SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#443777 - 01/02/18 11:43 AM Re: What is your Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018? [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
work my Ass off as always LOL

Also work on my Genos and really get it down I am adding a Kawai MP7SE digi and that combo will be awasome

Also I am loving my S970 for quick set up gig small room

I am looking forward to new update for Genos it gonna really fix a few things and add a few too.

#443780 - 01/02/18 12:28 PM Re: What is your Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018? [Re: musicforyourday]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By musicforyourday

I am looking forward to new update for Genos it gonna really fix a few things and add a few too.

Ron please explain further what needs to be fixed on Genos?

#443784 - 01/02/18 12:54 PM Re: What is your Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018? [Re: Dnj]
Torch Offline

1. Learn to use what I've got if I can keep track of them.

2. Get rid of the stuff that I don't need or want anymore.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#443785 - 01/02/18 01:02 PM Re: What is your Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018? [Re: Dnj]
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I played at a party, but we encountered feedback. They finally threw out my wife and no more feedback.

#443803 - 01/02/18 02:02 PM Re: What is your Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018? [Re: DanO1]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By DanO1
I played at a party, but we encountered feedback. They finally threw out my wife and no more feedback.

smile

#443806 - 01/02/18 02:24 PM Re: What is your Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018? [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By guitpic1
With hip replacement done...still trying to decide if I’m going to get back in the gigging game...carrying equipment around is the issue. I’ve had a rough recovery and don’t want to go through replacing another joint.

My musical partner, my wife, is going to part time in her work and may be interested in playing more. That could get me gigging again.

This is the first year, in many years, I have no plans for new equipment...that could change of course. I would love to buy a Genos or SD7, just to have something new to play....just can’t justify it...$$$$ wise.

Also, I really have just started to learn all the options of my 4X and I still have the S970.

What does 2018 hold for the rest of you?

sounds like you need a Roland EA7 very lightweight, mic processor, and sounds very good.

You seem pretty happy with the EA7. Perhaps, but that TC Helicon vocal processor is pretty nice.

#443808 - 01/02/18 03:06 PM Re: What is your Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018? [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
With hip replacement done...still trying to decide if I’m going to get back in the gigging game...carrying equipment around is the issue. I’ve had a rough recovery and don’t want to go through replacing another joint.

My musical partner, my wife, is going to part time in her work and may be interested in playing more. That could get me gigging again.

This is the first year, in many years, I have no plans for new equipment...that could change of course. I would love to buy a Genos or SD7, just to have something new to play....just can’t justify it...$$$$ wise.

Also, I really have just started to learn all the options of my 4X and I still have the S970.

What does 2018 hold for the rest of you?

sounds like you need a Roland EA7 very lightweight, mic processor, and sounds very good.

You seem pretty happy with the EA7. Perhaps, but that TC Helicon vocal processor is pretty nice.

For the little I use the VH live I don't miss it at all.....
I use it more when recording backing tracks no big deal...

#443811 - 01/02/18 03:44 PM Re: What is your Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018? [Re: Dnj]
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
I just finished my once a year 30 min Christmas concert her at my community with my new Korg pa 600. The korg performed great. Just bought a Yamaha psr ew400 as a supplement keyboard for fun. Now I got 11 months to practice until the next concert if they'll still have me. I guess I'm the opposite of Russ.

#443813 - 01/02/18 05:00 PM Re: What is your Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018? [Re: montunoman]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
A 30 hour session starts when the film is about 75% edited. Changes occur up until the moment it posts. There are two sets of lawyers, advertising agency people, accountants, engineers, etc. all with input. I also do script changes, because I can "hit the mark", with minimal damage to the score as it stands.

Sometimes, the stakes are very high...$50,000 per day Federal fine if information on a vehicle recall is not public within the allotted time, for instance.

Sleeping in chairs for 15 minutes at a time is normal. Sometimes, if there is major script changes, you can leave for several hours to a local Comfort Inn, where the production company keeps several rooms.

Most pressure I have ever encountered in my life.

I LOVE IT!

Russ (just wish I weren't 73 years old) Lay

#443814 - 01/02/18 05:04 PM Re: What is your Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'm pretty much right on schedule for 2018. I wasn't really planning on doing anything other than having fun, and I'm still doing just that! wink

As for music, I keep playing and recording songs, but it continues to get harder with every passing day, though everyone that hears me keeps saying how wonderful I sound and that they wouldn't know there was anything wrong.

Today, I saw the pulmonary doctor's Nurse Practitioner, a drop-dead, gorgeous blond with deep blue eyes. She listened to my chest and said "Well, you lungs are much clearer than they were six weeks ago, but you're gonna hate me for what I'm about to tell you to do - lose 50 pounds!" Well, I've done it a couple times in the past, so I guess I will have to do it again, though it will be much harder this time of year with only indoor exercise and diet to work with. Too damned cold to do anything outdoors here for another 4 months.

Have a wonderful year, everyone,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online