SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#443750 - 01/02/18 07:05 AM What is your Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018?
Dnj Offline

What is on YOUR Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018?
New KB?...New Gear?...New Playing Technic?...New Gig Venues?..Or?

For me in 2018 in studio recording for a New CD project & as always improving my playing abilities on the KB.

Edited by Dnj (01/02/18 07:08 AM)

#443757 - 01/02/18 07:20 AM Re: What is your Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018? [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
With hip replacement done...still trying to decide if I’m going to get back in the gigging game...carrying equipment around is the issue. I’ve had a rough recovery and don’t want to go through replacing another joint.

My musical partner, my wife, is going to part time in her work and may be interested in playing more. That could get me gigging again.

This is the first year, in many years, I have no plans for new equipment...that could change of course. I would love to buy a Genos or SD7, just to have something new to play....just can’t justify it...$$$$ wise.

Also, I really have just started to learn all the options of my 4X and I still have the S970.

What does 2018 hold for the rest of you?

#443758 - 01/02/18 07:22 AM Re: What is your Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018? [Re: Dnj]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
2018 will be my return after many years to Yamaha.

#443763 - 01/02/18 07:35 AM Re: What is your Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018? [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
With hip replacement done...still trying to decide if I’m going to get back in the gigging game...carrying equipment around is the issue. I’ve had a rough recovery and don’t want to go through replacing another joint.

My musical partner, my wife, is going to part time in her work and may be interested in playing more. That could get me gigging again.

This is the first year, in many years, I have no plans for new equipment...that could change of course. I would love to buy a Genos or SD7, just to have something new to play....just can’t justify it...$$$$ wise.

Also, I really have just started to learn all the options of my 4X and I still have the S970.

What does 2018 hold for the rest of you?

sounds like you need a Roland EA7 very lightweight, mic processor, and sounds very good.

#443764 - 01/02/18 07:50 AM Re: What is your Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018? [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I, too, would like to make some quality recordings, perhaps in collaboration with some other musicians, and also improve on my playing ability ...
No new gear in sight, unless I need to get a new speaker, but that remains to be seen ...

#443767 - 01/02/18 08:19 AM Re: What is your Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018? [Re: tony mads usa]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Finish programming my S970 and KMA. Then take the KMA out on free-b. If I can handle that I’ll try a Roland E A7 or my S970. I added TC Helicon Touch Live to the KMA, sounds good.

That’s plan A.
Plan B is to sit back and get into the depth of my keyboards. Genos? No. Possibly a Tyros 5 set up. Do some recording. I am playing and creating arrangements for my guitar. I will be looking for a good Jazz box soon.

This is going to be one great year, John C.
PS, if you have interested in one of my arrangements let me know.

#443768 - 01/02/18 08:21 AM Re: What is your Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018? [Re: bruno123]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
"No new gear in sight, unless I need to get a new speaker, but that remains to be seen".
Tony new speakers??????? Like what????

Ya got me thinking again, John C.

#443771 - 01/02/18 09:00 AM Re: What is your Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018? [Re: bruno123]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By bruno123
"No new gear in sight, unless I need to get a new speaker, but that remains to be seen".
Tony new speakers??????? Like what????

Ya got me thinking again, John C.

Haha ... Keep the juices flowing John, but don't go too crazy ...
For the great majority of my gigs, my two Podium 10's are sufficient ... for larger gigs, (150 ppl +) which are usually with another musician or two, I go from the Podium line outs into another system ...
Most recently, I found that one of the Podiums isn't putting out nearly the volume of the other, so I have to get it checked out ... What happens there will determine what direction I go in ...

#443772 - 01/02/18 09:07 AM Re: What is your Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018? [Re: bruno123]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Need to make some decisions. Studio work (hired gun-keys, strings and copy) commitment is 90 hours per month in 30 straight hour chunks. They want 120. My productions (music for my industrial projects) take another 40 hours.

Been asked to demo for an amplifier company again, and do limited touring with a Grammy winner you all know.

That means giving up my house job and one-niter's with my band, consisting of my son and grandson. Really don't want to do that.

A long-time Italian client wants a commitment of 5 years to introduce contractor staircase packages and very expensive custom staircases to the architect and custom builder market.They must think I'm going to live forever. Slamming right now to complete collateral pieces (signs, entry forms, invitations, 12 brochures, etc.) for the largest builder show of the year, starting next week in Orlando.

Man, am I lucky. Every time I get a little down about extended hours, I slap myself and force myself to appreciate how great it is to have people want me to do what I love.

But, man, will I miss laid back dining rooms.

Be well in the new year, all.

Russ

#443776 - 01/02/18 11:35 AM Re: What is your Musical Agenda for the NEW YEAR 2018? [Re: captain Russ]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By captain Russ
Need to make some decisions. Studio work (hired gun-keys, strings and copy) commitment is 90 hours per month in 30 straight hour chunks. They want 120. My productions (music for my industrial projects) take another 40 hours.

Russ

Each session is 30 hours straight? That seems abusive on the part of the employer.

I had a friend also in the music production field that did crazy marathon sessions too, and he fell asleep behind the wheel on his way home. He left behind a new born daughter and a lovely wife. Such a sad situation for sure.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online