside the Club house.

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/06/18 03:03 PM

They should have hired you for the reception as well ...

Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... - 01/06/18 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By Stephenm52

You could have your golf cart customized with a Pa4x on one side and a Genos on the other ... grin
https://www.google.com/search?q=customiz...041&bih=856

Don, Great story and gig!

tony, Maybe next year! smile We’ve seen all different models and styles here, today at one the town squares we saw the turquoise colored knock off of the 57 Chevy. There’s another guy where who is a retired fire chief and you guessed it looks like a fire engine.