SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#443738 - 01/02/18 02:31 AM Re: 1st SD9 broken promise! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
I HAVE to include this example as it is a very good style on the original arranger to start with...

Come on Ketron - get your act together man! You are loosing out big time on potential business as a result of your NO-CARE attitude!!!

Attachments
_HARDROCK_Original.mp3 (11 downloads)
_HARDROCK_Modified.mp3 (9 downloads)

#443739 - 01/02/18 03:07 AM Re: 1st SD9 broken promise! [Re: Henni]
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
Henni,
I am complaining bout Ketron as I buy their first Audya 76 seven years a go.Now I had SD40 modul who dont want to convert old style files from erliar ketron product and frize modul during converting proces all the time.
Style modeling dont work properly in Intro and Ending section's and Drums playing the same rithm like in Main sections and dont want to stop when ather instruments stop.keep playing and playing.
That is a real shame on Keron and this guys spend more then 5 years to solve problems who are basicaly not suficticaded.
That kinde of behavier you can espect if you decide to buy Ketron product.
Good sound is not anaf but ketroners from Italy just dont know that....
Still engry on Ketron and SD 40 is the last product who I buy from Ketron even in future there made "Space suttle hi teck kayboard..."

#443741 - 01/02/18 04:10 AM Re: 1st SD9 broken promise! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi Dusan,

I am so sorry my friend. So then this is a common Ketron problem and not related to the SD9 only.

I think potential SD9 buyers should take note. I have some Ketron friends who informed me that they returned their SD9s and went back to the Audya instead.

It is such a shame really...

Cheers,

Henni

#443743 - 01/02/18 04:22 AM Re: 1st SD9 broken promise! [Re: Henni]
Dusan Offline

Yes Henni,

That is the Ketron reality and I cant take it from them.
I can not get rid of the feeling that they just picked up the money for an untrained instrument...

Cheers

#443744 - 01/02/18 04:33 AM Re: 1st SD9 broken promise! [Re: Henni]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
There are problems with the Midjpro too.
When you edit a voice and save it in a style or registration, it calls up the original voice again and ignores the edited voice.
Worse still, you cannot even access the edited voice without leaving style mode or voice mode and have to go to the main drive with the file manager.
Ketron are useless and are losing customers big time becaue they don't care that their brilliant products are spoilt by their refusal to put problems right.
Tony

#443760 - 01/02/18 07:26 AM Re: 1st SD9 broken promise! [Re: captain Russ]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By captain Russ
Henni, sorry you're having problems with Ketron. I really like their products, and have 4 of their pieces of equipment. My problem is with the way they do business, rather than the design of their keyboards. I have been offered a keyboard If I send a check made out to an individual, not the dealer. Another time, I was asked to meet an employee after show hours to complete a deal, ...But don't tell anyone...".

That's totally unacceptable in the US.

Be well, and happy 2018!

R.

At one point, I was very interested in an SD7. I was told, pay $3,800 up front and wait until one is available...not sure when...

Maybe some company, with actual marketing skills, should buy Ketron?

#443761 - 01/02/18 07:32 AM Re: 1st SD9 broken promise! [Re: guitpic1]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I have to reply to these posts. First I do not own a SD9 Pro and have not had a chance to play one in person. I do however own 2 Ketron SD7s and have had them for about 3 years. So far I have not had a single problem with either of the two SD7s. I have converted thousands of legacy Ketron styles on the SD7 with no problems at all. That said, NONE of the Audya styles would convert. I play midi files, MP3 files, WAV files and all play without a single issue. I have played live gigs with the SD7s for three years - never once have I had a problem.

Maybe I am missing something here in Henni's post but as far as the SD7 is concerned I can highly recommend it to anyone.

Deane

#443775 - 01/02/18 09:32 AM Re: 1st SD9 broken promise! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

My point is that it was stated that the SD9 could convert and play all Audya styles. My point is that the SD9 can not even convert midi only *.PAT styles, even if not created direct on the Audya.

Never once did I say that the SD9 was not reliable. It is just not suitable for those who want to use older none AJAMSONIC and non Ketron 3rd party styles with their new SD9.

Those two firms ought not be the ONLY providers of 3rd party styles. Ketron should go learn by Yamaha on this.

And I STRESS again that "THIS OUGHT NOT BE SO!!!" Any arranger should be backwards compatible - PERIOD!

Can you imagine the scene if the new Genos would not play Tyros styles? Shame on Ketron!!! If something plays on the Audya, it should also play on the SD9, especially if the onboard Audya audio drums are not used.

Deane, I find it laughable that you pretend that this is not an issue, especially since you used all your Tyros created gig stuff to play on your new Genos at your regular gigs. Yet you shun Ketron users from wanting/expecting to do same...

By the way: Do you know of any style conversion software that will convert other brands to *.KST format? So how do you suggest to get there for those who purchased the new SD9??? Unless it comes DIRECT from Ketron or AJAMSONIC, it CANNOT be had for the SD9!!! Sheeeeezzzz man...

#443778 - 01/02/18 11:48 AM Re: 1st SD9 broken promise! [Re: hammer]
Dusan Offline

Deane,

what i can say on your post...?You are a lacky guy like my misicaly friend who has SD7 kayboard.He not complaine bout hes instrument.Play only Midi files and onboard styles.He newer try to change any of Style,newer change sound in Midi file and newer make Style conversion.....Yes,he is a lacky guy.

#443783 - 01/02/18 12:53 PM Re: 1st SD9 broken promise! [Re: Henni]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Henni,

Are you saying the SD9 Pro would not convert and play the Ketron legacy styles? If so that is not a good thing and I too would be very unhappy. My SD7 has had zero issues converting the Ketron legacy styles. And yes, if I had a SD9 and wanted to use my SD7 gig sets and found out they would not play that would be a problem. When I spoke with AJ he indicated ALL the SD7 resources would work on the SD9.

Deane

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online